closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steeldive Tuna

Steeldive Tuna

6 months in and i really think this is a lot of watch for the money. Loving the way the bezel lume is aging but a little disappointed that the face lume isn't aging in the same way.......but its not spoiling the relationship. Build quality and materials are excellent, time keeping is astounding; if anyone is considering one of these i would highly recommend it!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spencer Lee; 10th June 2022 at 13:34.

That looks great - but I’m a bit concerned that the bezel lume has aged at all - especially in 6 months. Was under the impression that modern luminova was colour stable and shouldn’t fade even after decades of use, unlike Tritium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    A bit shocked by that lume, I have two bronze Steeldives and also had a sumo and none of mine show that ageing in over a year of ownership
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Luminova discolouring means there is water getting in to the lume.
    It should not age or discolour at all let alone 6 months in.
    Still as long as you like it, that’s all that matters
    It is a cheaper watch after all.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 10th June 2022 at 12:55.

It’ll be worth a fortune in ten years, like a tropical dial or spider dial.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    That looks great - but I’m a bit concerned that the bezel lume has aged at all - especially in 6 months. Was under the impression that modern luminova was colour stable and shouldn’t fade even after decades of use, unlike Tritium

Its glowing like Chernobyl in the dark with no sign of fading but, as you can see from the pic, its fading into a vintage brown in the light. In the dark its is what i would call a warm off-white colour whilst the lume on the face is a cool blue; does that make sense? Anyway, just refreshed my memory and on the site it says the face is C3 Luminova but doesn't say what the bezel lume is.
    Last edited by Spencer Lee; 10th June 2022 at 13:35.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    A bit shocked by that lume, I have two bronze Steeldives and also had a sumo and none of mine show that ageing in over a year of ownership
    As a Leeds fan in Hull, i'm tempted to invite you down to Queen Street to see in person! MOT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It’ll be worth a fortune in ten years, like a tropical dial or spider dial.
    LOL, not according to my luck!

I can’t really see the point of these as a seiko tuna is a pretty cheap watch to begin with, I had a couple of seiko tunas and definitely a lot of watch for the money

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I can’t really see the point of these as a seiko tuna is a pretty cheap watch to begin with, I had a couple of seiko tunas and definitely a lot of watch for the money
    Steeldives are mechanical, most Seiko Tunas, I believe, are quartz (whether you consider that a pro or con).

Steeldives have sapphire crystals, Seiko mineral ones.

And while low end Tunas aren't expensive watches, you can get Steeldive Tunas for well under £100, a Seiko will be multiples of that.

If you're happy with the overt copy appearance, they make a lot of sense.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I agree with Snowman, they do offer better specs that the original in some criteria but I would also counter that £700 - £800 to buy a Seiko Tuna is a lot of out lay for some people. Especially when you consider the deceptive nature of the Tunas spec and size, I bought a sharky tuna (remember those?) to try the size first. Is it as good as the Seiko? No! but for the money it’s hard to criticise them If you don’t mind a facsimile of the real deal.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 11th June 2022 at 10:34.

Unless you’re thinking of the recent solar ‘pretend tunas’ then they certainly aren’t a cheap watch imho. Not every Seiko with a shroud is a Tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I agree with Snowman... I would also counter that £700 - £800 to buy a Seiko Tuna is a lot of out lay for some people...
    Added to which, I would argue that the 'Tuna' on the engineer bracelet is the pick of the Steeldives.

I've had two (regretted selling the first, so bought another) and both are excellent watches.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

Have you used it in water? Maybe reacts to seawater or chlorine (not superluminova, just the way Steeldive have done it)

Master
    Blog Entries

Contact Steeldive

Contact Steeldive and ASK for a new bezel etc.