closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best place to sell a Rolex Sub?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    sweets, not how it works in reality as mentioned - no-one here wants to buy Rolex at inflated market rates (even when below dealer prices), the sad old farts on here with bugger all else to do just love piling on and moaning about the inflated prices [get a life FFS]. That said, I look forward to your next Rolex sale on the SC - surely it's time (7 years after your last one)?!
    They aren't inflated market rates. It's either the market rate or it isn't. And I've yet to see any of the moaners selling their watches at below market rates.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Good luck with getting the deal in place to get what bayou really want.

Although it’s likely a couple of months too late to get the best possible price, as things have cooled.

Im after one myself, but I’m on the list and know it’s simply case of waiting it out for mine, but most won’t be able to get one at retail any time soon, so there will always be a good market.
    It's just a matter of time...

Second that just stick in sales you won't be the only one wanted market value, it's all about what happy the except for the Sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    You highlight the main point, 'with a reasonable price'.

With Rolex many people have different expectations now, especially in a rapidly cooling market. OP wants top dollar, he stated as much. Market price and all that lark is code for it, else it would be with a dealer already. He wants more than dealer money, which is all well and good, but SC/TZ is more wary than ever on Rolex. Better to accept that its better to just take dealer trade money, unless of course its too low, which tells you even more about the 'market price'.
    Sent from my SM-G780F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by bokbok; 17th June 2022 at 09:57.

More votes for Mark Worthington, Miltonaires and WF.

And in absolute agreement with this....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    You highlight the main point, 'with a reasonable price'.

With Rolex many people have different expectations now, especially in a rapidly cooling market. OP wants top dollar, he stated as much. Market price and all that lark is code for it, else it would be with a dealer already. He wants more than dealer money, which is all well and good, but SC/TZ is more wary than ever on Rolex. Better to accept that its better to just take dealer trade money, unless of course its too low, which tells you even more about the 'market price'.

Master
    Thanks for all your help. Sadly, the watch I wanted flew out (Calatrava) so I now don't really see the point in selling the Bluesy. I'll see what other offers come through, but one day I'll hopefully have another Patek in the collection. I do wear the Sub and it looks amazing on a sunny day; my only issue is it competes with my TT GMT which I've owned since 2016, and wear most of the time. First world dilemmas

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Same here.
    Totally lowballed and his prices certainly don't reflect it.
    This was before he was robbed of his stock.

Can confirm - spun me the old "just bought one for £xxxx" which was £2k less than a quote I'd already had from elsewhere. If you don't want it, say so instead of lowballing. Shame as I really wanted to like him, being local and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Can confirm - spun me the old "just bought one for £xxxx" which was £2k less than a quote I'd already had from elsewhere. If you don't want it, say so instead of lowballing. Shame as I really wanted to like him, being local and all.
    Indeed, it would be useful to have a local and fair dealer.

My disappointment was doubly compounded, as I knew Jonathan pretty well at school. While not expecting anything like mate's rates, after all I hadn't kept in touch with him, his offer was, not to put too fine a point on it, insultingly low, certainly in the region you mention. Dealers have to make a living too, I understand that, but not at my expense. Additionally, his association with Paul Thorpe is not a positive to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post

My disappointment was doubly compounded, as I knew Jonathan pretty well at school. While not expecting anything like mate's rates, after all I hadn't kept in touch with him, his offer was, not to put too fine a point on it, insultingly low, certainly in the region you mention. Dealers have to make a living too, I understand that, but not at my expense. Additionally, his association with Paul Thorpe is not a positive to my mind.
    Thorpe promotes the Edinburgh guy quite often and, I agree, it's not a great association. I've mentioned it before that BQ Watches were staggeringly low ball for me, over 4k less than the Geordie lads, whom I like and rate. BQ are another business pushed by Thorpe. Just saying.

Thorpe seems to have appointed himself as spokesperson for the watch-buying public and, of course, the font of all knowledge if it has a dial, hands and tells the time. I can't bear his output and stopped watching him months ago.

SydR
    I offered 3 watches to WF over the past 18 months.

Would not quote on one, lowballed on another and a good price on a third.

Sold the other 2 for what I was looking for on C24.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    Thorpe promotes the Edinburgh guy quite often and, I agree, it's not a great association. I've mentioned it before that BQ Watches were staggeringly low ball for me, over 4k less than the Geordie lads, whom I like and rate. BQ are another business pushed by Thorpe. Just saying.

Thorpe seems to have appointed himself as spokesperson for the watch-buying public and, of course, the font of all knowledge if it has a dial, hands and tells the time. I can't bear his output and stopped watching him months ago.
    I've not heard of BQ but on your latter points regarding Thorpe, I couldn't agree more - unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    I offered 3 watches to WF over the past 18 months.

Would not quote on one, lowballed on another and a good price on a third.

Sold the other 2 for what I was looking for on C24.
    How hard/safe/protected is it to sell n C24 ?

Craftsman
    WF offered me 50% of what I paid them (in January 2022) for a 2019 Tudor Pelagos in Blue.

That was upsetting.

So after reading this thread, I've tried SubDial and we'll see if they'll give me something approaching reasonable.

Subdial gets my vote, offered £500 more than WF for my 114060

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Subdial hit and miss for me. A few I have offered they said they won’t buy as they already have another of the same model in stock!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Subdial hit and miss for me. A few I have offered they said they won’t buy as they already have another of the same model in stock!
    Yes but I personally prefer that honesty over being lowballed.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    Subdial gets my vote, offered £500 more than WF for my 114060

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WF £700 more than Subdial for a OP36.

He thought I was clueless and spun a yarn about what I’d paid for my GMT in 2000, applied inflation and added a hundred pounds as if he was doing me a favour - the offer was half what I achieved elsewhere.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    He thought I was clueless and spun a yarn about what I’d paid for my GMT in 2000, applied inflation and added a hundred pounds as if he was doing me a favour - the offer was half what I achieved elsewhere.
    Apologies but who is this dealer. Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Apologies but who is this dealer. Thanks.
    Edinburgh Watch Company

Sounds like EWC really take the piss. Karma and all that - maybe not such a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    I'm assuming the non-WIS are his usual clients. But 50% below what was market rate speaks for itself.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    I'm assuming the non-WIS are his usual clients. But 50% below what was market rate speaks for itself.
    Did he have a mouth full of plumbs when you knew him at school?
    Last edited by johny; 18th June 2022 at 14:51.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Edinburgh Watch Company
    Ta.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Damn those vertical datum devices !

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Not at all. He was a very nice guy and I'm sure he still is. His pricing is off that's all.

Master
    Not at all. He was a very nice guy and I'm sure he still is. His pricing is off that's all.
    Thank you.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    How hard/safe/protected is it to sell n C24 ?
    C24 is perfectly fine in my experience, however they take 6.5% commission which can obviously stack up.