closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I’ll settle this……Arsenal and spurs are both as crap as each other and won’t win a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, how we all love Liverpool supporters.

Based on the rule of Ryan, Liverpool beat city 3-1, Man utd beat liverpool 4-0. Give us the cup now

There was me thinking we are in for a rough season
    Or alternatively preseason means jack all

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Ryan
    For clarity who are your teams this year?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Ryan
    For clarity who are your teams this year?

Arsenal and anyone playing Liverpool.

Looking forward to the season starting, Arsenal I feel will get top 4 this season, Jesus is looking sharp and scoring goals, Saliba is solid, Saka, Odegaard and Martenlli are all look in form, overall starting to look like a decent team. Palace normally beat us so Friday night could be interesting, but we keep playing attacking football like in the pre-season we should do well.

Liverpool and City will be far ahead.

3rd and 4th will be very tight between Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and potentially Man U. Could come down to injuries and who can recover the best from European matches and a congested season with the world cup stuck in November / December time.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Looking forward to the season starting, Arsenal I feel will get top 4 this season, Jesus is looking sharp and scoring goals, Saliba is solid, Saka, Odegaard and Martenlli are all look in form, overall starting to look like a decent team. Palace normally beat us so Friday night could be interesting, but we keep playing attacking football like in the pre-season we should do well.

3rd and 4th will be very tight between Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and potentially Man U. Could come down to injuries and who can recover the best from European matches and a congested season with the world cup stuck in November / December time.
    Good summary, and a big test for Arteta this season too. He's playing with the big boys now in terms of experience and track record, and needs to prove himself in an incredibly competitive environment this season (and without his previous advantage of being able to focus on the league without European demands/distractions).
    Last edited by learningtofly; 1st August 2022 at 10:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post

Couldn't agree more...this is how i feel it will turn out.

Love Farley!

"There's 16 other great premier league teams, and there's Man United and Everton as well".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Love Farley!

"There's 16 other great premier league teams, and there's Man United and Everton as well".
    Love his Kane stuff “ yeah obviously”
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2022 - 23

Farley is ace, very funny lad. I miss his Steve Bruce.

Blog Entries
    I see man U’s favourite Son is starting to act up over his not happening move to a CL club

Arsenal have had a great transfer window and looks like Tielemans is also coming. They have had a great pre-season with Jesus scoring for fun. optimism and expectation is high and we are playing some great stuff.

Therefore I fully expect us to be 2-0 down and a man sent off after 20 mins vs Palace on Friday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal have had a great transfer window and looks like Tielemans is also coming. They have had a great pre-season with Jesus scoring for fun. optimism and expectation is high and we are playing some great stuff.

Therefore I fully expect us to be 2-0 down and a man sent off after 20 mins vs Palace on Friday.
    Ha ha probably.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I see man U’s favourite Son is starting to act up over his not happening move to a CL club

As children - we were taught to ask "Please may I leave the table?".

Smack his legs !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    As children - we were taught to ask "Please may I leave the table?".

Smack his legs !!!
    I would imagine that Georgina takes care of that what he needs is a hearty boot up the rear.

Master
    Could Silva to Barca really happen? I for one hope it does he’s a massive player for City.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Could Silva to Barca really happen? I for one hope it does he’s a massive player for City.

Being a Blue I would miss him a lot. Total professional. Great player. Exciting to watch. Keeps quiet and gets on with it.

Unfortunately (and I have it from a very close source) he hates it in Manchester and his new wife is insisting on a move. In my mind he’s worth Ł150m so no idea why figures of Ł58m being quoted

Master
    Cant wait for season to KO again tonight - another 10 months of saturdays waiting for my 1250/1 accumulators to come in

As a united fan all Im hoping for is a bit of passion and identity once again and players who give there all top 6 will do me

my predictions
    city, liverpool, chelsea, spurs

forest, fulham, bournemouth to go down

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

As a united fan all Im hoping for is a bit of passion and identity once again and players who give there all top 6 will do me
    I've absolutely no idea how United will line up. Does anybody know United's first choice? No doubt Harry Maguire will be first on the sheet.
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 5th August 2022 at 10:04.

Strange situation with the North London 29 year old player allegedly involved in 3 rape cases. It seems on a technicality (specifically the offences taking place in Ibiza 13 days before legislation came in allowing overseas offences to be investigated in the UK) that the alleged offence is no longer going to be investigated here.

It is alleged that this player could be an Arsenal player and that player has been playing in pre-season matches. Obviously innocent until proven guilty but I am uncomfortable about the fact this 'innocence' is seemingly based upon a technicality. First and foremost I hope the victims are being supported and recover from this but secondly I hope the offence is allowed to be investigated further here so that the truth comes out. It isn't yet clear whether it is indeed the Arsenal player who is at the centre of this so it is all very murky but it appears he will be starting tonight vs Palace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post

I've absolutely no idea how United will line up. Does anybody know United's first choice? No doubt Harry Maguire will be first on the sheet.
    I hope so ... He's bobbins ... as we used to say in Salford ( when we were being polite )

z

Master
    [QUOTE=BillyCasper;6040998]
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

/QUOTE]

I fully expect him to start hes the skipper after all - Martinez alongside him - but in all honesty going to be a while until you see any settled team imo which is understandable given changes and new man coming in hence top 6 for me

Blog Entries
    Arsenal top of the league

Master
    Jesus and Zinchenko looking very sharp too.

Arsenal look good but Palace should be level. Ramsdale needs to stop his Amazon whingeing if he's going to nearly gift the opponent a goal out of stupidity.

Xhaka booked so some continuity from last season!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 5th August 2022 at 21:01.

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

Yes bizarre play from him and very much gave Palace the encouragement to get back into a game they were well outplayed in, up until that point.

Blog Entries
    Ramsdale another great save

Craftsman
    That's what you get with Ramsdale, he will sometimes do random things like that - but take the rough with the smooth. He's excellent.

Great performance from Arsenal, exactly what I want to see - quality, grit, power, intelligence, passion. Delighted.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Arsenal looked good tonight, they passed the arse off Palace first half. I think they'll be serious this season. Jesus and Zynchenko are two fantastic signings.

Don't want to get arrived away but with Arsenal 3 points clear at the top of the table with a better goal difference than the team in 2nd surely the title is theirs to lose now

Don't want to get arrived away but with Arsenal 3 points clear at the top of the table with a better goal difference than the team in 2nd surely the title is theirs to lose now

Best goal difference in the Premiership, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Arsenal looked good tonight, they passed the arse off Palace first half. I think they'll be serious this season. Jesus and Zynchenko are two fantastic signings.
    Have to admit, found it very weird seeing them in an Arsenal shirt last night. Hope Pep has done the right thing. Whilst we’ve obviously got Haaland and Alvarez can’t help think our squad is weaker for losing Sterling, Jesus and Zinny.

Sneak preview of episode 4, All or Nothing Arsenal special

https://twitter.com/prysds/status/15..._bhgMgTQw&s=19

Mitrovic has been fantastic.

Master
    All of Fulham have Liverpool have been outplayed all over the pitch not seen that in a long while.

2-2 fair result IMHO

Master
    I will take a point, wouldn’t feel hard done if Fulham had taken all three points on that performance.

And City were allegedly the slow starters, that didn’t look like the Liverpool we have come to know.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I will take a point, wouldn’t feel hard done if Fulham had taken all three points on that performance.

And City were allegedly the slow starters, that didn’t look like the Liverpool we have come to know.

That's because they have lost arguably their best player. Certainly last season.

The midfield has always been an engine room for Liverpool. Those 3 looked leggy.

If that's what Liverpool have to offer then this is going to be a short title race

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

Spurs down already!

Nice finish from Ward-Prowse

Last edited by tango; 6th August 2022 at 15:19.

Liverpool did start to fire up toward the end of the match, but far too late. Nunez went for that cheeky flick twice, the second time, with luck, it paid off. I hope he shows a more solid technique in the next few matches.

I will be interested to see how Fulham measure up against Wolves, which will reflect strongly on Liverpool's performance today.

There's a bit of Peter Crouch about Nunez. A bit awkward, suspect technique but a handful for defenders.

There's a bit of Peter Crouch about Nunez. A bit awkward, suspect technique but a handful for defenders.
    He doesn't have the height of Crouch (Still 6ft+ though), but he does have more strength and a lot more speed. I still haven't made my mind up about him...
    Last edited by Kitsan; 6th August 2022 at 16:14.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    That's because they have lost arguably their best player. Certainly last season.

The midfield has always been an engine room for Liverpool. Those 3 looked leggy.

If that's what Liverpool have to offer then this is going to be a short title race
    Agree with that, though I thought Diaz looked ok, the other two were poor today, despite Salah getting a goal.

The mighty Everton commence their challenge to compete in the Championship next season at home to Chelsea later. It won’t be anything like the game at the end of last season, I can see a 3-0 or 4-0 thumping this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The mighty Everton commence their challenge to compete in the Championship next season at home to Chelsea later. It won’t be anything like the game at the end of last season, I can see a 3-0 or 4-0 thumping this time round.
    That's luxury!

We've got Man City tomorrow for our opener.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    That's luxury!

We've got Man City tomorrow for our opener.
    15-2 Neil
    Worth a tenner of anybodys money

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    15-2 Neil
    Worth a tenner of anybodys money
    City do tend to start slow and West Ham is a tough place to go. Not sure Hammers will win but worth laying the City win off on Betfair as it could be a draw.

1st game of season often a lottery- look at Bournemouth/Fulham etc

Everton vs Chelsea is a great cure for insomnia

Master
    Dire.

People with medical conditions shouldn’t be allowed into Goodson Park. It is enough to finish off the strongest and fittest of people.