closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2 Speedmaster alternatives (Aliexpress)

Master

2 Speedmaster alternatives (Aliexpress)

Im a big fan of the Speedmaster but having tried a few different models they never seemed to sit quite right on my wrist. Id have to sell something to buy one and couldn't bring myself to part with anything I had.
    Some of the offerings on Aliexpress get very close to the look of the speedmaster so I thought give the Pagani V2 a try. Really liked it but hands were silver rather than white, now the V3 is available and the hands are white. Very impressed for the £95 it cost and would recommend it to anyone wanting to give the design a try at a much lower price point.
    The bracelet is ok but I prefer it on a nato or the velcro pictured.

While buying that I stumbled on the Moonswatch copy. As these are impossible to get and, from several reviews, not worth the RRP anyway I though id try a cheapy. Now the pictures on the site made it look like a sterile dial, I wouldn't have gone for the copy which has arrived. Not decided what to do with it yet but would be interesting to see how it compares to the real thing. All the negatives I have, cheap plastic feel, too light, cheap quartz have been said about the real thing too. Considering this was £70 the Pagani is much nicer.

Last edited by Rob s; 13th June 2022 at 13:43.

Wow, not wanting to derail the thread but that is a fake moonswatch?
    If so I suppose it is to be expected looking at the hype, but that looks to be a pretty convincing / conning fake? Beware of those on eBay I guess.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 13th June 2022 at 10:53.

Well, the second one is an outright fake watch, so I'd contact AliExpress demanding a 100% refund.

Then smash it with the biggest hammer you have.

Am I right to assume the Pagani is a mechaquartz movement?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

FIY HIGHER. Great copying.
    Needs to be destroyed, surely?

Master

Video from April, hope it helps someone.

I note that there are at least two Moonswatch homage (ostensibly) sellers on Aliexpress currently, one selling them at ~£37 and the other at ~£86. No way to know what you'll get unless you buy one, really.

I am not sure how they can be called fakes
    It says Pagani on dial
    And are definitely not mechanical.
    Surely a copied design but not appealing to me at all but surely calling it a fake or a replica is a bit of a stretch. Am not sure I get the outrage.
    OP, if you enjoy it - carry on.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I am not sure how they can be called fakes
    It says Pagani on dial
    And are definitely not mechanical.
    Surely a copied design but not appealing to me at all but surely calling it a fake or a replica is a bit of a stretch. Am not sure I get the outrage.
    OP, if you enjoy it - carry on.
    The moonswatch is fake and swatch/omega branded

The Moonwatch one with Pagani design on the dial. I'm not altogether sure Pagani did design it.

I did like the '50's style rocket motif on the back though.

The other one is just a counterfeit. No excuse for that.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    I do actually like that PD speedy as mentioned a great way to try out the form factor on a budget.

The model number 1701....coincidence that a certain fictional spacecraft has that number?

Master
    The seller I purchased the Moonswatch from seems to have disappeared but I've opened a dispute. Same as an unbranded one could have been a fun holiday watch but i wont wear a blatant fake. I would be very careful buying anything off ebay if it didn't go through the new authentication. This came in a plain box but someone could easily pass this off as the real thing I'm sure.
    It wont be leaving me anyway. It will either become a toy watch for my kids or maybe ill open it up to the forum to decide how it meets its end.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

Am I right to assume the Pagani is a mechaquartz movement?

M
    Yes you are right

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    The moonswatch is fake and swatch/omega branded
    My bad. Didn’t see that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    The seller I purchased the Moonswatch from seems to have disappeared but I've opened a dispute. Same as an unbranded one could have been a fun holiday watch but i wont wear a blatant fake. I would be very careful buying anything off ebay if it didn't go through the new authentication. This came in a plain box but someone could easily pass this off as the real thing I'm sure.
    It wont be leaving me anyway. It will either become a toy watch for my kids or maybe ill open it up to the forum to decide how it meets its end.
    Do you own a shotgun? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The seller I purchased the Moonswatch from seems to have disappeared but I've opened a dispute. ...
    Good luck with that! I found Ali Express always side with the seller, no matter how extreme the ripoff (in my case ordered a watch / received a cheap set of non-working ear-buds!)

I'll chuck a £10er in the fundraiser charity of your choice if you post pictures of the counterfeit Swatch smashed to pieces with a hammer.

Have you looked at the Speedy Reduced? Could be what you’re ultimately looking for…

as for the fake MoonSwatch, the fact that the seller offers a sterile dial should have been a red flag!

I would like to submit three ideas on how to destroy the fake Swatch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Have you looked at the Speedy Reduced? Could be what you’re ultimately looking for…

as for the fake MoonSwatch, the fact that the seller offers a sterile dial should have been a red flag!
    I have tried one although not for a while. Might be worth revisiting.

A lot of the sellers on Aliexpress offer sterile dials. San Martin for example do on most models and their watches are well regarded. Homages mainly but never fakes.
    I hindsight I think the logos must have been photoshopped out. I can't check as the store/seller seems to have gone. Was a bit of an impulse purchase when getting the Pagani. Leason learned

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Several people are eager to destroy the fake Moonswatch but, before everyone gets carried away, it might actually be informative to see if it is possible to do a direct comparison of the fake with a genuine article! It could be quite interesting.

Only then, decide which one is more worthy of destruction. ;-)

I wonder how many will be triggered by this post.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Several people are eager to destroy the fake Moonswatch but, before everyone gets carried away, it might actually be informative to see if it is possible to do a direct comparison of the fake with a genuine article! It could be quite interesting.

Only then, decide which one is more worthy of destruction. ;-)

I wonder how many will be triggered by this post.
    That would be interesting.

Well done supporting the criminals behind the fake M/S OP.

[If anything, it looks worse than the original, which is some feat.]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Well done supporting the criminals behind the fake M/S OP.

[If anything, it looks worse than the original, which is some feat.]
    As I said originally I didn't know it was a fake. The pictures showed a non branded sterile dial watch. I wouldn't have got a blatent fake.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As I said originally I didn't know it was a fake. The pictures showed a non branded sterile dial watch. I wouldn't have got a blatant fake.
    Don't waste your time, he couldn't be bothered to read your original post, it's unlikely he'll read your response.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I note that there are at least two Moonswatch homage (ostensibly) sellers on Aliexpress currently, one selling them at ~£37 and the other at ~£86. No way to know what you'll get unless you buy one, really.
    More than two and some down in the twenties.

As you say, what will arrive is anyone's guess...

M
    Last edited by snowman; 14th June 2022 at 10:38.

As I said originally I didn't know it was a fake. The pictures showed a non branded sterile dial watch. I wouldn't have got a blatent fake.
    It had an unbranded dial but you didn't know it was a fake? Because the real ones also have an unbranded dial?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It had an unbranded dial but you didn't know it was a fake? Because the real ones also have an unbranded dial?
    I’ve had a look at AliExpress and the ones that appear to have unbranded dials are usually with the original logo photoshopped out to make it appear that they are unbranded clones, rather than fakes.

He's not suggesting he thought he was buying a Swatch. He's saying he expected to received an unbranded watch, not a watch with Swatch/Omega branding on it.

Then you're into the contentious world of fake vs homage, which is probably not a worthwhile discussion for here as it's been had many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    He's not suggesting he thought he was buying a Swatch. He's saying he expected to received an unbranded watch, not a watch with Swatch/Omega branding on it.

Then you're into the contentious world of fake vs homage, which is probably not a worthwhile discussion for here as it's been had many times before.
    Oh no, go on, let's do it all over again

M

Happens with all sorts. I fancied a fitted end rubber strap with a clasp a few years back, and ordered one from Ebay.
    What arrived had a Rolex signed clasp, and even the rubber section was signed Rubber B, despite there being no branding whatsoever on the listing, and no pull down option saying "branded", which is a clear indicator of fakery.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Happens with all sorts. I fancied a fitted end rubber strap with a clasp a few years back, and ordered one from Ebay.
    What arrived had a Rolex signed clasp, and even the rubber section was signed Rubber B, despite there being no branding whatsoever on the listing, and no pull down option saying "branded", which is a clear indicator of fakery.
    I had the same with a rubber strap for my Longines HC.

Photos showed a blank clasp, it arrived with a Longines logo on - To be honest, I didn't know that Longines made a rubber strap for the HC 39mm (Seems they don't - just checked), so I live with it.

Would worry me more if it was on a watch dial, though.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 15th June 2022 at 10:52.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Plenty of PAM "homage" watches with sterile dials appear on SC every now and again. Boss has no issue with them because they dont read Panerai or marina militare.

The branding makes the difference between fake and sterile. He said he thought it was sterile.