Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,450 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

89 mins too early

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

This is brilliant by Southampton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Wow! this is a complete implosion if maximum points are not taken by Arsenal. win win for Ryan though.

What a volley that was.

We may win this but if we defend like this against City we will get completely Bukkake'd

Master
    Curtains surely.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Fancy shipping a couple cases of these to the emirates

Thanks in advance Ryan

I’m asking myself who’s bottled it?

Back your team lad

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Back your team lad

He supports both

This game is officially referred to as the Ryan derby
    Last edited by robert75; 21st April 2023 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    He supports both
    Good point

How very Spursy. I guess St Totteringham's day is delayed yet again

Master
    Seriously, where did 8 added minutes come from there?!

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    How very Spursy. I guess St Totteringham's day is delayed yet again
    Nope. Today is officially St Totteringham's Day with that point which means Spurs can't finish above Arsenal.

Thought a draw was fair, Arsenal need to avoid defeat at City still (and probably win) but it shows that teams fighting for their lives will cause a lot of problems.

Master
    Nobody saw the title pretenders dropping points at home to relegation strugglers.

Craftsman
    Quick question,
    Right at the end I thought it was a penalty and the commentator said VAR was checking for a penalty then the ref blew for full time straight after….what happened to the penalty check and shouldn’t the game have carried on until after the check was complete?

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Nobody saw the title pretenders dropping points at home to relegation strugglers.

Bit like City dropping points at home to Everton or away at Forest. It happens. Might be a good point at the end of the season but for sure City are playing at a different level to Arsenal so I think they'll win the league. But Champion's League is secured plus it's St Totteringham's Day, it's not all bad

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Quick question,
    Right at the end I thought it was a penalty and the commentator said VAR was checking for a penalty then the ref blew for full time straight after….what happened to the penalty check and shouldn’t the game have carried on until after the check was complete?
    No the commentator said penalty check complete. It wasn't a pen TBF.

I was more annoyed with Partey thinking he was Vincent Kompany with that long range shank at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Quick question,
    Check was complete no penalty

Not a hope in hell it was going to be given considering the time of the game and potential impact.

Master
    Bit like City dropping points at home to Everton or away at Forest. It happens. Might be a good point at the end of the season but for sure City are playing at a different level to Arsenal so I think they'll win the league. But Champion's League is secured plus it's St Totteringham's Day, it's not all bad
    Agreed it can happen, but shouldn't happen at this end of a season. This is where the experience counts I guess and that gives City the advantage. but still all to play for they have to continue to believe and I am not sure the players actually will after this result.

But a riveting watch all the same.

Well done Arsenal, real guts to keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Well done Arsenal, real guts to keep fighting.

Yep they showed real bottle

Maybe Arsenal didn’t actually bottle it .
    Maybe Southampton were actually pretty good ?

Master
    I turned off at 3-1.
    Only reading this thread I realised it ended a draw!
    Would have been real deflation with a loss but coming back in last few mins at least gives some positivity.
    Maybe that will help next week.

If it doesn’t. Then curtains of course.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Maybe Arsenal didn’t actually bottle it .
    Maybe Southampton were actually pretty good ?
    Agree. Southampton should have had that win. I hope they can scrape themselves out of relegation in the remaining games this season.

Craftsman
    Easy to say Arsenal bottling it, I can see why.

My view is - City have Ake, Laporte, Dias, Stones, and Akanji. Every single one of them is far superior to Rib Holding. If 4 of those get injured, they can potentially play Walker or Rodri there and still have better players at the heart of their defence than Rob Holding.

City have spent years building an excellent squad, trying out many CBs until they've found the right mix. Arsenal are nowhere near that yet. We may never be.

Our situation is that both Saliba and Tomiyasu get injured in the same game. That deprives us of first choice CB and RB cover which would have allowed us to move Ben White back inside. Only two injuries and we are forced to turn to Holding. I really like Holding, he's a lovely guy and has his qualities as a player - but he's also wrecking our whole system. He is far too hesitant on the ball at the back, his passing patterns are completely different to Saliba, he's not as quick, his positional sense is inferior. All these factors are unsettling our back line, reducing our ability to control play, limiting our ability to suck the opposition in to open up spaces in the final third, and ceding far too many opportunities for the opposition to create and finish opportunities.

I recognise it's far more fun to say Arsenal have lost their bottle if you're an opposition fan or want to provoke as a pundit. I just think it's a lazy conclusion and far from the truth. This Arsenal side have been brilliant all season and shown enormous mental strength. We are unbeaten in ten Premier League games. No way are they bottlers.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

^^^

I agree with the above post, it was evidenced by just how deep Partey had to come to get the ball from him to move it on quickly.

Also telling that Saints sat off him and let him bring the ball out

Squad depth was always going to be the difference between us and City but again your right Pep (funding aside) has had time to build and evolve that squad so that the replacements slot right in with only minor tweaks to playing styles.

Wednesday is do or die for Arsenal and holding will need to have a performance like he did against Costa in the FA cup a couple seasons back.

Grand Master
    If Leeds survive, it’ll a miracle this season
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

The whole bottling idea is a bit of a nonsense at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

My view is - City have Ake, Laporte, Dias, Stones, and Akanji. Every single one of them is far superior to Rib Holding. If 4 of those get injured, they can potentially play Walker or Rodri there and still have better players at the heart of their defence than Rob Holding.

City have spent years building an excellent squad, trying out many CBs until they've found the right mix. Arsenal are nowhere near that yet. We may never be.

Our situation is that both Saliba and Tomiyasu get injured in the same game. That deprives us of first choice CB and RB cover which would have allowed us to move Ben White back inside. Only two injuries and we are forced to turn to Holding. I really like Holding, he's a lovely guy and has his qualities as a player - but he's also wrecking our whole system. He is far too hesitant on the ball at the back, his passing patterns are completely different to Saliba, he's not as quick, his positional sense is inferior. All these factors are unsettling our back line, reducing our ability to control play, limiting our ability to suck the opposition in to open up spaces in the final third, and ceding far too many opportunities for the opposition to create and finish opportunities.

I recognise it's far more fun to say Arsenal have lost their bottle if you're an opposition fan or want to provoke as a pundit. I just think it's a lazy conclusion and far from the truth. This Arsenal side have been brilliant all season and shown enormous mental strength. We are unbeaten in ten Premier League games. No way are they bottlers.

I wonder, then, what your view about Spurs would be, with long term injuries to Bentancur, Bissouma, Davies, Sessegnon, Royal... not to mention shorter term injuries robbing us of other options. There's a theme on here that tends to ignore factors that have contributed to what's been a very patchy season, with no acknowledgement of this and other factors that have had a tangible impact on the stability of the club.

I'm an Arsenal fan so no agenda against them but for sure it is clear the pressure has gotten to them. That's understandable as they are the youngest team in the league. Holding aside, errors such as Ramsdale kicking the ball straight to the attacker to score (he's nearly done this on a few occasions this season), poor passing, snatched finishes and a lack of fluidity for big parts of the West Ham and Southampton games are indicative of pressure and a more forced way of playing. As is giving away stupid goals from set pieces on a consistent basis. Arsenal actually looked very porous at the back against Southampton.

City were similar earlier in the season when Arsenal were really powering away and actually in this blip Arsenal haven't lost a game but IMHO pressure is playing a part.

I think they won't have as much pressure against City as now most people have Arsenal as the underdog. City struggled against Bayern at times and arguably Arsenal are a better team than Bayern so I'm sure Arsenal can score. But the current defensive performances would indicate City could score a hatful against them and that's the worry. I'd be tempted to go for the jugular against City with an all-out attacking performance and try to out-score them as keeping it tight will be nigh on impossible with Holding at Centre back

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I wonder, then, what your view about Spurs would be, with long term injuries to Bentancur, Bissouma, Davies, Sessegnon, Royal... not to mention shorter term injuries robbing us of other options. There's a theme on here that tends to ignore factors that have contributed to what's been a very patchy season, with no acknowledgement of this and other factors that have had a tangible impact on the stability of the club.
    That's a factor but also a factor was the manager playing horrendous defensive football when Spurs have a wealth of attacking riches.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'll be honest - I don't really care too much about Spurs, much as you probably don't care about Arsenal. As fans we probably tend to know more about the clubs we support. I'm sure one of the City boys will be along shortly to tell me all about the injuries to key players they've suffered this season...

As for Spurs, of course the injuries you've had act as a mitigation. That said, you're over 20 points behind the league leaders, are you really saying you'd be challenging for the league if you'd had a fully fit squad all season long? As an outsider looking in, my view would be that your midfield lacks depth with Bentancur out you have nobody as good. Bissouma hasnt panned out yet. However the main weakness I spy is over-reliance on Kane, Richarlison I don't think has scored a PL goal? Plus some really strange decisions around the management of the Club (which I sympathise with).

Craftsman
    I'm an Arsenal fan so no agenda against them but for sure it is clear the pressure has gotten to them. That's understandable as they are the youngest team in the league. Holding aside, errors such as Ramsdale kicking the ball straight to the attacker to score (he's nearly done this on a few occasions this season), poor passing, snatched finishes and a lack of fluidity for big parts of the West Ham and Southampton games are indicative of pressure and a more forced way of playing. As is giving away stupid goals from set pieces on a consistent basis. Arsenal actually looked very porous at the back against Southampton.

City were similar earlier in the season when Arsenal were really powering away and actually in this blip Arsenal haven't lost a game but IMHO pressure is playing a part.

I think they won't have as much pressure against City as now most people have Arsenal as the underdog. City struggled against Bayern at times and arguably Arsenal are a better team than Bayern so I'm sure Arsenal can score. But the current defensive performances would indicate City could score a hatful against them and that's the worry. I'd be tempted to go for the jugular against City with an all-out attacking performance and try to out-score them as keeping it tight will be nigh on impossible with Holding at Centre back
    Every right to your opinion, I just fundamentally disagree. You say yourself Ramsdale has almost done that (and actually he has done that) many times this season, just that we are not often punished for it. It's part of the way we play. Go back to 4-0 at Anfield last season to see us passing out from the back - Liverpool shredded us. The difference this season is players like Zinchenko and Saliba are brilliant at that and allow us control. Everything stems from that. Without Saliba we are incapable of playing that way as effectively.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    If Leeds survive, it’ll a miracle this season
    Yep, looking toothless and defensively poor
    The next two games are must wins as they're unlikely to get many points from the last 4.

Ok, down four divisions, but I’m listening to Radio Wales commentary of the Wrexham vs Boreham Wood.

Wrexham promoted out of the National League to the EFL 2 if they win.

Currently 1-1 after 17 mins.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some tasty games in the prem coming up. Didn't think the pool would be in with any chance of European football next season a few weeks ago. No chance of champs league though. 4th to 8th all seem to be playing each other at some point.

That's a factor but also a factor was the manager playing horrendous defensive football when Spurs have a wealth of attacking riches.
    Absolutely.

I'll be honest - I don't really care too much about Spurs, much as you probably don't care about Arsenal. As fans we probably tend to know more about the clubs we support. I'm sure one of the City boys will be along shortly to tell me all about the injuries to key players they've suffered this season...

As for Spurs, of course the injuries you've had act as a mitigation. That said, you're over 20 points behind the league leaders, are you really saying you'd be challenging for the league if you'd had a fully fit squad all season long? As an outsider looking in, my view would be that your midfield lacks depth with Bentancur out you have nobody as good. Bissouma hasnt panned out yet. However the main weakness I spy is over-reliance on Kane, Richarlison I don't think has scored a PL goal? Plus some really strange decisions around the management of the Club (which I sympathise with).

I don’t really take issue with anything you said. I really did think we’d claim a CL place at the start of the season, and even up to the last few games - which we managed to screw up against bottom of the table opposition - that was still undeservedly on the cards.

There’s no question that it’s been an awful season all in all, with Levy and Conte bearing much of the responsibility between them.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Ok, down four divisions, but I’m listening to Radio Wales commentary of the Wrexham vs Boreham Wood.

Wrexham promoted out of the National League to the EFL 2 if they win.

Currently 1-1 after 17 mins.
    I know, not exactly the correct thread. Super Paul Mullin.

3-1

Thats it for Spurs' Champions League hopes I'd say. Loris again at fault

Thats it for Spurs' Champions League hopes I'd say. Loris again at fault
    Um 2 down FFS sorry make that 3 after 9 mins. Toon with their finances in the Champs league, I'd rather have Spurs who won't spend or take every player we are linked with now Chelsea will have to have a fire sale...
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 23rd April 2023 at 14:12.

There’s only one Eddie Howe
    One Eddie Howe
    Walkin along
    Singin a song
    Walkin in an Eddie Wonderland

It looks like it’s raining but it’s Spurs fan’s tears.

Master
    Embarrassing this is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Embarrassing this is.

Correction this is laughable!

I know this is the G&D but wtf!

OMG 5-0!

Get Loris off

Craftsman
    Now 5, this is unbelievable

Master
    Stadium looks like the Etihad and we’re only 20 mins in.