closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Sorry I didn't mean it that way. Liverpool is a top European team and club. I meant, given the options he'll have across Europe, he's likely to choose a club other than Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    I know the grave dancing has commenced already but some of you have very short memories. Bellingham may not end up at liverpool but to suggest he wont because we arent a top european club isnt very clever.

And if he wants a CL medal he'll be going to Madrid. There's also the personal and family relocation issue to consider. Would you choose Madrid, Milan, Munich or Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    If he wants a PL winners medal on his CV he is more likely to want to join City than Liverpool.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    And if he wants a CL medal he'll be going to Madrid. There's also the personal and family relocation issue to consider. Would you choose Madrid, Milan, Munich or Liverpool?
    living in liverpool probably seems less grim to a lad from the midlands than most to be fair, i expect him to go somewhere he expects to play and compete on all fronts, there arent too many teams that offer that, certainly not in milan!

im not saying he certainly will goto liverpool but i wouldnt be surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    With Poch available? I don't think so.
    https://www.90min.com/posts/graham-p...helsea-manager

ahem

Blog Entries
    https://www.90min.com/posts/graham-p...helsea-manager

Scotty Parker moving along the coast?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Has a Liverpool fan ,I can’t help but think they’ve done this to themselves but not investing in the squad properly over the last couple of years.
    Yes they’ve brought players in ,but not world class ,plenty of young blood but no where near enough quality to rotate the squad.

Not sure I agree with that, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Mo Salah & Darwin Nunez all scored vs Man City to win the Community Shield 3-1 not long ago.

Salah has been dead weight for too long now, even in the second half of last season he wasn't contributing half the energy, flexibility and performance of Mane.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    You actually believe that?

Keep the faith :)
    It’s a done deal, already agreed between the parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liverpool have looked tired for a while now. Three cups finals last season without a single goal in 90 mins. Trent and Robbo do seem to have lost their spark and yes, I agree that Salah hasn’t been contributing.

To be fair the core of this team has stayed together for over 5 years now and all good things must come to an end. It’s the great teams who can rebuild and stay on top, think of Liverpool in the 70s and 80s and Man Utd under Fergie, success came with some very different looking line ups, whereas this current Liverpool run of success has been effectively achieved with the same squad.

Potter announced as the new Chelsea manager. £21 million to Brighton to soften the blow though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Potter announced as the new Chelsea manager. £21 million to Brighton to soften the blow though.
    As i said elsewhere in no way was this deal done from Weds pm to Thurs am

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Liverpool have looked tired for a while now. Three cups finals last season without a single goal in 90 mins. Trent and Robbo do seem to have lost their spark and yes, I agree that Salah hasn’t been contributing.

To be fair the core of this team has stayed together for over 5 years now and all good things must come to an end. It’s the great teams who can rebuild and stay on top, think of Liverpool in the 70s and 80s and Man Utd under Fergie, success came with some very different looking line ups, whereas this current Liverpool run of success has been effectively achieved with the same squad.
    Although Fergie is arguably the GOAT, I agree. If they had sold/traded some of their underperforming elements and reshuffled a little in this window, it would've shown some real intent. It might have motivated some of the players other too.

After the Napoli match yesterday, I remember hearing one of the pundits state that several support staff have been fired after the volume of injuries sustained during practice at Liverpool.

Do we reckon games will go ahead at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I find his appointment interesting. It's a ballsy decision by the board.

I do wonder what the dressing-room reaction will be to a manager with his (very) limited CV. We'll find out at lunchtime on Saturday, I suppose.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
    Do we reckon games will go ahead at the weekend
    I would Imagine so, the funeral will probably be next week.

Sent from a technical device.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I would Imagine so, the funeral will probably be next week.

Sent from a technical device.
    I think they will be cancelled as a mark of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I think they will be cancelled as a mark of respect.
    What’s wrong with a minutes silence? Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    What’s wrong with a minutes silence? Life goes on.
    That’s the spirit

Domestic games for the next 10 days will be cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That’s fair enough if people have advance notice. It was right that tonight’s games go ahead as the stadiums were already filling up and away fans having travelled etc. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision, but I think the most sensible.

Premier League 2022 - 23

Do I have to go to work for the next 10 days? I very much wish to pay my respects by doing nothing at home.

Blog Entries
    What nonsense is this ?

Especially with the mid-season World Cup & fixture congestion it'll bring...

z

Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

Blog Entries
    Ridiculous i am very sad that the probably most important monarch of our times whose legacy IMO will not be surpassed has passed away but enforced “ mourning” is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Ridiculous i am very sad that the probably most important monarch of our times whose legacy IMO will not be surpassed has passed away but enforced “ mourning” is not the answer.
    So if the other side of the coin said the whole nation can have 10 paid days off work in mourning, you'd be there putting a shift in then ???
    Yeah, right 😂

Ok so football (and much else) will be put on hold for approx 10 days I get that, that’s they way in our country but I and many others now will have to claim for refunds on train, air travel, accommodation and will lose a chunk of money some can ill afford at the moment.

I was to go to a game this weekend, young lads first ever Arsenal game. We will still have our tickets but no certainty it will be moved to a time that suits.

Have a minutes silence and play on I hope, I wonder will the police have a say in games going ahead

I was to go to a game this weekend, young lads first ever Arsenal game. We will still have our tickets but no certainty it will be moved to a time that suits.

Have a minutes silence and play on I hope, I wonder will the police have a say in games going ahead
    Still nothing official from EPL, bad enough for those of us with games on Sunday but need to pull finger out if cancelling tomorrow. Not sure how they will fit them in with WC in the mix too, plus Arsenal have Europa home game on the 18th which I imagine UEFA don't want to move...

This risk appears to be if there are clashes with any announced Day of Mourning. Given that won't affect this weekend I imagine that games will proceed as scheduled.

Blog Entries
    Don't think that's true. It has affected the EFL games tonight and there will be an announcement by the EFL about other games that may be affected this weekend but nothing about the Premiership (yet).

There's nothing on https://www.premierleague.com/ as of 1020hrs this morning.

I suspect that broadcasters, not only in the UK, are demanding games go ahead as planned & discussions are ongoing.
    Last edited by jwg663; 9th September 2022 at 10:49.
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    There's nothing on https://www.premierleague.com/ as of 1020hrs this morning.

I suspect that broadcasters, not only in the UK, are demanding games go ahead as planned & discussions are ongoing.
    Evidently the premier league are meeting at 11am to decide

Matches postponed.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2786560

At a meeting this morning, Premier League clubs paid tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

To honour her extraordinary life and contribution to the nation, and as a mark of respect, this weekend’s Premier League match round will be postponed, including Monday evening’s game.

Richard Masters, Premier League Chief Executive, said: “We and our clubs would like to pay tribute to Her Majesty’s long and unwavering service to our country.

"As our longest-serving monarch, she has been an inspiration and leaves behind an incredible legacy following a life of dedication.

"This is a tremendously sad time for not just the nation but also for the millions of people around the world who admired her, and we join together with all those in mourning her passing.”

Further updates regarding Premier League fixtures during the period of mourning will be provided in due course.
    ______

​Jim.

Even more bonkers, looks like kids grassroots football being called off!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Not great as far as fixture congestion goes but, whether people are royalists or not, it’s such a momentous occasion that it’s understandable.
    At least we’re delaying giving Spurs 3 points for a little while longer!

Blog Entries
    Yet another Saturday when I'll have to speak to the missus..... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Even more bonkers, looks like kids grassroots football being called off!

Yep... our club's called off all friendlies and training this weekend. Fortunately the league had been pushed back a week anyway so doesn't start until next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Yep... our club's called off all friendlies and training this weekend. Fortunately the league had been pushed back a week anyway so doesn't start until next weekend.
    Absolutely idiotic decision. My u8s game postponed. Yet music festivals, shops, pubs, restaurants, offices all ploughing on.

Would be much better to have a minute's silence, a little chat and then celebrate her love of sport by actually playing some!

What a world we live in, virtue signalling of the highest order by the FA. Out of touch Muppets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Yet another Saturday when I'll have to speak to the missus..... :-(
    Get a bicycle.

My u8s game postponed.
    Would be much better to have a minute's silence, a little chat and then celebrate her love of sport by actually playing some!

What a world we live in, virtue signalling of the highest order by the FA. Out of touch Muppets.
    Sorry to hear that - SYFA Scottish youth football is going ahead with the minute's silence.

Absolutely idiotic decision. My u8s game postponed. Yet music festivals, shops, pubs, restaurants, offices all ploughing on.

I think you need some pussy...

Probably!

Probably!
    😂😂💪

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Get a bicycle.
    Might be a bit wobbly cycling home on it...

Can’t see potter doing too well at Chelsea,he definitely deserves a shot ,but he’s not a big name and will he get the respect from some of the so called superstars.
    I hope it’s a disaster,nothing against potter I may add.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Sorry to hear that - SYFA Scottish youth football is going ahead with the minute's silence.
    Not all Scottish games, my lads game tomorrow has been canned (Under 8s). Apparently that is in part down to weather though, think only astro pitch games going ahead.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Bought tickets for the women's NLD last night since the Everton game was cancelled. They were at 40k tickets sold 4 days ago. I reckon the Emirates could be sold out for it as there will be no Prem next weekend either

Bought tickets for the women's NLD last night since the Everton game was cancelled. They were at 40k tickets sold 4 days ago. I reckon the Emirates could be sold out for it as there will be no Prem next weekend either
    Indeed lower tier was sold out apart from 2 single seats, and a nice chunk of club level and couple upper tier blocks too, I'm surprised the council let us they really don't like us doing additional events usually.

Looks like the home game on Thursday v PSV will be going ahead so will get my football fix then, although would liked to have played Everton this w/end.

Master
    All the amateur games in Liverpool were cancelled. Absolutely pathetic decision to me.

Oh and to add Liverpool are trialling an FA initiative of no heading from corners and free kicks for u15 and below.

The world has gone mad.

Premier League 2022 - 23

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but it appears that unlike most other sporting events that went and will go ahead, one of the contributing factors that football matches were cancelled was because of the risk and fears of how fans would react to the queen an royal family tributes, i.e. risk of one minute silence dissent and boo-ing.

The whole thing stinks.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...l-off-20220910
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 12th September 2022 at 21:51.

Christmas Day already looking tasty!!

8am - open presents with the kids
    11am - Arsenal v Everton
    1pm - Arsenal v PSV
    3pm - Kings speech
    5pm - Brentford v Arsenal

Can’t wait!!

Christmas Day already looking tasty!!

8am - open presents with the kids
    11am - Arsenal v Everton
    1pm - Arsenal v PSV
    3pm - Kings speech
    5pm - Brentford v Arsenal

Can’t wait!!
    Would be great wouldn't it, think the Everton game will be mid to late January mid week, at least il be able to bring the young lad