closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Is that confirmed what's the source?

Great bit of business if true.
    Various sources. Have confirmed terms with Tielemans but not Leicester yet and could be other clubs in the mix. So not a done deal yet

Master
    Blog Entries
    Class player youri, great addition to any squad.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Class player youri, great addition to any squad.
    Let's be hopeful if " could be other clubs in the mix' as per Ryans post is true lets hope Liverpool are one of those clubs and he ends up there.

Let's be hopeful if " could be other clubs in the mix' as per Ryans post is true lets hope Liverpool are one of those clubs and he ends up there.
    Man Utd is the other club

Also apparently United and Arsenal interested in Seege Gnabry

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Man Utd is the other club

Also apparently United and Arsenal interested in Seege Gnabry
    Oh it's as good as done to Arsenal then, no worries on that front for you.

Another academy player on his way to Ryan’s favourite club, Southampton .
    Romeo Lavia is signing for the Saints for £10 million plus £4 million in add ones . A buy back clause will be inserted as City have high hopes for this fellow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    We’ll Have to agree to differ regarding Richarlison - it's something we can revisit at the appropriate time, I’m sure. However, your statement that Spurs will be lucky to finish in the top four due to everything going on around them is still quite ridiculous.

By this time next week we’ll have signed Richarlison, Lenglet, Spence, Perisic, Bissouma and Forster. I doubt any other side in the top half of the table will have strengthened to the same extent, and do please note that - under Conte - we were already the only club with a points and goals record rivalling those of City and Liverpool (so hardly a fanciful claim on my part, given we'll have a stronger first eleven as well as greater squad depth where we need it). However, you claim that "with what's going on around them i think Spurs will be doing well to maintain top 4"?

You were, and still are talking complete shite.
    you have listed a number of players who wouldn’t get near city or liverpools squad and arsenal and united are strengthening also, not to speak of Liverpool and city and Chelsea. It’ll be apparent who is talking shite at the end of the season 

Spurs will be in the mix for 4th spot , that’s the mix they will be in, to think otherwise is delusion on a grand scale.

show how you think spurs will line up next season and then look at it and say if you genuinely believe that’s a title winning team, I understand spurs fans are giddy at signing a few players early in the transfer window but it’s time for a little perspective.
    Last edited by cyrusir; 3rd July 2022 at 20:11.

Bissouma and Perisic would get in both Liverpools and City’s squad .
    I think they’ve both missed a trick in not signing the former.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Beat me to it. Furthermore, Richarlison has looked like a bloody good player in a dysfunctional team and Spence will be a top player. Oh, and we’ll also have Skipp available again in midfield after losing half of last season to injury.

Master
    Perisic wouldn’t be in either , he would have 3 or 4 years ago.

bissouma maybe but the fact both have passed on him is illustrative.

Master
    Baffled why Liverpool never made a move for Bissouma given they had been linked with him for a long time and could do with a decent midfielder as an addition to the squad,

I agree he would get into both our squads with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Beat me to it. Furthermore, Richarlison has looked like a bloody good player in a dysfunctional team and Spence will be a top player. Oh, and we’ll also have Skipp available again in midfield after losing half of last season to injury.
    if spurs are closer to 1st than 5th I’ll happily admit I was wrong as I’m sure you will do if the opposite is true.

Master
    We’ll Have to agree to differ regarding Richarlison - it's something we can revisit at the appropriate time, I’m sure. However, your statement that Spurs will be lucky to finish in the top four due to everything going on around them is still quite ridiculous.

By this time next week we’ll have signed Richarlison, Lenglet, Spence, Perisic, Bissouma and Forster. I doubt any other side in the top half of the table will have strengthened to the same extent, and do please note that - under Conte - we were already the only club with a points and goals record rivalling those of City and Liverpool (so hardly a fanciful claim on my part, given we'll have a stronger first eleven as well as greater squad depth where we need it). However, you claim that "with what's going on around them i think Spurs will be doing well to maintain top 4"?

You were, and still are talking complete shite.
    Point and goals rivalling city and Liverpool ?

What are you on about ?

Chelsea got more points and goals than Spurs ?

Spurs will be lucky to finish 4th as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Point and goals rivalling city and Liverpool ?

What are you on about ?

Chelsea got more points and goals than Spurs ?

Spurs will be lucky to finish 4th as others have said.

I think he means that Spurs were the closest to City and Liverpool since Conte took over .

If only there was some way to settle this debate.....

If only there was some way to settle this debate.....
    Manchester City like this post .

Do we know what team Ryan is supporting this season? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Do we know what team Ryan is supporting this season? Asking for a friend.
    Arsehampton City Wanderers

I think he means that Spurs were the closest to City and Liverpool since Conte took over .
    By some margin.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    if spurs are closer to 1st than 5th I’ll happily admit I was wrong as I’m sure you will do if the opposite is true.
    I said "in the mix", not title winners. I still see City and Liverpool being top two, with Tottenham more likely to finish third than fifth. Time will tell, though.

United so far:

Two pushed out on loan
    Several end of contract departures
    Top scorer wants out
    Nobody sold to raise cash to spend
    Nobody bought yet
    Start preparations for the new season next week against Liverpool
    Harry Maguire as captain

Difficult to be optimistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I said "in the mix", not title winners. I still see City and Liverpool being top two, with Tottenham more likely to finish third than fifth. Time will tell, though.
    One would assume that to be in the mix you would need to finish very close points wise to the teams you are in the mix with. It’s far more likely that spurs will be closer to fifth than 1st so the mix is the cl places mix which there will be strong competition for. It would be a good season for them to finish 4th again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    United so far:

Two pushed out on loan
    Top scorer wants out
    Nobody bought yet
    Harry Maguire as captain

much as I’d like United to be dismal again I think they have finally appointed the correct manager and he will get 3 or 4 in and they will be better. Anyone gone you can do without to be honest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    United so far:

Two pushed out on loan
    Top scorer wants out
    Nobody bought yet
    Harry Maguire as captain

Thats music to my ears.

All sarcasm aside, I think the problems at your club run deep and there will be further lows before things start to look up and it will inevitably take time and be a slow process.

You top scorer should be told to pack his bag and leave in my honest opinion. Yes he is one of the best players ever to have played the game but equally can you imagine the pressure is ego will put on a relatively young inexperienced new manager. Heck he has already started applying that pressure in his declaration of wanting to be gone.

United don't seem to be learning from the mistakes they make and instead of telling him where the door is they are insisting he will remain. I just don't see how that will help in an already very broken changing room, although there is every chance United are simply posturing, time will tell.

For me to start the season with an unhappy Ronaldo would be disastrous.

But in short yes I agree with you Billy, impossible to be optimistic as a United fan, never thought I would be typing that sentence in my lifetime again.

One would assume that to be in the mix you would need to finish very close points wise to the teams you are in the mix with. It’s far more likely that spurs will be closer to fifth than 1st so the mix is the cl places mix which there will be strong competition for. It would be a good season for them to finish 4th again.
    In the Premiership it's a good season for anyone to finish in the top 4. My money is on 3rd place for Spurs, but in reality 4th wouldn't be something to turn your nose up at.

My response to your original post still stands, on the basis that your evaluation of our strengthening compared to others around us is nonsensical.

Blog Entries
    Thats music to my ears.

All sarcasm aside, I think the problems at your club run deep and there will be further lows before things start to look up and it will inevitably take time and be a slow process.

You top scorer should be told to pack his bag and leave in my honest opinion. Yes he is one of the best players ever to have played the game but equally can you imagine the pressure is ego will put on a relatively young inexperienced new manager. Heck he has already started applying that pressure in his declaration of wanting to be gone.

United don't seem to be learning from the mistakes they make and instead of telling him where the door is they are insisting he will remain. I just don't see how that will help in an already very broken changing room, although there is every chance United are simply posturing, time will tell.

For me to start the season with an unhappy Ronaldo would be disastrous.

But in short yes I agree with you Billy, impossible to be optimistic as a United fan, never thought I would be typing that sentence in my lifetime again.
    Reported today MU’s main man has not reported back to training for “ family reasons” they need to do what my club CFC. did with the Belgian Donkey and that’s get rid.
    Possible interesting season ahead City for the title , LFC second and after that ?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Reported today MU’s main man has not reported back to training for “ family reasons” they need to do what my club CFC. did with the Belgian Donkey and that’s get rid.
    Possible interesting season ahead City for the title , LFC second and after that ?
    I think Liverpool may struggle to get 2nd TBH. I fancy a bit of a dark horse to get 2nd with City winning by a canter and scoring 8 trillion goals in the process

Master
    I think Liverpool may struggle to get 2nd TBH. I fancy a bit of a dark horse to get 2nd with City winning by a canter and scoring 8 trillion goals in the process
    What are you basing that upon?

Master
    Nothing, he hasn’t got a scooby doo about football.

It will be City winning by a long way, Liverpool will still get 2nd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man U, West ham etc could all have a chance at 3rd and 4th. But still a decent way off 2nd.

What are you basing that upon?
    Mane was a quality player but was also always fit and available. So when Salah/Firminho etc were injured they always had Mane.

Now if Salah gets an injury, yes they have Diaz and yes they had the new lad up front but he will most likely take a while to acclimatise so I just think there's a risk. Don't forget the season before last Liverpool just came 3rd and were at risk of mission out on top 4 altogether for some part of the season.

With Liverpool finishing 3rd two years ago and not strengthening much in last summer's transfer window many people (including myself) thought they might find it difficult to challenge for the title. But somehow they managed to play even better together and the signing of Diaz in January was a huge, huge boost and meant they were able to push City all the way.

I think Mane will be a big loss - IMO he's as important to Liverpool as Salah is and while Nunez looks promising, it's one shedload of money they've paid for someone relatively untested over a period of time. We still have Jota who scores loads of goals and we've signed the youngster who looks really good. I do feel we've missed out by not (as yet) signing a creative midfielder. This is where City have had immense talent - David Silva in the past and de Bruyne now. I'd just like someone like those two who would be able to unlock a defence with a killer pass or finish in a close, gritty game.

Master
    Mane was a quality player but was also always fit and available. So when Salah/Firminho etc were injured they always had Mane.

Now if Salah gets an injury, yes they have Diaz and yes they had the new lad up front but he will most likely take a while to acclimatise so I just think there's a risk. Don't forget the season before last Liverpool just came 3rd and were at risk of mission out on top 4 altogether for some part of the season.
    Interesting analysis.

Mane will be missed, Liverpool would have been better selling Salah and giving Mane the 200k or whatever he wanted.

Liverpool just have to hope Salah keeps performing and does not set back now he has his massive contract.

Master
    In the Premiership it's a good season for anyone to finish in the top 4. My money is on 3rd place for Spurs, but in reality 4th wouldn't be something to turn your nose up at.

My response to your original post still stands, on the basis that your evaluation of our strengthening compared to others around us is nonsensical.
    my response to yours still stands as well, while you are falling over yourself back peddling,

Spurs being in the mix for the title is fanciful, they will do well to finish 4th again.

United have added a proper manager, Eriksen and gotten rid of some of the bad apples, much as it pains me to say it i think they will be better next year, arsenal should have finished 4th and they have done the better business vis a vis Jesus v Richarlison and strengthened in midfield as well.

As a Southampton, um I mean PSG no I meant Ajax, ah actually no Real Madrid, oh come on dammit Arsenal fan my tuppence worth on Spurs is I think they have an outstanding manager who seems to be getting some good players in but I always feel there is a bust up with Levy around the corner and a swift exit under a cloud.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Mane will be missed, Liverpool would have been better selling Salah and giving Mane the 200k or whatever he wanted.

Liverpool just have to hope Salah keeps performing and does not set back now he has his massive contract.
    I think the problem Liverpool had were teams were hardly queuing up to sign Salah knowing he only had 12 months left. I agree out of the two I would have preferred to have kept Mane but now he's signed up at least it's one less distraction.

As a Southampton, um I mean PSG no I meant Ajax, ah actually no Real Madrid, oh come on dammit Arsenal fan my tuppence worth on Spurs is I think they have an outstanding manager who seems to be getting some good players in but I always feel there is a bust up with Levy around the corner and a swift exit under a cloud.
    Conté has done more than most recent Spurs managers in getting Levy to spend some cash and getting deals done early in the transfer window. I do feel Conté’s winning mentality will see improvements as long as he’s there. Even as a City fan I wouldn’t begrudge Spurs lifting a trophy….. it’s the very least Kane and Son deserve for their contribution.

Interesting analysis.
    Apart from it missed out Jota and Carvalho.

Was that season he refers to the season Liverpool pretty much had no central defenders for most of the season?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Apart from it missed out Jota and Carvalho.

Was that season he refers to the season Liverpool pretty much had no central defenders for most of the season?
    It missed out a hell of lot more too, but just couldn't be bothered getting into it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post

salah doesnt seem to get the appreciation he deserves, on what basis would liverpool be better selling the guy with 156 goals in 254 games and keeping the one with 120 in 269 games?

my response to yours still stands as well, while you are falling over yourself back peddling,

Spurs being in the mix for the title is fanciful, they will do well to finish 4th again.

United have added a proper manager, Eriksen and gotten rid of some of the bad apples, much as it pains me to say it i think they will be better next year, arsenal should have finished 4th and they have done the better business vis a vis Jesus v Richarlison and strengthened in midfield as well.
    Hang on...

1) We should have had 4th place tied up multiple times, before Arsenal managed to let it slip. Why you think they should have finished 4th is literally beyond my ability to comprehend.
    2) How on earth can you suggest that Arsenal have strengthened more than we have? You must be delusional, seriously.
    3) Manure have certainly got a gem in Eriksen, and a manager with potential (but unproven in this league, let's not forget). However, I think this must be regarded as a period of transition for them.

I'm going to leave this debate now, because you really aren't coming from an informed position and I'm therefore wasting my time.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 4th July 2022 at 16:24.

Master
    Hang on...

1) We should have had 4th place tied up multiple times, before Arsenal managed to let it slip. Why you think they should have finished 4th is literally beyond my ability to comprehend.
    2) How on earth can you suggest that Arsenal have strengthened more than we have? You must be delusional, seriously.
    3) Manure have certainly got a gem in Eriksen, a manager with potential (but unproven in this league, let's not forget). However, I think this must be regarded as a period of transition for them.

I'm going to leave this debate now, because you really aren't coming from an informed position and I'm therefore wasting my time.
    1) Arsenal let it slip, you said it yourself, thats why i think they should have finished 4th, they had some terrible results in April and May when they were nailed on for 4th, so your ability to comprehend appears quite limited.
    2) Arsenals 2 main signings appear to me at least to be of a higher calibre than Spurs, i wouldnt get too excited about the youngsters and squad players outside of that, you clearly think differently.
    3) United have been in transition since old whiskey nose left, but even in transition they should have enough about them to finish top 4 with a sensible manager and some motivated players.

your repeated attempts at condescension given you are the one who made the outlandish claim at the outset are quite amusing, don't worry we can revisit this next May.

1) Arsenal let it slip, you said it yourself, thats why i think they should have finished 4th, they had some terrible results in April and May when they were nailed on for 4th, so your ability to comprehend appears quite limited.
    2) Arsenals 2 main signings appear to me at least to be of a higher calibre than Spurs, i wouldnt get too excited about the youngsters and squad players outside of that, you clearly think differently.
    3) United have been in transition since old whiskey nose left, but even in transition they should have enough about them to finish top 4 with a sensible manager and some motivated players.

your repeated attempts at condescension given you are the one who made the outlandish claim at the outset are quite amusing, don't worry we can revisit this next May.
    That'll do me - let's revisit at the appropriate time. As for condescension, I can back my opinions with some 52 years of watching Spurs live, three decades of which have been as a season ticket holder. You, or are you an armchair fan?

Master
    That'll do me - let's revisit at the appropriate time. As for condescension, I can back my opinions with some 52 years of watching Spurs live, three decades of which have been as a season ticket holder. You, or are you an armchair fan?
    Ah you arent finished with the condescension, there is more, lovely. The fact you are a season ticket holder proves nothing except it serves to explain why you are so hopelessly optimistic and unrealistic about next season. it certainly doesnt speak to any expertise, how could it.

Ah you arent finished with the condescension, there is more, lovely. The fact you are a season ticket holder proves nothing except it serves to explain why you are so hopelessly optimistic and unrealistic about next season. it certainly doesnt speak to any expertise, how could it.
    Lolz - no, 52 years of watching live football, year in year out, confers no understanding whatsoever. You win.

Premier League Footballer arrested in North London on suspicion of rape. Rumours on social media about who it allegedly is but as its a rumour I won't share here other than it is an Arsenal player of considerable reknown.

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

Removed
    Last edited by tango; 4th July 2022 at 21:29.

Premier League Footballer arrested in North London on suspicion of rape. Rumours on social media about who it allegedly is but as its a rumour I won't share here other than it is an Arsenal player of considerable reknown.
    One of two, then, given that your description excludes the third.

Shouldn’t be throwin* names out , sources or not .