closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 90 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Chelsea lost again and are continuing to have similar starting struggles as Liverpool.

The only ray of hope is that City will most likely lose tonight given they have not been playing well so far and their small squad couldn't possibly compete against a team that has signed 18 players in this summer transfer window alone, surely this a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Chelsea lost again and are continuing to have similar starting struggles as Liverpool.

The only ray of hope is that City will most likely lose tonight given they have not been playing well so far and their small squad couldn't possibly compete against a team that has signed 18 players in this summer transfer window alone, surely this a foregone conclusion.
    Well , Forest are 28-1 if you want to make some easy money 

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Well , they are 28-1 if you want to make some easy money 
    Unfortunately not a betting man, if I was I would surely have bet on you being the first to respond to my comment.

Blog Entries

Premier League 2022 - 23

Ha Ha Land … he’s a machine.

z

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Ha Ha Land … he’s a machine.

z
    If he stays fit I would be worried if I was shearer .

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    If he stays fit I would be worried if I was shearer .
    If he stays in England he will smash that record, he’s so young. Easily getting 40+ goals this season and every season onwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Class act for sure. Born finisher.

Arsenal should be 3 up. Ripping Villa a new one

Blog Entries
    Class act for sure. Born finisher.

It’s his brute strength & physicality that sets him apart. In this game & against Palace he”s had defenders pushing & pulling at him. In most cases he”s shrugged them off ( or put them on the floor ) & put it in the net. No fannying about looking for a penalty.

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It’s his brute strength & physicality that sets him apart. In this game & against Palace he”s had defenders pushing & pulling at him. In most cases he”s shrugged them off ( or put them on the floor ) & put it in the net. No fannying about looking for a penalty.

z
    Exactly this he’s a traditional strong forward, the likes of which have been missing for a long time.

No wonder Pep didn’t mind letting Sterling & Jesus go. Alvarez looks some prospect. City in full flow tonight even without KDB for an hour.
    As for Haaland….. he’s only going to get better under Pep’s guidance and there’s no way Pep is going to leave City with this guy to nurture.

Master
    What a finish, never in doubt!!

8th minute of 5 minutes of extra time.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Epic time wasting from the toon, bit of self harm there.

Play until Liverpool score. Standard. I can’t stand old shark teeth, Klippity Klopp. Absolute goon always jumping around everywhere. Knob jockey.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

So this Haaland bloke
    I just hope Pep has kept the receipt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    They were absolutely shocking time wasting from the first half. Since the Everton game last season this seems to be the go to tactic throw yourself around on the ground and roll about a bit to break up play.
    Yes and Newcastle deserved exactly the kind of finish to the game that ensued.

Klopp is an absolute legend and I loved how he flashed those gnashers at a clearly incensed Newcastle bench when the winner was scored.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Play until Liverpool score. Standard. I can’t stand old shark teeth, Klippity Klopp. Absolute goon always jumping around everywhere. Knob jockey.
    ffs Newcastle brought that on themselves Faking cramp and injury, klopp didn’t jump anywhere when Liverpool scored either most of the jostling was from the salty lot on the Newcastle bench that had the smug wiped off them

Master
    Just seen a replay of somebody on the Newcastle bench throwing something towards the Liverpool management staff.

That at least explains why the Liverpool staff became so agitated as opposed to ecstatic at the winner.

Craftsman
    Arsenal somehow conspired to concede and only score twice against Villa.

Villa are as bad a side as we've played to date - like Bournemouth but with less attacking threat. Plenty of 'heavy' challenges, though.

Arsenal showed good resolve again to hit back quickly and Nketiah again was fantastic off the bench. Lokonga did well and Xhaka was as good as I've seen him, he's a fantastic player when his head is right.

Very worrying that injuries already piling up - Zinny, Partey, Odegaard, and Elneny already. 3 of those are first XI players and vital to how we play. Old Trafford next will be massive test.

Awesome to get another win though, for now will enjoy that - whilst many around us continue to drop points. We will need this cushion later without doubt, so let's maximise it whilst we can!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    ffs Newcastle brought that on themselves Faking cramp and injury, klopp didn’t jump anywhere when Liverpool scored either most of the jostling was from the salty lot on the Newcastle bench that had the smug wiped off them
    Exactly this, self inflicted

Master
    So this Haaland bloke
    I just hope Pep has kept the receipt
    He’s ridiculous already and he’s only going to get better. Tough times ahead for defenders in the league.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    He’s ridiculous already and he’s only going to get better. Tough times ahead for defenders in the league.

Shame Maguire is benched.
    Would have been comedy gold watching him against Haaland.

z

City are unstoppable that's why they are the only team with a 100% reco....oh hang on

Another good win for Arsenal, Villa seemed very heavy on the tackling.

Isak looks a decent player, took his goal well and his second (disallowed) was a nice turn and finish.

As expected Haaland has made a huge difference to City, pushing them to the next level and they have to win the CL this season. Alvarez also looks a hell of a player.

Liverpool were very lucky to score so late on, Newcastle look to be playing very well. Howe is doing a top job.

Haaland scoring against all odds, with KDB, Silva, Foden etc around him

Neither set of fans is going to clearly see the same side of argument of game management vs time wasting.

But after a tough game against Man City and very physical game against Wolves to follow this with a mid-week game away at Anfield and chasing the game for the last 20 mins, its perfectly reasonable that players would be cramping up post 90mins?

For me it more how do you get just 5 mins of ET across 45 mins but then another 3 mins of ET added within that 5 mins. Doesn't quite add up.

And no, the clock doesn't stop every time someone goes down in pain for a few seconds

Blog Entries
    Fergie time replaced with Klippy Kloppy time

As to City early doors but looking unstoppable as to Arsenal looking good for a top four unlike my lot CFC who seem to be buying players like some kid let lose in the pic and mix while the deranged parent just throws strops with everyone.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Arsenal looking for Douglas Luiz today, presumably to play the 6 as Mo Elneny injury looks bad.

Honestly the transformation when compared to 12 months ago is unbelievable. Yes we've bought players but Howe's also done a great job improving some of those we already had. You can use last night as a barometer for progress in terms of arguably our three best players in Bruno, Maxi and Wilson weren't available yet we gave them a game at Anfield.

We take that defeat on the chin and move on. The future looks pretty sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Newcastle look to be playing very well. Howe is doing a top job.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Neither set of fans is going to clearly see the same side of argument of game management vs time wasting.

But after a tough game against Man City and very physical game against Wolves to follow this with a mid-week game away at Anfield and chasing the game for the last 20 mins, its perfectly reasonable that players would be cramping up post 90mins?

For me it more how do you get just 5 mins of ET across 45 mins but then another 3 mins of ET added within that 5 mins. Doesn't quite add up.

And no, the clock doesn't stop every time someone goes down in pain for a few seconds
    the clock can stop (or the time can be added) at the refs discretion, its a minimum of 5 minutes and if Newcastle want to try their luck and run the clock down they cant complain when a referee adds that time on. Also referees dont tend to blow up when there is a team attacking and they get a corner or free kick.

Master
    Honestly the transformation when compared to 12 months ago is unbelievable. Yes we've bought players but Howe's also done a great job improving some of those we already had. You can use last night as a barometer for progress in terms of arguably our three best players in Bruno, Maxi and Wilson weren't available yet we gave them a game at Anfield.

We take that defeat on the chin and move on. The future looks pretty sunny.
    Newcastle played very well and are a much better team than before Howe took over, however the Liverpool of this season have been far from the Liverpool of last season thus far.

Newcastle played very well and are a much better team than before Howe took over, however the Liverpool of this season have been far from the Liverpool of last season thus far.
    Exactly. Hard to say Newcastle have improved from the side at the end of last season (when they were already a strong side) as many Premier League teams would have gotten at least a point at Anfield last night. Seems a good time to play Liverpool (unless you are Bournemouth) and Liverpool will surely improve later in the season.

We've improved since the end of last season by adding Botman who is an absolute unit (100% of arial duels won in EPL), Isak up front, Nick Pope coming in and getting ASM to be more direct with his play.

I dispute that "many Premier League teams would have gotten at least a point at Anfield last night". Like....?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Exactly. Hard to say Newcastle have improved from the side at the end of last season (when they were already a strong side) as many Premier League teams would have gotten at least a point at Anfield last night. Seems a good time to play Liverpool (unless you are Bournemouth) and Liverpool will surely improve later in the season.

We've improved since the end of last season by adding Botman who is an absolute unit (100% of arial duels won in EPL), Isak up front, Nick Pope coming in and getting ASM to be more direct with his play.

I dispute that "many Premier League teams would have gotten at least a point at Anfield last night". Like....?
    Ok I'm no fan of Liverpool but will call it as it is- Newcastle's time wasting was appalling yesterday and Pope being down for a minute in injury time meant the 5 mins injury time became 6 mins. On 96 mins Liverpool got a corner, no ref will blow up before letting a team take a corner, the corner led to pinball in the box and Liverpool score. If Pope hadn't been a cheating berk Newcastle would have drawn. Lots of moaning around about 8 mins actual injury time vs 5 mins given but fact is it was 96 mins when Liverpool got that corner and that's where the goal came from.

Re who would have gotten a point at least against that Liverpool last night (based on how Liverpool performed) Man City would have smashed them, Spurs and Arsenal would have gotten at least a point (both have swift and effective counter attack options), maybe Man Utd and actually one of the savvy teams like Palace, Brentford, Brighton and so on would have kept it compact and had a chance of frustrating them. This is not (yet) the Liverpool team of last season.

Newcastle were great in 1st half and were unlucky not to get a 2nd with Isak's disallowed goal in 2nd half but basically for much of the 2nd half they were time wasting and Liverpool weren't as on the ascendancy as they could be. A true counter attacking team breaking at pace could have taken Liverpool to the cleaners.

What will be interesting for Newcastle is when Wilson returns - him and Isak up front will be a real handful for any team.

Can anyone explain the difference between Rashfords goal v Liverpool being given onside ( the benefit given to the attacker according to Mike Dean ) and the Isak one being given offside ?
    The lines that I have seen are about as similar as it gets .

Oh, and every team runs the clock down at certain times . Every team.

Master
    Can anyone explain the difference between Rashfords goal v Liverpool being given onside ( the benefit given to the attacker according to Mike Dean ) and the Isak one being given offside ?
    The lines that I have seen are about as similar as it gets .

Oh, and every team runs the clock down at certain times . Every team.
    Simple

Rashford was offside as well, and blatant running down of the clock is fine, just dont moan when the referee adds on some extra 'extra' time for it.

Simple

Rashford was offside as well, and blatant running down of the clock is fine, just dont moan when the referee adds on some extra 'extra' time for it.

If Rashford was offside, why was the goal given ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    When Sky showed the replay and VAR line I assumed it was def a no goal. Was surprised it was given.

I assumed the point of VAR was to also eliminate the requirement of any “benefit of doubt”

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    When Sky showed the replay and VAR line I assumed it was def a no goal. Was surprised it was given.

I assumed the point of VAR was to also eliminate the requirement of any “benefit of doubt”
    This is my point .
    There was little to no difference in the two ‘goals’ yet only one was given.
    Dean defended the Rashford decision by saying the benefit of the doubt would go to the attackers this season . He’s been conspicuously quiet today . Also, I noticed the linesman flagged immediately for the Isak incident. Something they aren’t supposed to do . This VAR is getting more and more confusing.
    Last edited by thegoat; 1st September 2022 at 22:58.

Man Utd on the up and up it would seem!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    How long we giving Rodger's at Leicester after his latest comments, didn't work too well for Parker and that is when transfer window was still open?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Man Utd on the up and up it would seem!

They won the league last week against Liverpool…….

Master
    you tell me, it was an incorrect decision.

Master
    As a united fan Im not getting carried away - could have easily lost to saints and leicester were there for the taking and yet we still made hard work of it however the new signings/spine of the team is much better but its a work in progress - ill be happy that the media and the likes leave us alone and dont get too carried away one way or another wins or losses - its a long term project

That said press love to talk about United so beat Arsenal at weekend and press will talk us up as contenders lose and itll be what a waste of money Anthony was or it will be ronaldos fault etc etc

Regards Leicester I feel for Brendan good manager that hasnt been backed and leicester have gone backwards in recent times - what he said was true but hes been in the game long enough and is well respected so wont get the scott parker treatment

Finally as for the Rashford goal - VAR working perfrctly imo :)
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 2nd September 2022 at 11:04.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Fergie time replaced with Klippy Kloppy time

As to City early doors but looking unstoppable as to Arsenal looking good for a top four unlike my lot CFC who seem to be buying players like some kid let lose in the pic and mix while the deranged parent just throws strops with everyone.

i like this, kloppy time is the new fergie time

Auba to Chelsea is an interesting one.

Obviously has a bit of baggage with him, but if Tuchel thinks he can get the best out of him could be a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Auba to Chelsea is an interesting one.

Obviously has a bit of baggage with him, but if Tuchel thinks he can get the best out of him could be a bargain

Chelsea need a target man, so long as not looking for any defensive input will fit in fine, as an Arsenal fan still leaves a bitter aftertaste (especially as also given Barca Bellerin for free too) but don't face Chelsea until November at Stamford Bridge so hoping he gets his sulk on by then and we have more than 5 players that aren't academy level still fit to play...

Arteta [the diplomat] on Aubameyang moving to Chelsea...

"I'm sure he's made that decision because he wants to change again and find the best possible for his future, and we here wish him the best of luck."

Anyway there's alot of football before then, with trip to Old Trafford at the w/end, looks like taking a rather light midfield and possibly our #2 keeper

you tell me, it was an incorrect decision.
    Ahh , seems you’re right after all .
    I’ve just checked the table and you’ve been given an extra point .
    Who’d a thunk it ?

Master
    Ahh , seems you’re right after all .
    I’ve just checked the table and you’ve been given an extra point .
    Who’d a thunk it ?
    how clever, you are a rare wit.