closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

So how are spurs playing tonight, arsenal/ Brentford playing tomorrow, and utd, Liverpool cancelled due to the funeral 250 miles away in a different city - shocking

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    So how are spurs playing tonight, arsenal/ Brentford playing tomorrow, and utd, Liverpool cancelled due to the funeral 250 miles away in a different city - shocking

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    LFC v Chelsea is/was at Chelsea so not quite 250 miles 🤔

Master
    There are some club’s fans that will behave impeccably during a minute of silence. Then there are those that simply won’t. No rocket science required to work out who

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan Rodgers next for the chop me thinks.

Nice one Sonny - chuffed for him and his smile is back. Well managed Conte too.

As an Arsenal fan that was annoying. Spurs were absolute plop for much of the game and Leicester could have scored more but pleased for Son and his 1st 2 goals were both stunners. Never a 6-2 game though

Taxi for B.Rodgers!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Get this bloody clown out of my club…. He’s sucking the life force out of us

Thanks for the FA Cup, now **** off

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Get this bloody clown out of my club…. He’s sucking the life force out of us

Thanks for the FA Cup, now **** off
    You’re not getting Ange Postecoglou!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    You’re not getting Ange Postecoglou!
    Is that a skin condition?

Master
    Is that a skin condition?
    Ignorant response.

Blog Entries
    Ignorant response.
    Oh…. Wasn’t expecting that response…. Sorry if you’re offended (I’m not saying this in an sarcastic way either to be clear)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    You were singing his praises a few months back, stick with him he has character.
    I was, but it’s now very clearly broken…. He’s blaming the board, his players and the fans…. It’s all turned rather toxic

He was never a loveable character as he always came across as a bit of self important numpty, but he seemed to be competent and a good coach…. As soon as it started going south he didn’t have much ‘likability’ capital to fall back on…

I was really upset when uncle Claudio went….
    Last edited by Wolfie; 18th September 2022 at 12:32.

Master
    Oh…. Wasn’t expecting that response…. Sorry if you’re offended (I’m not saying this in an sarcastic way either to be clear)
    During his first months in Scotland some of the more ignorant pundits up here were telling him to go back to Australia and taking pleasure in mispronouncing his name. They didn’t even have the good grace to admit they were wrong when he soon established his managerial abilities.

Sorry for being so tetchy.

Blog Entries
    During his first months in Scotland some of the more ignorant pundits up here were telling him to go back to Australia and taking pleasure in mispronouncing his name. They didn’t even have the good grace to admit they were wrong when he soon established his managerial abilities.

Sorry for being so tetchy.
    No problem…. It was neither most amusing or most sensitive gag…!

Always had a soft spot for Celtic…. You’ve had a storming start to the season…. I’m sure he takes great pleasure in proving the ignorant wrong! All power to him!

Time for our chairman to put in a call maybe??? 😆

Master
    No problem…. It was neither most amusing or most sensitive gag…!

Always had a soft spot for Celtic…. You’ve had a storming start to the season…. I’m sure he takes great pleasure in proving the ignorant wrong! All power to him!

Time for our chairman to put in a call maybe??? 

Brendan has always had a high opinion of himself and his abilities but I reckon your owners will pull the plug on him soon. I still think transfer windows should also apply to managerial appointments.

I still think transfer windows should also apply to managerial appointments.
    Completely agree for employed managers, but fine if you take someone on who is currently unemployed. Poch and TT are both out of work at present, but I would imagine both would have huge wage demands and would they go to Leicester (sorry Wolfie).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Completely agree for employed managers, but fine if you take someone on who is currently unemployed. Poch and TT are both out of work at present, but I would imagine both would have huge wage demands and would they go to Leicester (sorry Wolfe).
    Absolutely. Just as a player who happens to be unattached can sign for a team as a free agent outside of a transfer window.

Very impressive from Arsenal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Dont mean to kick you while you are down but what you are saying now is exactly what I was saying would happen a few months back because it was the same at Liverpool. Not sure where he is going to go from here, perhaps a few years out them back to Scotland again?

As for the Celtic manager, his surname sounds very similar to Turkish having a similar suffix "oglu" "oglou" Perhaps a descendent of an Anatolian Greek who kept his old name? It was quite common, slightly different spelling but very similar to a Turkish surname.
    Yep…. A pattern seems to be forming for the Brodge! I’m not one of the most ‘reactionary’ of fans, so to feel like I do it must be pretty awful (which it is)

He’s hugely rich, so I’m not too anxious about his career, that and the fact I’m not particularly fond of him!

Brendan has always had a high opinion of himself and his abilities but I reckon your owners will pull the plug on him soon. I still think transfer windows should also apply to managerial appointments.
    Yes, he’s not short of self confidence, but he’s bordering on hubris

Agree regarding managerial appointments, he got a bumper pay deal when his stock was high and other came sniffing…. We are paying the price now…

Completely agree for employed managers, but fine if you take someone on who is currently unemployed. Poch and TT are both out of work at present, but I would imagine both would have huge wage demands and would they go to Leicester (sorry Wolfie).
    Have you seen how much we are paying Rodgers? We can afford them, but we aren’t an attractive proposition

First win of the season for Everton, happy with that, sitting on a 1-0 lead in the PL is a risky business and explains why we have had so many draws. Need to score a second or a third and kill a game.

West Ham seemed to have a million corners, but nothing came of it. They were very unlucky with that shot that hit the inside of the post and came out.

I’ll take three points…

Master
    Blog Entries
    First win of the season for Everton, happy with that, sitting on a 1-0 lead in the PL is a risky business and explains why we have had so many draws. Need to score a second or a third and kill a game.

West Ham seemed to have a million corners, but nothing came of it. They were very unlucky with that shot that hit the inside of the post and came out.

I’ll take three points…

Same here great relief to get three points and before the International break. The spine of the team is there and with DCL back we may just kill games off. COYB

Yep…. A pattern seems to be forming for the Brodge! I’m not one of the most ‘reactionary’ of fans, so to feel like I do it must be pretty awful (which it is)

He’s hugely rich, so I’m not too anxious about his career, that and the fact I’m not particularly fond of him!

Yes, he’s not short of self confidence, but he’s bordering on hubris

Agree regarding managerial appointments, he got a bumper pay deal when his stock was high and other came sniffing…. We are paying the price now…

Have you seen how much we are paying Rodgers? We can afford them, but we aren’t an attractive proposition
    There's a lot more to it than this. The missus (Thai) is in the same social circles as the owners and there's more to this than what you see and I can't go into too much detail suffice to say opportunities missed in previous seasons has caused significant resentment and means a rebalancing is required particularly as the business stream of the owners has been hammered during the pandemic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    There's a lot more to it than this. The missus (Thai) is in the same social circles as the owners and there's more to this than what you see and I can't go into too much detail suffice to say opportunities missed in previous seasons has caused significant resentment and means a rebalancing is required particularly as the business stream of the owners has been hammered during the pandemic.
    Interesting…. Would love to know what you’ve heard! It’s fairly clear that the KP business got hammered by fewer flights, but Top always aimed to make the club self sufficient….

We’ve just had a ground extension approved and opened a state of the art training facility…. Brendan was told to sell before reinvesting…. Surprise suprise nobody was interested in our dead wood…

We absolutely spaffed two great chances to get into the champions league….

Why aren’t they getting rid? They’ve not been shy of pulling the trigger before

Rodgers has a reported £10m release clause in his contract. That could well be a factor.
    ::
    I'd also like to congratulate Lamps & Everton for managing Nathan Party-On-Son through his lifestyle & health issues. He's beginning to look like a player.
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Rodgers has a reported £10m release clause in his contract. That could well be a factor.
    We can manage £10m

We just got £75m (bargain) for Fofana

In all likelihood, you got a quarter or a third up front for Fofana & the rest will be on 'the drip'.

If Rodgers goes, then Sadler, Toure & Davis will likely go as well. I suppose they'll have beneficial release clauses in their contracts. You then have to get another manager who'll want a similar or better deal to Rodgers & his coaching staff.

Cost of change? Upwards of £20m (perhaps upwards of £25m).

Edit: beaten to it by poster above...
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Brendan starting to look like Boris... Clinging on no matter what!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Like sh1t on your shoe...

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Like sh1t on your shoe...
    Or like fox shi!t between your toes?

Blog Entries
    Our next three games - October 1st, 5th, 8th. The next rail strikes - October 1st, 5th, 8th. If you want to bet on the next rail strike after that, my tip would be October 16th. You're welcome.

Well, thank goodness that International dirge is over and PL football is back .
    Looking forward to Arsenal v Spurs for the first time in a long while . Two really good teams and hard to separate them . Arsenal need a response after losing last time out but Spurs are now tough to beat . Should be a cracker .

Decent 1st half, Spurs dangerous on the counter, suspect more goals in 2nd half as Arsenal fragile at the back (Gabriel) but Spurs playing deep and inviting pressure. Surprisingly not too feisty on the pitch.

Decent 1st half, Spurs dangerous on the counter, suspect more goals in 2nd half as Arsenal fragile at the back (Gabriel) but Spurs playing deep and inviting pressure. Surprisingly not too feisty on the pitch.
    This aged well!

Definite red for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    This aged well!

Definite red for me.
    All the reports I’m getting poolside are saying the opposite.

Why Conte can’t see that we should be playing 352 with Bissouma in midfield is beyond me. We can’t just sit back against good footballing teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    This aged well!

Definite red for me.
    TBH it wasn't a dirty game. Re the red I guess it was but not to the extent the BT Sports commentary team were making it to be.

Was a non event after 75 minutes when Conte took half the side off to rest them

On the plus side it was the best first half I’ve seen Spurs play this season. Re the sending off - I’ve seen yellow given for those but no complaints. Was an absolutely stupid foul. Don’t know what Royale was thinking their guy is running back towards his own goal ffs! We seem to have a habit of buying defenders prone to brain farts. Lloris should’ve done better on both goals. Seemed slow getting down for the 3rd

Nice away win for Everton and two wins on the trot. A scrappy game and Southampton could have come back at us. 10 points on the board, 30 to go.

Blog Entries
    Well we got away with it and nice to see Gallagher get his first but still underperforming get grafting Potter. Great game for the Seagulls.
    As an aside i hope Diego gets a run out for Wolves
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    A mediocre season for us (Liverpool) I think

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Look a shadow of what we have been over last few seasons. In all honesty we deserved a draw at most from todays game, but still a bitter pill too swallow when we throw away a lead.

I do have to say Spurs fans can't be happy watching that park the bus shite that Conte's putting into action? Is the plan basically to sit deep and hope the 3 lads up front do some magic? A bit Mourinho-esque and tells me Conte doesn't trust his back line

I do have to say Spurs fans can't be happy watching that park the bus shite that Conte's putting into action? Is the plan basically to sit deep and hope the 3 lads up front do some magic? A bit Mourinho-esque and tells me Conte doesn't trust his back line
    It’s all bit lump it over the top to the fast fellas.

Partey makes such a difference to the team when he plays frees up Odegard and Xhaka to overload the final third.

Special mention to Harry Kane - will probably break every scoring record but end up with the square root of sod all in the trophy cabinet - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Special mention to Harry Kane - will probably break every scoring record but end up with the square root of sod all in the trophy cabinet - lol.
    Funny how it works for some top players, Stevie G never won the PL, but Phil Foden has won it 3 or 4 times already and he is still a kid. Although young Phil still hasn’t got a CL medal.

Because Arsenal have never been defensive, like ever ?
    Your fans literally sang 1-0 to the Arsenal as they were so backward at attacking football 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Every cloud , eh ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice away win for Everton and two wins on the trot. A scrappy game and Southampton could have come back at us. 10 points on the board, 30 to go.
    Got us looking like a mid table side which after last season I will take all day long. I think we need to let Frank get on with it and see how he goes.

Craftsman
    Quick word out for Brighton's new manager, Roberto, was a student of mine a few months back. Totally good guy. His english is better than it seems.

Great day for the Arsenal, thought we absolutely bossed the game a few moments aside, only shame was a week's work of constant refreshing on the Arsenal site didn't result in a ticket

Funny how it works for some top players, Stevie G never won the PL, but Phil Foden has won it 3 or 4 times already and he is still a kid. Although young Phil still hasn’t got a CL medal.
    In regards to Gerrard Liverpool still were a decent enough team to challenge for top spot and always capable of a cup run.

Spurs are utterly potless in that regard.