closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Platinum Daytona

Timeline from Gareth seems accurate/sensible.

If there ever was a time to increase the size of the Daytona it will be then. Will be interesting to see if they do change the size-- doubtful but almost possible.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Timeline from Gareth seems accurate/sensible.

If there ever was a time to increase the size of the Daytona it will be then. Will be interesting to see if they do change the size-- doubtful but almost possible.
    You never know now the Sub has increased...

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    You never know now the Sub has increased...
    I would liquidate to get one, that's for sure. Either a trip to WF or straight on the list for two or three Cellinis.

Cool

I fear this thread will hit my wallet.

But you only live once I guess and what a way to go. Work in progress…

I do think the yellow gold / green dial Daytona is a worthy alternative to the platinum……..
    It’s stunning in the flesh - but a bit bling for some.
    Also the yellow gold is a fair wedge cheaper than the platinum but still seldom seen in the wild and feels special on the wrist….

Master
    Blog Entries
    Regarding the two different icy blue dial variants etc does anybody know the price difference?

I think diamond is 65k list non diamond cheaper

£60,650 for the regular Platona and £65,700 for the baguette hour markers according to Celebwatchspotter on IG.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks - wasn’t sure how big a gap between the two models.

Both dials nice - diamond one not as blingy as I thought.

Pics nicked from net

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Personally I would just cash out if not wearing.
    This.

I find the Daytona a disappointment, not that I'd ever be in the market for one now, but there was a time, years ago, when I looked at them and I decided it was too small, as someone else mentioned.

ETA, Is it the brown and blue one? Personally, I find.that combination abominable!

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 16th June 2022 at 10:30.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    This.

I find the Daytona a disappointment, not that I'd ever be in the market for one now, but there was a time, years ago, when I looked at them and I decided it was too small, as someone else mentioned.

ETA, Is it the brown and blue one? Personally, I find.that combination abominable!

M

I love the size of mine. Guess depends on wrist and taste at end of the day (im around 7inch wrist)

Craftsman
    No, I absolutely wouldn’t. No, thank you. Daytonas just don’t work for me, and this is, imho, the worst version of it

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't.

Personally, I have never seen the attraction of a Daytona.

If I was going Platinum on a Rolex it would have to be one of the new Day Dates, with fluted bezel.

Master
    Nice dilemma, difficult to choose between the two and I would appreciate both. I would say they are roughly equivalent in terms of heavy hitting-ness within watch circles and that’s also reflected in dealer prices. How hard is the platinum Daytona to get from AD? What level of customer do you have to be to be even considered for one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Nice dilemma, difficult to choose between the two and I would appreciate both. I would say they are roughly equivalent in terms of heavy hitting-ness within watch circles and that’s also reflected in dealer prices. How hard is the platinum Daytona to get from AD? What level of customer do you have to be to be even considered for one of these?
    They are virtually impossible to get from an AD- hence the cheapest on Chrono24 is about £55k over retail price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    If I was going Platinum on a Rolex it would have to be one of the new Day Dates, with fluted bezel.
    Same for me, although I still wouldn't take it over a 5711 if I already had the 5711.

Blog Entries
    The score so far...

I've been reading this thread with some interest and I subjectively thought that the "yes, trade" advice was in the majority.

I decided to tot up the scores where posters had made a clear distinction about whether or not they would trade a 5711 for a Platona. Here is the perhaps surprising result:

Keep 12
    Trade 6

The keepers have it, so far (where a clear opinion on trading was proffered).
    Last edited by markrlondon; 17th June 2022 at 05:30.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    They are virtually impossible to get from an AD- hence the cheapest on Chrono24 is about £55k over retail price.

Most AD's will get 2, maybe 3 allocated per year and unlikely to get one unless you've spent heavy with them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Most AD's will get 2, maybe 3 allocated per year and unlikely to get one unless you've spent heavy with them.
    According to Boring Sandwich these will be got for the price of a Sub by the end of the year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    The score so far...

I've been reading this thread with some interest and I subjectively thought that the "yes, trade" advice was in the majority.

I decided to tot up the scores where posters had made a clear distinction about whether or not they would trade a 5711 for a Platona. Here is the perhaps surprising result:

Keep 12
    Trade 6

The keepers have it, so far (where a clear opinion on trading was proffered).
    Shame we don’t know who have handled both :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    According to Boring Sandwich these will be got for the price of a Sub by the end of the year.
    Optimistic just a tad then!

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Really??

You just come across as a complete fool.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Really??

You just come across as a complete fool.
    lol
    you taking up the bet I offered you on prices?
    Or are you not wanting to risk the £100 to back up your crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    I would have thought that a person with the ability to buy a watch at £55k over retail would be the same person with the ability to have a big spend list at an AD and therefore have an option to buy one at retail. Hard to fathom a difference between the two even thought seems that there must be one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I would have thought that a person with the ability to buy a watch at £55k over retail would be the same person with the ability to have a big spend list at an AD and therefore have an option to buy one at retail. Hard to fathom a difference between the two even thought seems that there must be one.
    Yeah previously I guess that would of been the case but I think even the precious metal watches have a wait list as supply is so limited.

Last year I enquired about a Rose Gold Skydweller and got fobbed off

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Or maybe even the wealthy object to having buy a load of watches they don't want in order to be considered for eligibility to buy the ones they do?

M

Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?