closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 533

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

  1. #1
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,820

    Premier League 2022 - 23

    As the transfer window is now open, deals are beginning to be done and fans are already looking forward to the new season, I thought I'd start the new season's thread for us.

    I predict City will win it with Liverpool second again. What I'd like to see from my club (Newcastle) is a few exciting signings, a top ten finish and a decent showing in the cups. The owners certainly don't lack ambition and I'm sure will do whatever it takes within FFP rules.

    Over to you

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284

    Premier League 2022 - 23

    I agree with your prediction regarding champions. Happy Liverpool have been quick in signing a Mane replacement though the uncertainty around Salah and potential further new players would make it hard for me to see how they would better City.

    A good season for me would be similar to the one we just had, only replacing the Carling Cup with the Champs League trophy perhaps.

    Will be also keenly watching what the neighbours up the road do with their new manager and outgoings and incomings, not banking on them making it as entertaining a season as they gave me last year, but one can live in hope.

    Chelsea without Roman will also be one to keep an eye on, be interesting to see how that plays out and what if any affect that has on them.

    Wish Newcastle all the best, big fan of Howe just hope Poch being available doesn't tempt the club to do the unthinkable.
    Last edited by tango; 15th June 2022 at 04:29.

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,276
    City with a new proper striker will be terrifying, just don't try to tame him into being "attacking midfielder" *Groan*!
    Man City to win the league and at least one of the domestic trophies, plus a good showing in the Champions League (although I genuinely think it's our destiny to be always the bridesmaid.)
    Liverpool... I'm not sure. Who is going to challenge them in the league? The top 4 last year were a mess (City included, towards the end) but Chelsea look pretty formidable, top three finish there I'd say.
    Tottenham might have a good surge as well coming off the back of Son's epic season, although Arsenal have a decent team and if they sign Gabriel Jesus they might start seeing some decent scorelines, play his side by side with Martinelli and I'm scared to play them.

    Premier League;
    Manchester City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

    FA Cup;
    Man City

    League Cup;
    Chelsea


    I fancy Nottingham Forest to do well. One of my best mates follows them so they are my spiritual second team and I was well pleased when they came up to the Prem. Unlike some of the lower league clubs coming up to the top tier they have been very active in the transfer market, putting some big money offers in to strengthen their side. Possibly a bit risky but definitely to be respected!

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,115
    Blog Entries
    1
    Chuffed with out transfer business so far, we some investment though in the midfield i think. I do worry about the Salah saga, I would have liked Sadio to stay too on all honesty.

  5. #5
    Master Halitosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    1,013
    Can't see past City with Haaland as point man, and I think they'll win it at a canter. Same top three in the same order, and I can only pray Spurs overcome Arsenal for a 7th straight season and take 4th. A couple of encouraging signings so far but keeping Conte is the key.
    Expect it will take Newcastle a few seasons to build into CL regulars and title contenders.
    Ten Hag has a rebuild project on his hands and they'll be another year or two in the wilderness

  6. #6
    I've renewed my season ticket (Arsenal) ready for another season of random result generation. They risked it all with fire sale and loan of pretty much everyone other than a starting 11 with a couple prone to injuries but still the taste of no beer football on a mid week at least will mix things up a bit.

    Can't see past (Man) Citeh for the league, Liverpool will go close again if good Chelsea turn up they will be third and VAR will see (Man) United for 4th close between Spurs us (and Toon depending on signings) for 5th given our deals so far (19yo Brazilian winger, and Europa and the blood soaked World Cup in (November 21 - December 18) topped off with horrendous flu/covid/respiratory season we could end up 8th again with the lack of depth. Yes I'm quietly optimistic

    Citeh and Pool have enough squad depth for the domestic cups between them but I think they said it was still not their turn this year in Chumps league. Man United and Arsenal for the Europa final and West Ham to win Europa Sunday lge cup.

  7. #7
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,986
    My prediction for the top six:

    1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Spurs
    4. Chelsea
    5. Man Utd
    6. Arsenal

    Can't believe my lot are active at the front end of the window, which makes a nice change. Some great additions so far with Bassouma due to have a medical tomorrow, but I'd like to see Spence wrapped up nice and quickly too; Eriksen return to his spiritual home; and - I suppose - that diving cheat Richarlison sign on the dotted line (can't stand him but he's a very good footballer).

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    My prediction for the top six:

    1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Spurs
    4. Chelsea
    5. Man Utd
    6. Arsenal

    Can't believe my lot are active at the front end of the window, which makes a nice change. Some great additions so far with Bassouma due to have a medical tomorrow, but I'd like to see Spence wrapped up nice and quickly too; Eriksen return to his spiritual home; and - I suppose - that diving cheat Richarlison sign on the dotted line (can't stand him but he's a very good footballer).
    Be interesting seeing how the world cup impacts mid season. Looks like will have to talk to the family between Christmas and New year :(

    "The Premier League are set to scrap games played between Boxing Day and New Year in a bid to ease player burnout after the 2022 Qatar World Cup, according to The Telegraph. The report adds that fixtures played on December 28 will be moved to counter concerns regarding the Boxing Day return to domestic duties, which comes just eight days after the final."

  9. #9
    Good to see Liverpool buying early to match city,I think itíll be between those 2 again.
    Has 90% of my mates are Man U fans ,Iím happy as f@@@


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  10. #10
    Master Chewitt13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,149
    My prediction

    Man city
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man utd
    Spurs

    If mane stays then maybe they will get 2nd. Whilst Jota, Diaz and possibly Nunez are good they are not mane, salah and firmino. Mane will leave, salah and firmino are both in their last year, it's amazing how many games players miss in their last year of contract, trying to protect their big payday.

    United were awful last year, but without the last 8 game collapse they could of got 4th, so bad were the others. Conte will blow up, it's what he does. Lack of a striker will stop arsenal.




    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Leics/Notts border
    Posts
    1,281
    Hereís hoping Forest survive the first season

  12. #12
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,919
    Fixtures are out
    Tough start for the champions at West Ham . With our notoriously poor early form it wonít be easy .
    Got a free pass that weekend too . Hmmmm , Hadrians Wall or London Stadium ??
    Toon two weeks later . Canít wait to see what the witty journalists dream up as a title for this one .

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Happy with our opening 5 fixtures.

    Also pleased we do not meet the formidable champions too soon into the new season.

  14. #14
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Happy with our opening 5 fixtures.

    Also pleased we do not meet the formidable champions too soon into the new season.
    Playing us at the beginning of the season is usually the best time to catch us . Fraudiola is notorious for being nice to his players and giving them extra time off early in the season. Weíve had some memorable beatings early on in the last few years .

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    england
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    My prediction

    Man city
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man utd
    Spurs

    If mane stays then maybe they will get 2nd. Whilst Jota, Diaz and possibly Nunez are good they are not mane, salah and firmino. Mane will leave, salah and firmino are both in their last year, it's amazing how many games players miss in their last year of contract, trying to protect their big payday.

    United were awful last year, but without the last 8 game collapse they could of got 4th, so bad were the others. Conte will blow up, it's what he does. Lack of a striker will stop arsenal.




    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    You honestly believe Chelsea will turn around a 22 point gap from Liverpool this season ????

    Theyve lost their best CB and also Christensen and still have lukaku as their striker.

    If anything I can see them finishing 4th or 5th.

    As for Firmino. He was only a bit part player last year, Jota and especially Diaz are a level above him now.

    For me itís City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs in that order.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    1st October, Haaland vs. Maguire. Eeeek! One to watch from behind the sofa.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,959
    Blog Entries
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    1st October, Haaland vs. Maguire. Eeeek!
    Only if we draw Hull in the Cup

    z

  18. #18
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    11,814
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    You honestly believe Chelsea will turn around a 22 point gap from Liverpool this season ????

    Theyve lost their best CB and also Christensen and still have lukaku as their striker.

    If anything I can see them finishing 4th or 5th.

    As for Firmino. He was only a bit part player last year, Jota and especially Diaz are a level above him now.

    For me itís City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs in that order.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CFC supporter here and IMO a top six would be good Gallagher and Broja back and whoever sanctioned buying that overpriced Belgian donkey wants sacking
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    CFC supporter here and IMO a top six would be good Gallagher and Broja back and whoever sanctioned buying that overpriced Belgian donkey wants sacking
    I think Chelsea will be fine. Tuchel knows what he's doing.

    Mane has gone as expected.

    Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Mane will be greatly missed, my favourite player in our squad. Wish him all the best, model professional.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    991
    You can't look past citeh really, but I pin my hopes on them blowing up in the champions League quarters or semi as they do, and pep getting sacked.

    Liverpool need a rebuild, Klipperty could do it.... Let's see what happens in the window.

    Manure, club is broken but fans still think they are entitled, so do the players. Can't see them doing anything without a major overhaul.

    Chelski need a new name now obvs. Beohly has spent a fortune to buy them, they will spend money on players.... How about psg clear out the whiny big names and Beohly says, ' hey, Thomas, I got you assume great players!....' 🤣🤣. In all seriousness though, I can see them looking strong.

    Woolwich I hope continue to struggle too attract the quality players they need to step up. No CL football hurts most teams

    The mightySpurs! We have a season to see if levy backs Conte all the way, summer and January. January could be huge given world cup and injuries I can see many clubs having obvious gaps by Jan. Paratici needs to work magic. Can't see the point in Richardson though. Weaker than Kane, son, kulesevski, Lucas.. but I trust Antonio. As said, we are busy early which is amazing! Let's see. I'd like to think top 4, but can we win something, that is a big ask

    Forest, glad see them back in the top flight!

    Barcodes. Eddie is astute and they've money to spend.... They could be one to watch.

  22. #22
    Master mjrennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manc exiled in Coventry
    Posts
    1,196
    Pep getting sacked. 🤪🤣🤔

    You'll get exceptional odds on that bet.

  23. #23
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,882
    Arsenal just wrapped up the Jesus signing and apparently in for Tielemans and Raphinha. Lets see.

  24. #24
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,986
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal just wrapped up the Jesus signing and apparently in for Tielemans and Raphinha. Lets see.
    I don't see confirmation of Jesus anywhere, Ryan. What's your source?

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal just wrapped up the Jesus signing and apparently in for Tielemans and Raphinha. Lets see.
    I canít see Raphinha ending up at Arsenal given alleged interest from far bigger clubs. Tielemans may well end up there if nobody else shows an interest, Liverpool weíre linked with him a couple of seasons ago when Wijnaldum left us but I donít think heís in the clubs plans any longer.

  26. #26
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I canít see Raphinha ending up at Arsenal given alleged interest from far bigger clubs. Tielemans may well end up there if nobody else shows an interest, Liverpool weíre linked with him a couple of seasons ago when Wijnaldum left us but I donít think heís in the clubs plans any longer.
    Difference is Raphina would be a starter at Arsenal, re the supposed 'bigger' clubs (of which there are only 7 bigger globally in terms of wealth- and only 4 of these in the Prem : Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool) he probably wouldn't start. Apart from Man City Arsenal can match the wage structure of the others.

  27. #27
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Difference is Raphina would be a starter at Arsenal, re the supposed 'bigger' clubs (of which there are only 7 bigger globally in terms of wealth- and only 4 of these in the Prem : Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool) he probably wouldn't start. Apart from Man City Arsenal can match the wage structure of the others.
    Agree valid point, however I donít know many modern players who would pick a club not in the Champions League over the glamour of Barcelona for example, even if it may mean they have more bench time. It surprises me that Jesus would take that step down too, but for Jesus him being a bit part player at City may have made him change his outlook. That and the fact there doesnít seem to any genuine interest in him from elsewhere, I donít think we can apply the same to Raphina, though if Arsenal do pull that off it will be some coup.

  28. #28
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Agree valid point, however I donít know many modern players who would pick a club not in the Champions League over the glamour of Barcelona for example, even if it may mean they have more bench time. It surprises me that Jesus would take that step down too, but for Jesus him being a bit part player at City may have made him change his outlook. That and the fact there doesnít seem to any genuine interest in him from elsewhere, I donít think we can apply the same to Raphina, though if Arsenal do pull that off it will be some coup.
    Sure but then of the Prem teams in the CL next season only City or Liverpool have a realistic chance to win it. Liverpool won't pay huge wages so City is the only option and they won't be in for him.

    CL is all good and well but very often the focus of the LATAM players is to secure their family for life and Arsenal could easily pay him £250k per week on a 4 year deal and that'd be the future sorted. Spurs won't pay that and im not sure Chelsea would either. Man Utd would pay that however but going from Leeds to Utd isn't for the faint hearted. Let's see.

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    On a separate note, good to see the leak culture is going strong......

    https://twitter.com/MufcWonItAll/sta...fmrWhMYvf4bCxw

  30. #30
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Agree valid point, however I donít know many modern players who would pick a club not in the Champions League over the glamour of Barcelona for example, even if it may mean they have more bench time. It surprises me that Jesus would take that step down too, but for Jesus him being a bit part player at City may have made him change his outlook. That and the fact there doesnít seem to any genuine interest in him from elsewhere, I donít think we can apply the same to Raphina, though if Arsenal do pull that off it will be some coup.
    He was never a bit part player at City .
    His appearances will stand up to anyone else . He was a squad player, thatís what City do .
    Pep wants him to stay but he wonít stand in anybodys way if they want to try elsewhere .

  31. #31
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    He was never a bit part player at City .
    His appearances will stand up to anyone else . He was a squad player, thatís what City do .
    Pep wants him to stay but he wonít stand in anybodys way if they want to try elsewhere .
    No I get that's par for the course in a squad as big as that, however it's easy for a player in such a squad to start feeling they are bit part was my point.

  32. #32
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    No I get that's par for the course in a squad as big as that, however it's easy for a player in such a squad to start feeling they are bit part was my point.
    I donít want to keep pulling you up as you obviously love your footy but City actually have one of the smallest squads in the PL . Itís filled with great players so you might be lulled into thinking the squad is bigger than it is

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I donít want to keep pulling you up as you obviously love your footy but City actually have one of the smallest squads in the PL . Itís filled with great players so you might be lulled into thinking the squad is bigger than it is
    I will not argue with you on this point as you clearly sound like you have looked into this. Very few if anybody have a squad as strong as Manchester City's and maybe thats why it's perceived as if they have a bigger squad than they actually do.

    I will take you at your word when you state that it is one of the smallest squads in the PL. It is still, I believe, a squad where personnel is changed more than any other which maybe is also why many like myself would believe it's a large squad, albeit incorrectly.

  34. #34
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I will not argue with you on this point as you clearly sound like you have looked into this. Very few if anybody have a squad as strong as Manchester City's and maybe thats why it's perceived as if they have a bigger squad than they actually do.

    I will take you at your word when you state that it is one of the smallest squads in the PL. It is still, I believe, a squad where personnel is changed more than any other which maybe is also why many like myself would believe it's a large squad, albeit incorrectly.
    Are you sure youíre actually a Liverpool fan ?
    You seem so much more balanced than the usual cult members .
    Ivan , Middo , sprite et al . This was a mild pre season dig , sorry . I look forward to renewing hostilities when we smash you all over the KingPower Stadium .

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Are you sure you’re actually a Liverpool fan ?
    You seem so much more balanced than the usual cult members .
    Ivan , Middo , sprite et al . This was a mild pre season dig , sorry . I look forward to renewing hostilities when we smash you all over the KingPower Stadium .
    Now now, I am very, much a Liverpool fan however I do not believe my love of the club should push others to the point of taking things personally.

    I have always had a soft spot for City so am a little more forgiving, though our rivalry in recent years is testing that to the limits. I am sure you may well be the reason fro me to change my stance some time in the future.

    Look forward to our meeting as always. Never mind playing you guys as at least we know you come to play and thats suits us just fine.

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    4,116
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I will not argue with you on this point as you clearly sound like you have looked into this. Very few if anybody have a squad as strong as Manchester City's and maybe thats why it's perceived as if they have a bigger squad than they actually do.

    I will take you at your word when you state that it is one of the smallest squads in the PL. It is still, I believe, a squad where personnel is changed more than any other which maybe is also why many like myself would believe it's a large squad, albeit incorrectly.

    FWIW PL site details:

    https://www.premierleague.com/news/2247219

  37. #37
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Now now, I am very, much a Liverpool fan however I do not believe my love of the club should push others to the point of taking things personally.

    I have always had a soft spot for City so am a little more forgiving, though our rivalry in recent years is testing that to the limits. I am sure you may well be the reason fro me to change my stance some time in the future.

    Look forward to our meeting as always. Never mind playing you guys as at least we know you come to play and thats suits us just fine.
    Ha ha , no worries

    As an aside , did you know City and Liverpool , then City and United have had more title tussles than Liverpool v Utd yet the rivalry is proclaimed as the biggest around . The media frenzy at its finest .

  38. #38
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    There is no way I am counting the number of players in the overall squads, but thanks all the same.

    It would have been so much easier if they had done the counting for us.

  39. #39
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Leeds England
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Difference is Raphina would be a starter at Arsenal, re the supposed 'bigger' clubs (of which there are only 7 bigger globally in terms of wealth- and only 4 of these in the Prem : Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool) he probably wouldn't start. Apart from Man City Arsenal can match the wage structure of the others.
    Raphinha wants a move to Barcelona.
    If the deal doesn't go through then hopefully he will stay.

  40. #40
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Ha ha , no worries

    As an aside , did you know City and Liverpool , then City and United have had more title tussles than Liverpool v Utd yet the rivalry is proclaimed as the biggest around . The media frenzy at its finest .
    I have be honest and say historically I have always considered Man United our biggest rivals, that said I am confident there will be no rivalry for at least another decade and there is only one Manchester team who deserves the title of our genuine rivals.

  41. #41
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I don't see confirmation of Jesus anywhere, Ryan. What's your source?
    Well if the rumours are to be believed he may be heading to Spurs instead.

  42. #42
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,986
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Well if the rumours are to be believed he may be heading to Spurs instead.
    That would by hysterical, and actually a decent addition for us.

  43. #43
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Well if the rumours are to be believed he may be heading to Spurs instead.
    Sure, so he's going to get in the side ahead of Kane and Son then?

    I've decent sources saying it's a done deal to Arsenal, delay was that his first child was born overnight (big congrats to him)

  44. #44
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    33,986
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Sure, so he's going to get in the side ahead of Kane and Son then?

    I've decent sources saying it's a done deal to Arsenal, delay was that his first child was born overnight (big congrats to him)
    Well, no. Kane, Son and Jesus would be our front three, Ryan (although I think weíre more likely to end up with Richarlison, tbh).

  45. #45
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Sure, so he's going to get in the side ahead of Kane and Son then?

    I've decent sources saying it's a done deal to Arsenal, delay was that his first child was born overnight (big congrats to him)
    Is an announcement imminent?

  46. #46
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Is an announcement imminent?
    Hopefully. Looks like Arsenal also signing Lisandro Martinez from Ajax

  47. #47
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Hopefully. Looks like Arsenal also signing Lisandro Martinez from Ajax
    Is he the one Man U have also been linked with? If so hurry and get him signed please.

  48. #48
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, no. Kane, Son and Jesus would be our front three, Ryan (although I think weíre more likely to end up with Richarlison, tbh).
    Would Conte play 3 up front though? I mean probably yes at home vs Bournemouth or Fulham but I can't see him doing that away at Anfield. So I'm not sure why Jesus would leave a bit part role at Man City for the same at Spurs.

    Had to laugh a couple of days ago at Gunners fans on Radio 5 live phone in saying Jesus isn't the right striker for Arsenal and wouldn't be an upgrade on what Arsenal currently have! Seriously?!!?

  49. #49
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Would Conte play 3 up front though? I mean probably yes at home vs Bournemouth or Fulham but I can't see him doing that away at Anfield. So I'm not sure why Jesus would leave a bit part role at Man City for the same at Spurs.

    Had to laugh a couple of days ago at Gunners fans on Radio 5 live phone in saying Jesus isn't the right striker for Arsenal and wouldn't be an upgrade on what Arsenal currently have! Seriously?!!?
    I have friends who are Gunners fans, who said exactly the same a few months back when you were linked with both Sterling and Jesus. Said they were both too lightweight and not an improvement.

    I had to point out Sterling is incredibly strong despite his stature and that they need to get over their delusion regarding them both not improving your squad.

  50. #50
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I have friends who are Gunners fans, who said exactly the same a few months back when you were linked with both Sterling and Jesus. Said they were both too lightweight and not an improvement.

    I had to point out Sterling is incredibly strong despite his stature and that they need to get over their delusion regarding them both not improving your squad.
    Exactly. If Jesus has been deemed good enough to be in and around the Man City side for the past 4 years I'm fairly confident he'd improve a squad that has Eddie Nketieh as its current only first team striker!

    Sterling is an excellent player but not a position Arsenal need given Saka/Martinelli/Odegaard/Smith Rowe etc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information