closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Bernardo to Barca is crazy.

City have gone in Haaland but going out they’ve got Ake, Sterling, Bernardo, zinchenko.

They’re starting the season in a worse position than last year with that many going out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eh ?
    Are these in The Echo or something ?
    Ake has confirmed he’s staying as Chelsea wouldn’t put up the money City wanted. Barca can’t afford Silva even if they force De Jong to United. City would want crazy money for him and he’s still under a long contract.
    Definitely in a better position if Cucurella joins . I also think Alvarez will be a surprise package this season .
    Losing Sterling and Jesus doesn’t really weaken us either as Palmer , Kayky and Macatee from the academy will be given more minutes this season.
    Plus, there’s another name coming in . Watch this space.

Zinchenko to Arsenal for £35m is apparently a done deal now and will be announced over the next couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Eh ?
    Are these in The Echo or something ?
    Ake has confirmed he’s staying as Chelsea wouldn’t put up the money City wanted. Barca can’t afford Silva even if they force De Jong to United. City would want crazy money for him and he’s still under a long contract.
    From what I’ve read De Jong doesn’t mind leaving Barca but they have been told he doesn’t want to go to United and to stop talking to them.

Barca are a joke. They still owe De Jong €17m in wages not to mention the mountain of debt they have yet they’re buying and bidding for players like they're using Monopoly money.

I’m more gutted at losing Jesus than Sterling and Zinchenko will be a big loss….. he was immense in final game v Villa but with these changes going on at the club it’s hard not to see Pep extending.

Master
    Liverpool are going all in for Bellingham next year but I think we look light in the middle and would have like him in this year.

Ox - terrible.
    Thiago - fantastic but injury prone
    Kieta - solid but again injury prone.
    Milner - solid but only a bit part player now.
    Jones - don’t rate him at all.

We definitely need a quality player adding in there and I think that could be the difference this year for us.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Have to agree, London clubs are on the up.
    Although 70% of all Premier League titles have been won within 19 miles of my house

As a QPR season ticketholder, that gives me no pleasure...

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Although 70% of all Premier League titles have been won within 19 miles of my house

As a QPR season ticketholder, that gives me no pleasure...
    ‘Doffs hat’
    Besides being part of one of our most momentous moments, I’ve always had a soft spot for QPR . Even losing there never seemed as bad as some places. One of the most recognizable kits in football too. In the early 2010s , with all that money , there must’ve been huge optimism for the future? If you can find Nedum Onuoha s podcast with Adel Taraabt, it’s well worth a listen .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Question can it predict the lottery winning numbers ? as with all this stuff never mind super computers just dig out the chicken bones or runes.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Question can it predict the lottery winning numbers ? as with all this stuff never mind super computers just dig out the chicken bones or runes.
    Knew you’d bite, Mart

Blog Entries
    Knew you’d bite, Mart
    In truth Tony i think you guys are in with a decent shout as we and the “ other mob” are , City look like a shoe in but all it takes is Harland or KDB getting a serious injury at the season start for the picture to alter same for Salah but re LFC glad to see Mane gone

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Only evidence of that are media stories with no substance, the same stories that are pushing Elliot and Jones as the next big thing to justify why no midfielder has been brought in.

On another note though, quite why are people seem to be making such a big thing of Mane leaving in spite of 1. a replacement has already been bought 2. Liverpool still have Salah, Jota, Diaz, Firmino 4. They made a January purchase of one of the best youth players from Fulham.

Its not so much Ox is a bad player he just has a terrible injury record (Injured again and the season hasnt started yet!) The whole Bellingham story is just to keep the fans happy reality is there will be a push to promote someone from the youth system into the midfield I dont see any major purchase coming in next season especially with Salah signing a new contract.
    Bellingham is Liverpool number 1 target next year. It’s not paper talk it’s fact, we are going all out to land him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Bellingham is Liverpool number 1 target next year. It’s not paper talk it’s fact, we are going all out to land him.

Did Jurgen mention that over dinner?

Paper talk and predictions are amusing asides. However, the reality is . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Did Jurgen mention that over dinner?
    My source is from above our favourite German

Master
    Lol.

https://twitter.com/milocomedy/statu...gQAZejWiWTJkAw

Zinchenko to Arsenal now confirmed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Zinchenko to Arsenal now confirmed
    Would that have happened if City didn’t have Cucurella in the bag?

Keeping on the Man City theme Leroy Sane now supposedly on his way to Arsenal from Bayern

Keeping on the Man City theme Leroy Sane now supposedly on his way to Arsenal from Bayern
    That would be unfortunate.

Really? I think he's a decent player and would add depth to the squad

Really? I think he's a decent player and would add depth to the squad
    Ditto.

Ditto.
    Ah sorry I misunderstood

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Lol.

https://twitter.com/milocomedy/statu...gQAZejWiWTJkAw

Shoulders back, smash it!

That’s my line for the season :-)

Master
    Yes I agree, hope it turns out to be an unfounded rumour and nothing more.

He’s the one player who left City over the past few years that I was really sad to see go. Immense talent with blistering pace but hasn’t really lived up to his potential. Pep reportedly had issues with him over his attitude and application so, unless he’s changed, he’d have the same problem at Arsenal under Arteta. If he ever delivers on his potential then whichever club he’s at will benefit enormously.

Master
    Arsenal turning into Manchester City old boys. And that’s not too bad an idea if Arteta can get them performing.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Arsenal turning into Manchester City old boys. And that’s not too bad an idea if Arteta can get them performing.
    Not a bad thing, Jesus is looking good in pre-season. If he stays fit I think he will be up there for the golden boot

Zinchenko is also a solid left back, as Tierney will spend all season injured again.

Hate to be positive as an Arsenal fan, but we could have a decent season, by decent I just mean a outside chance of a top 4 finish.

Apparently PSG offered City Neymar in exchange for Silva and Pep turned it down.

Pleased with the Jesus and Zinchenko signings, my City mates saying both will 100% get proper applause when they go back to the Etihad and Zinchenko gives 100% every single week.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Not a bad thing, Jesus is looking good in pre-season. If he stays fit I think he will be up there for the golden boot

Zinchenko is also a solid left back, as Tierney will spend all season injured again.

Hate to be positive as an Arsenal fan, but we could have a decent season, by decent I just mean a outside chance of a top 4 finish.
    The one thing Zinchenko is not, is a left back . He’s played there and he will always give 100% but Arteta hasn’t bought him for that role . He will play midfield for Arsenal where you will get the best part of his game .

Master
    Yes and I am sure he will be happier playing in midfield and a happy player is more often than not a better performing player, good addition for Arsenal.

Blog Entries
    “Hate to be positive as an Arsenal fan, but we could have a decent season, by decent I just mean a outside chance of a top 4 finish.”

As a CFC supporter i hope i hope you and your neighbours fight it out for a top four finish whilst my club fight it out with LFC for second place

Apparently PSG offered City Neymar in exchange for Silva and Pep turned it down.

Pleased with the Jesus and Zinchenko signings, my City mates saying both will 100% get proper applause when they go back to the Etihad and Zinchenko gives 100% every single week.
    Yes, two really good signings. It's going to be an interesting battle for 3rd and 4th this season, with Utd also beginning to look like a far better proposition. Chelsea will be stronger, but we only finished three points behind them and in a relative sense I think our respective squads will be closer in terms of both depth and quality. We'll also have had Conte for pre-season, which will make a huge difference.

Master
    So, my predictions for the season ahead:

- Nottingham Forest top the table in August, but fade away by Christmas.

- Jesse Marsch sacked.

- Erik ten Hag claims it will take another 3 transfer windows to turn the team around, after a faltering start to the season.

- Raheem Stirling criticised by Thomas Tuchel - <Er konnte kein Scheunentor mit einem Banjo treffen>

- thegoat [sic] devotes more posts to talking about Liverpool than the team he claims to support.

- Frank Lampard sacked before Christmas.

- Eddie Howe sacked. Benitez, Guardiola, Pochettino, Zidane, Conte and (recently sacked) Mourinho linked with the role.

- Ryanb741 devotes more posts to talking about Liverpool than any of the teams he claims to support at the time.

- Antonio Conte claims it will take another 3 transfer windows to turn the team around, after a faltering start to the season. Demands support from the board or he will leave.

- Erling Haaland spends a night in hospital after being knocked out by Jordan Pickford in a freak Kung Fu kick accident following a corner. Pickford claims Haaland dived.

- Harry Kane falls into the foetal position clutching one of his shins - at least 4 times every match. Fails to get booked for diving. Reveals in interview that he was a Bayern Munich fan as a boy.

- Want away striker Christiano Ronaldo refuses to train with Man Utd at the beginning of the season. Wins golden boot.

- Fan trouble before the PSG v Bayern Munich Champions league match blamed on drunken scousers.

- Major incident declared in Manchester as loud screaming leads paramedics to wrongly believe that Bruno Fernandes has been injured.

- Ryanb741’s reliable source revealed as one of the check-out girls at Kingston Primark.

- Several posts clarifying that Man City/Newcastle/PSG/[your team here] is not actually state owned, and even if it were, lots of other teams/owners/sponsors are also guilty of sport washing/murder/money laundering/human rights abuses, so thats ok and shut up.

- North London cub scouts choose to <Visit Rwanda> for this year's camp. 3 months later 7 of them turn up at a refugee camp outside Calais. 15 children plus Akela still missing.

- Matches involving Liverpool once again voted most entertaining of the season. Liverpool don't win any trophies.

- Jack Grealish signs lucrative Lap Rug advertising contract with The Edinburgh Woollen Mill company.

- Mikel Arteta sacked.

- Phil Foden finally realises that his barber has actually just been taking the piss all these years. Demands his £7.65 back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post

- Jesse Marsch sacked.

- Erik ten Hag claims it will take another 3 transfer windows to turn the team around, after a faltering start to the season.

- Raheem Stirling criticised by Thomas Tuchel - <Er konnte kein Scheunentor mit einem Banjo treffen>

- thegoat [sic] devotes more posts to talking about Liverpool than the team he claims to support.

- Eddie Howe sacked. Benitez, Guardiola, Pochettino, Zidane, Conte and (recently sacked) Mourinho linked with the role.

- Ryanb741 devotes more posts to talking about Liverpool than any of the teams he claims to support at the time.

- Antonio Conte claims it will take another 3 transfer windows to turn the team around, after a faltering start to the season. Demands support from the board or he will leave.

- Erling Haaland spends a night in hospital after being knocked out by Jordan Pickford in a freak Kung Fu kick accident following a corner. Pickford claims Haaland dived.

- Harry Kane falls into the foetal position clutching one of his shins - at least 4 times every match. Fails to get booked for diving. Reveals in interview that he was a Bayern Munich fan as a boy.

- Want away striker Christiano Ronaldo refuses to train with Man Utd at the beginning of the season. Wins golden boot.

- Fan trouble before the PSG v Bayern Munich Champions league match blamed on drunken scousers.

- Major incident declared in Manchester as loud screaming leads paramedics to wrongly believe that Bruno Fernandes has been injured.

- Ryanb741’s reliable source revealed as one of the check-out girls at Kingston Primark.

- Several posts clarifying that Man City/Newcastle/PSG/[your team here] is not actually state owned, and even if it were, lots of other teams/owners/sponsors are also guilty of sport washing/murder/money laundering/human rights abuses, so thats ok and shut up.

- North London cub scouts choose to <Visit Rwanda> for this year's camp. 3 months later 7 of them turn up at a refugee camp outside Calais. 15 children plus Akela still missing.

- Matches involving Liverpool once again voted most entertaining of the season. Liverpool don't win any trophies.

- Jack Grealish signs lucrative Lap Rug advertising contract with The Edinburgh Woollen Mill company.

- Mikel Arteta sacked.

- Phil Foden finally realises that his barber has actually just been taking the piss all these years. Demands his £7.65 back.

Master

- Jesse Marsch sacked.

- Mikel Arteta sacked.

PMSL!

Master

- Jesse Marsch sacked.

- Mikel Arteta sacked.

So funny just needed a dig at Spurs winning the league...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post

Up there with the golden boot ? Jesus you arsenal fans are genuinely crazy.

Most excellent hahahaha

- Jesse Marsch sacked.

- Mikel Arteta sacked.

Very very good although I do have a question - what is this 'Primark' to which you refer?

Zinchenko to Arsenal confirmed .
    Loved this kid at City , I can only wish him well at Le Arse . Him and Arteta will do good things .
    Seems the tables are turned and we are now Arsenals feeder club .

And Liverpool are s++t .
    (Just got you Phil )

Master
    Blog Entries

- Jesse Marsch sacked.

- Mikel Arteta sacked.

Superb. This should be etched in stone.

‘Doffs hat’
    Besides being part of one of our most momentous moments, I’ve always had a soft spot for QPR . Even losing there never seemed as bad as some places. One of the most recognizable kits in football too. In the early 2010s , with all that money , there must’ve been huge optimism for the future? If you can find Nedum Onuoha s podcast with Adel Taraabt, it’s well worth a listen .
    When we won our first PL title in 2012 I was sat in the away end with the QPR fans as it was the only tickets I could get, right next to the chap who always has that bloody vuvuzella! When Aguero scored THAT goal I jumped up and was expecting a punch in the face but the fans couldn’t have been nicer all celebrating with me, a good bunch indeed!

Craftsman
    Was at the Rangers Spurs game today and didnt realise how good Harry Kane is. Only ever seen him play on tv so you don’t get to see what some of the things he is really good at. His running off the ball was superb, dragging defenders all over the place. 1st goal he scored was excellent. Not many opposition players get a standing ovation when going off at Ibrox. Best player I’ve seen in a long time. World class

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Was at the Rangers Spurs game today and didnt realise how good Harry Kane is. Only ever seen him play on tv so you don’t get to see what some of the things he is really good at. His running off the ball was superb, dragging defenders all over the place. 1st goal he scored was excellent. Not many opposition players get a standing ovation when going off at Ibrox. Best player I’ve seen in a long time. World class
    Kane is brilliant.
    I posted on last years Prem discussion that he ran the game at City . He scored and he was unplayable that day . A great player on his day .
    Plus , watching live is infinitely better than on TV .

Kane is brilliant.
    I posted on last years Prem discussion that he ran the game at City . He scored and he was unplayable that day . A great player on his day .
    Plus , watching live is infinitely better than on TV .
    'On his day' I think is key. He does unfortunately have many games when he goes missing which means that whilst he is a top striker he isn't quite at 'elite' level. Personally I think Son is a better player although of course they are completely different.

Master
    Sorry Ryan, I think your bias makes you deny Kane the credit he undoubtedly deserves.

He is very much in the elite without doubt for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Sorry Ryan, I think your bias makes you deny Kane the credit he undoubtedly deserves.

He is very much in the elite without doubt for me.
    By elite I mean world class. So Mbappe, Haaland, Neymar, Salah etc.

Kane isn't on the same level as those players. Don't get me wrong he'd get into the Arsenal team but he'd not get into a World Squad

Kane is class. He is on the same level as lewandowski, Salah and kdb as the best 4 players in the world currently.

His big mistake was signing the contract extension 3 years ago which pretty much signed his best years to spurs who have won nothing.

He will probably join one of the big clubs in his 30s, win a champions League and wonder what he could have won......

Wonder how many games Spence will get now Conte's made it clear he did not sign him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Kane is class. He is on the same level as lewandowski, Salah and kdb as the best 4 players in the world currently.

His big mistake was signing the contract extension 3 years ago which pretty much signed his best years to spurs who have won nothing.

He will probably join one of the big clubs in his 30s, win a champions League and wonder what he could have won......

Wonder how many games Spence will get now Conte's made it clear he did not sign him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Well it looks like Bayern may be in for Kane so it may be he gets his chance sooner than that.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 23rd July 2022 at 20:54.