closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Barn find in the UK

Blog Entries

Barn find in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    OMG if he says that once , if i re watch it will be on mute , watched him a few times and he discovers quite a few of theses sites , but am surprised at his lack of car knowledge especially classic cars , MGBs are not rare ( may be the v8 one he missed might be the best of), also i am not always comfortable with him going round someone property without permission he did a poll were he asked if people thought it was ok to access without permission i said no!.
    that said bloody hell what a waste of good cars , not interested in values just such a shame they are left to rot / deteriorate like that, plenty still worth saving even now,
    the panther was a stand out for me !

Grand Master
    I didn’t see an MGB V8 although I confess I didn’t gave the patience to watch (and listen) to the whole thing, he referred to an MG with a bonnet bulge but that would signify a probable V8 conversion which is likely to be a dogs breakfast (many are).

Sad to see cars just left outside to rot, in a cold wet climate they deteriorate rapidly and end up worth very little.

Like many U tubers this guy likes his own voice too much and prolongs what should be a 10 minute feature into almost half an hour. A good U Tube presentation needs to be sharp and concise otherwise I lose interest rapidly.........maybe its an age thing.

I'm not sure which is the biggest crime. Keeping the cars in such a shocking state, or trespassing to view them.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I didn’t see an MGB V8 although I confess I didn’t gave the patience to watch (and listen) to the whole thing, he referred to an MG with a bonnet bulge but that would signify a probable V8 conversion which is likely to be a dogs breakfast (many are).

Sad to see cars just left outside to rot, in a cold wet climate they deteriorate rapidly and end up worth very little.
    Or a straight 6 MG-C

My ex boss had two Jaguar E types stored under hey stacks on his farm for a long while.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Or a straight 6 MG-C

They are sought after, they are rare, and have the bulge on the bonnet.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    They are sought after, they are rare, and have the bulge on the bonnet.
    theres a dark navy one parked up near my partners place, looks to be a running survivor and not restored.

Dare I suggest that the straight four cylinder MGB GT is the pick of the bunch? The C is too nose heavy, as is the V8, and neither give an appreciable real-world performance hike over the 1800 to justify the extra fuel usage (although both sound glorious).

What do I drive? Ah, yes, a 1967 MGB GT 1800, bog standard. Ahem. I may be a little biased then…

Haven’t watched the video, but from the comments on style, could I guess that it’s the bearded explorer? If it is, I can understand where you’re all coming from.

I shall go and watch it now ;)

Grand Master
    Much as I like the MGC, for reasons I can`t explain, by any objective assessment it's a poor car and it was poor in it's day. High gearing coupled with an engine that doesn`t breathe properly is a recipe for disappointment, add in the nose-heavy handling and poor fuel consumption and it's easy to see why the car was a failure. They can be modified and sorted out to make a nice fast classic, but that takes a lot of money. I`ve driven a couple of standard examples and they're very uninspiring, if I`d bought one I would've spent a lot making it into the car it should've been.

The V8 is a far better proposition apart from the weak gearbox. Contrary to popular belief it isn`t nose-heavy and weighs little more than the 4 cylinder car.

Have to agree that a well-sorted 4 cylinder MGB is the best of them all. My 1970- roadster has an uprated balanced engine bored out to 1870 with a gas-flowed head, mild fast road cam and sports exhaust. With around 90bhp at the back wheels its no road-burner but it'll get to 60 in under 10 seconds and sounds nice doing it. These cars have to be judged in context, they're very old designs but have bags of character and they're easy to maintain. I`ve owned an early TR6 and I prefer my MG as an all-rounder; the significantly better fuel consumption is a boon too in these crazy times!
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 7th June 2022 at 23:00.