closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Kane is class. He is on the same level as lewandowski, Salah and kdb as the best 4 players in the world currently.

His big mistake was signing the contract extension 3 years ago which pretty much signed his best years to spurs who have won nothing.

He will probably join one of the big clubs in his 30s, win a champions League and wonder what he could have won......

Wonder how many games Spence will get now Conte's made it clear he did not sign him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Top 4 in the world ????

Come on don’t be daft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well it looks like Bayern may be in for Kane so it may be he gets his chance sooner than that.
    Kane will not leave the premiership, he will play on and beat Shearer's record. Hopefully whilst still at Spurs

As for Kane not world class, LMFAO. Look at his stats for Spurs and england. Had a poor start to last season, as we know didn't get his move but was outstanding 2nd half of the season.

Haaland, world class based on what? Let's see how he gets on in the premiership.Neymar for me isn't up there with Kane, Salah either I'd take Kane over all of them.

All about opinions.

'On his day' I think is key. He does unfortunately have many games when he goes missing which means that whilst he is a top striker he isn't quite at 'elite' level. Personally I think Son is a better player although of course they are completely different.
    Without question the most stupid comment I’ve heard in a long time.

Bayern won't pay the money, and with 2-3 years left on his contract levy will want top money.

Conte will jack if kane leaves

Bayern will probably buy Werner, if they don't they will take Ronaldo on transfer deadline day

As a united fan I hate the fact that 3 of the top 4 players in the world play for the opposition, but it's true

Haaland still has to prove it ( Im 50/50 that he will), neymar and mbappe haven't won a big game yet where they have dragged their team over the line. I would put son and mane in this slightly lower group

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Kane will not leave the premiership, he will play on and beat Shearer's record. Hopefully whilst still at Spurs

As for Kane not world class, LMFAO. Look at his stats for Spurs and england. Had a poor start to last season, as we know didn't get his move but was outstanding 2nd half of the season.

Haaland, world class based on what? Let's see how he gets on in the premiership.Neymar for me isn't up there with Kane, Salah either I'd take Kane over all of them.

All about opinions.
    Salah has average 23.6 prem goals a season for the past 5 seasons and won the golden boot 3 out of those 5 and he’s a winger !!!

He has more assists and played 100 league games less than Kane.

Salah beats him in every single metric.

It’s not opinion Salah is far superior than Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Salah has average 23.6 prem goals a season for the past 5 seasons and won the golden boot 3 out of those 5 and he’s a winger !!!

He has more assists and played 100 league games less than Kane.

Salah beats him in every single metric.

It’s not opinion Salah is far superior than Kane.

Different dynamics .
    Kane in Liverpools team scores 25 + . Salah in Spurs team last season would probably be their best defender.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Different dynamics .
    Kane in Liverpools team scores 25 + . Salah in Spurs team last season would probably be their best defender.
    This

Cant believe I'm in total agreement with a city fan!!!

Master
    This

I sympathise with you on that point, but he is right which we can't say many times about City fans. ;-)

I despise Kane and his diving antics but I would not take away from his qualities as an elite player.

This

It’s a war of attrition.
    You all have your opinions and then agree that I was right all along .
    Kane would walk into any team in the world and there are probably only three or four players these days you can say that about . Salah is one but that’s just to keep my Liverpool count up .

Craftsman
    By elite I mean world class. So Mbappe, Haaland, Neymar, Salah etc.

Kane isn't on the same level as those players. Don't get me wrong he'd get into the Arsenal team but he'd not get into a World Squad
    Kane is genuinely one of the very best players on the planet. It pains me to say it as an Arsenal fan, but he is just phenomenal. As an outright number 9 but also dropping deeper as a playmaker, he has all the qualities of an elite forward in the modern game.

As a united fan I hate the fact that 3 of the top 4 players in the world play for the opposition, but it's true

Haaland still has to prove it ( Im 50/50 that he will), neymar and mbappe haven't won a big game yet where they have dragged their team over the line. I would put son and mane in this slightly lower group

Mbappe is a World Champion, scoring 4 goals at a World Cup as a teenager - including one in the final. Does that not count as winning a "big game"?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Feel dirty praising Kane, should add that I think he is reprehensible in his use of foul and dangerous play - his backing into opposition players is wreckless. How he has escaped any kind of punishment or reputational damage for such repeated unwarranted aggression on the field of play, I'll never know.

Master
    I Know it's only pre season but Arsenal looked decent against a poor Chelsea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I Know it's only pre season but Arsenal looked decent against a poor Chelsea.
    My gut tells me that the gunners are heading for a very decent season possibly 2nd place? as to my lot CFC a really poor pre season and IMO we will struggle for a top four place.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Woah woah woah slow down. That’s very much not something my mind can accept l am afraid, it will mean Liverpool will suddenly not be the team they were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    My gut tells me that the gunners are heading for a very decent season possibly 2nd place? as to my lot CFC a really poor pre season and IMO we will struggle for a top four place.
    The thread that keeps on giving

Craftsman
    I stayed up to watch the game last night. Arsenal were clearly further along in their physical preparations for the new season and played arguably our strongest XI. Chelsea also played a very strong XI but their defence was very much scraping the barrel I think.

Arsenal played with lots of intensity from the off, clearly they really wanted to make a point despite this being a 'friendly'. Gabriel Jesus looks absolutely red-hot in preseason and was visibly the best player on the pitch. Saka had a pretty quiet game for the most part but still contributed, Odegaard was great as always, Salina looked very assured but didn't have much to deal with. As Arteta said afterwards, this is a "test" match and we shouldn't get carried away.

I think we will have a strong season, competing for top 4. Don't expect Spurs to find the CL a big distraction as they won't be in it long. So Chelsea, United, Arsenal, and Spurs competing for 2 spots. City and Liverpool are untouchable and gap will widen I suspect with their respective signings this summer/last Jan in case of Liverpool.

For Arsenal I'd target a top 4 finish, going deep into the Europa, and a real go at winning one of the domestic cups as a very good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Was at the Rangers Spurs game today and didnt realise how good Harry Kane is. Only ever seen him play on tv so you don’t get to see what some of the things he is really good at. His running off the ball was superb, dragging defenders all over the place. 1st goal he scored was excellent. Not many opposition players get a standing ovation when going off at Ibrox. Best player I’ve seen in a long time. World class
    I was there too yesterday and was actually becoming frustrated with Kane in the first half - he gave the ball away three times in succession and (in my ignorant opinion) comes way too deep in search of the ball. the Rangers fans I was sat with were in the middle of slagging him off when he pulled out two moments of brilliance to turn the game around. He's one of our own.

Yep Kane absolutely guarantees trophies.

Oh hang on a minute.....

Yep Kane absolutely guarantees trophies.

Oh hang on a minute.....
    You do talk nonsense, Ryan.

City toyed with the German Man Utd yesterday at Green Bay without three of our first team starters .
    The season is almost upon us .
    Not too shabby IMHO .
    Although , get s few quid on West Ham first game . City are notoriously slow starters .

I sympathise with you on that point, but he is right which we can't say many times about City fans. ;-)

I despise Kane and his diving antics but I would not take away from his qualities as an elite player.
    That is one serious pot and kettle comment. Salah is every bit as bad where diving is concerned.
    Put Kane in a title challenging team in any of the top European leagues and he will shine even more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    That is one serious pot and kettle comment. Salah is every bit as bad where diving is concerned.
    Put Kane in a title challenging team in any of the top European leagues and he will shine even more.
    I agree with the second part of you comment wholeheartedly.

The first part I strongly disagree with. Whilst I concede Salah goes down too easily for me, he is nowhere near being in the same league as Kane.

Kane stands alone as a clear winner in that department with any competition a long, long way behind, that said I personally despise the action irrespective of who does it. What grates me more is that the England captain get's away with it more than most others.

After nearly 3 years, West Ham finally sign a new striker!

Cannot wait to see what the big Italian can do in the Prem. Now if we can only land Kostic then this could be a hell of a window... held onto Rice (touch wood), made Areola permanent and filled two of the biggest gaps in the squad. Obviously having the new CB out for 3 months after playing for 20 mins is vintage West Ham but you can't have everything.

I agree with the second part of you comment wholeheartedly.

The first part I strongly disagree with. Whilst I concede Salah goes down too easily for me, he is nowhere near being in the same league as Kane.

Kane stands alone as a clear winner in that department with any competition a long, long way behind, that said I personally despise the action irrespective of who does it. What grates me more is that the England captain get's away with it more than most others.
    You might disagree, but other than Liverpool fans you'll not find many others that do. Anyway, I'm sure Richarlison will take the spotlight off our Harry now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    When we won our first PL title in 2012 I was sat in the away end with the QPR fans as it was the only tickets I could get, right next to the chap who always has that bloody vuvuzella! When Aguero scored THAT goal I jumped up and was expecting a punch in the face but the fans couldn’t have been nicer all celebrating with me, a good bunch indeed!
    Ah, we do try to be congenial with people we don't see very often... (that is a comment on our 'occasional' PL tenure, not your attendance record!)

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    After nearly 3 years, West Ham finally sign a new striker!

Cannot wait to see what the big Italian can do in the Prem. Now if we can only land Kostic then this could be a hell of a window... held onto Rice (touch wood), made Areola permanent and filled two of the biggest gaps in the squad. Obviously having the new CB out for 3 months after playing for 20 mins is vintage West Ham but you can't have everything.
    Looking forward to seeing what Gianluca Scamacca can do in the prem.

Kostic certainly would be a good addition.

£30 million IIRC for Aguerd and he gets crippled in a friendly! Although to be fair Dawson has been superb and Oggy will be back!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Excellent
    Just had my two tickets confirmed for the Charity Shield . Wouldn’t normally bother but I’m excited for the start of the season this time .
    Just need to confirm what time Wolfie’s bar opens .
    Hope you enjoyed your day.

Atmosphere appeared lively, Haaland and Nunez will both need time, though ours at least scored, Diaz was exceptional.

Alvarez made a difference when he came on for you with Foden.

Charity Shield is of no value admittedly but beating City is always satisfying.

I too am excited for start of the season.

In this case.....it's first blood

Fascinating game. Liverpool looked fitter, I'd not worry about Haaland, he was making good runs and with minutes the players will find him. Grealish was frustrating, beat a man, then lose that advantage by cutting back and passing backwards.

Nunez was class - pace but also brave. Good match and those will be the top 2 this season- the others are still far behind IMHO

Master
    Agree regarding top two though I fear it most likely will be same way around as last season.

Nunez I think will take time and Haaland I expect to fit in quicker, though both teams will need to adapt to a different type of man up top.

It was a game played at a far superior level than I expected if I am honest.

Entertaining game with a few niggly little tackles from both sides. Certainly no friendly between these two two teams. Liverpool by far the better team over the 90. Their pressing was excellent and really caused problems for City.

City looked as though they’re not up to full fitness yet but showed glimpses of what they’re capable of. Still, all that matters is where they are after 38 games in PL and where they reach in cups.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Entertaining game with a few niggly little tackles from both sides. Certainly no friendly between these two two teams. Liverpool by far the better team over the 90. Their pressing was excellent and really caused problems for City.

City looked as though they’re not up to full fitness yet but showed glimpses of what they’re capable of. Still, all that matters is where they are after 38 games in PL and where they reach in cups.
    Absolutely and the Goat has stated how notoriously slow Peps City can be at the start of a season to get going.

If they can be even slower this year we will take that, thanks.

Hope you enjoyed your day.

Atmosphere appeared lively, Haaland and Nunez will both need time, though ours at least scored, Diaz was exceptional.

Alvarez made a difference when he came on for you with Foden.

I too am excited for start of the season.

Loved it Adam , cheers .
    No complaints , great day .
    We will smash it this season .

Master
    Great to see Liverpool start fast, Robertson , Nunez and salah all looking sharp.

it’ll be another good season.

Quintet is on….

Master
    In other news Jesus once again proving he will be a great acquisition for the Gunners.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Great to see Liverpool start fast, Robertson , Nunez and salah all looking sharp.

it’ll be another good season.
    Agreed, I was expecting it to be a dull game. Liverpool was really dominant, I thought that at any moment City were going to roar back into the game.

It was a shame Mané left

Master
    Good run out for both teams with the league starting next week.

City were poor by their standards and Liverpool dominated the game, however I still think City will win the league but hopefully Liverpool can push them all the way again.

Glad Nunez got a goal and won the pen, the press a narrative has been he’s a flop before he’s even played a league game so at least this will give him a confidence boost.

Liverpool boo’ing the national anthem again and it being front page news is rather bizarre. We’ve been booing the national anthem for 50 years.

Not looking good for Everton and the Lamps sacking prediction is probably a very good one. Sold a few players in order to balance the books and trying to cherry pick the best players from relegated teams is not really a recipe for success.

A ball hasn’t been kicked yet, but our overall situation looks worse than it did at the start of last season when the ambition being talked about was to qualify for Europe, that clearly didn’t go well. I think the only way Everton will get into Europe is if there is another war.

The bookies as usual seem to think the promoted sides are the most likely to go back down, but in recent years several promoted teams have had strong first seasons. Some eventually go back down in season two or three, but some like Wolves etc develop into a regular PL team.

I am predicting Everton to go down unless there is a clear change of direction. How sad that by Nov or Dec Everton fans will probably be calling for Big Sam time in order to save us.

No cups, no money, but we are still building a new stadium. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Arsenal thrashed a 1st string Sevilla 6-0 with Gabriel Jesus getting a hat trick. Looking at the goals Arsenal seem to be playing a more direct style vs previous years.

Outside chance for 3rd I'd say - probably will be between them and Chelsea, possibly Spurs if they can keep Conte.

Arsenal thrashed a 1st string Sevilla 6-0 with Gabriel Jesus getting a hat trick. Looking at the goals Arsenal seem to be playing a more direct style vs previous years.

Outside chance for 3rd I'd say - probably will be between them and Chelsea, possibly Spurs if they can keep Conte.
    You're such a comedian. Of course Sours will be in the mix with you lot and Chelsea (and Conte's already said this week that he's here for the long term) - the big question is whether Man Utd will be in there as well.

I see Roy Keane - who's normally brutal in his criticism of Spurs - reckons we're the only side who can challenge Liverpool and City... let's hope he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

I see Roy Keane - who's normally brutal in his criticism of Spurs - reckons we're the only side who can challenge Liverpool and City... let's hope he's right.
    He's off his t*ts. I doubt most Spurs fans seriously think they would be able to compete with Liverpool or City.

I note Spurs drew 1-1 with the same Sevilla side that Arsenal eviscerated 6-0 yesterday and Spurs lost 1-0 at home to Roma yesterday. Full strength Spurs team too.

He's off his t*ts. I doubt most Spurs fans seriously think they would be able to compete with Liverpool or City.

I note Spurs drew 1-1 with the same Sevilla side that Arsenal eviscerated 6-0 yesterday and Spurs lost 1-0 at home to Roma yesterday. Full strength Spurs team too.
    Ryan, I did suggest to you last year that you were talking too much, too early when it came to your constant Spurs-rubbishing. I'm happy for you to do the same this season, but have to admit that I thought you might have learnt your lesson, especially given how long it is since you've managed to finish above us in the league
    Last edited by learningtofly; 31st July 2022 at 14:28.

And City just lost 3-1 to Liverpool, you'd be a fool to draw any conclusions from that.

Spurs can challenge them but I've no doubt that they don't have the depth to beat them on paper.

What worries me about Spurs is their performance against sides like Brighton and Brentford at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Ryan, I did suggest to you last year that you were talking too much, too early when it came to your constant Spurs-rubbishing. I'm happy for you to do the same this season, but have to admit that I thought you might have learnt your lesson, especially given how long it is since you've managed to finish above us in the league skull:
    I don't think I rubbished Spurs. I said they won't be challenging City and Liverpool. That's not rubbishing that's being realistic.

I also said Spurs could potentially challenge for 3rd in my post. I think you are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10.

Craftsman

Wasn't Spurs the only team to not lose to City and Liverpool last season. lol

Pre season means nothing, roll on Saturday.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Wasn't Spurs the only team to not lose to City and Liverpool last season. lol

Pre season means nothing, roll on Saturday.
    Did they release an 'Invincible (versus the top two)' Blu-ray for that one? ;)

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I don't think I rubbished Spurs. I said they won't be challenging City and Liverpool. That's not rubbishing that's being realistic.

I also said Spurs could potentially challenge for 3rd in my post. I think you are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10.
    No, speaking of Arsenal you said “Outside chance for 3rd I'd say - probably will be between them and Chelsea, possibly Spurs if they can keep Conte.“ Given that most pundits are giving us a better chance of third than both Arsenal and Chelsea; that all top sides have a degree of reliance on their managers; and that Conte has already said that he’s looking at his tenure on a long term basis; you’re either being mischievous or you don’t know what you’re talking about. Frankly, when it comes to your football related contributions it could be either or both, it’s hard to tell.

Master
    I’ll settle this……Arsenal and spurs are both as crap as each other and won’t win a thing.