closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sony Xperia owners

Sony Xperia owners

What are they like? New one is 1300 quid but the camera and phone intrigue me. I'm a Pixel 6 Pro owner, love stock Android .

Anyone use an Xperia? I'm only getting it for the camera

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm probably not the best placed to answer as I haven't bought a phone in ages but all of my phones over the last 15 years (four or five) have been Sony Xperia (or even Ericsson). Mainly for three reasons:

They are pretty hard wearing

They have a dedicated camera button (not sure if they still do)

They used to do full spec but genuinely compact phones.

I have had this phone for four years (it was second hand then) with no problems. Although it is starting to show its age in terms of battery life and speed and it no longer has the latest OS.

You'll probably find a phone with perhaps a few more bells and whistles but you might not find one with the longevity.

Hope that helps.

Master
    I looked at the previous model and also the pro a good few times, but just couldn’t pull the trigger, reviews on the cameras were okay, and at just okay it’s a lot of money.
    Shame as I’ve been a fan of the Xperia range since they started.
    The pre order deal makes the price a little more palatable.

I've used Xperia phones since the Z1 compact, if they could come up with another high end compact I'd be "in like Flynn", as it is I'll stick with the Xz2 Compact and when the battery starts to fail I may get Sony to fit another,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Yeah I've also used them since they brought out the truly powerful compact Z range. I've had my current X compact for a while now and even though it's not as powerful as it's full sized counterparts, it's served me well so far.

Master
    Had 3 Xperias in the past. I found the screen quality and touchscreen a little above quality wise compared to Samsung. Just my personal view and could well be the differing models of the Sony and Samsung I was using.

However my last Xperia had a problem with the camera in that it wouldn't open the app so I basically had no camera. Known issue apparently. Put me off buying another and I now have Samsung.