closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone wearing their wedding ring on a chain?

Anyone wearing their wedding ring on a chain?

I find wearing a ring quite aggravating over a prolonged period and was considering alternate options. Has anyone come up with interesting ways to keep their wedding ring on them?

Maybe Frodo had it nailed?

Last edited by M1011; 8th September 2023 at 02:31.

I just bypass the middle man and wear the chain around my neck.

Just don't wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I just bypass the middle man and wear the chain around my neck.
    I think that's the plan

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Just don't wear it.
    A reasonable option!
    Last edited by M1011; 8th September 2023 at 02:32.

Master
    Took mine off years ago and stuck it in a drawer somewhere.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Talk it over with your wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk it over with your wife.

I've been married for 13 years now and only ever wear it for social events (She normally puts it on my dresser)
    Maybe a better option.....

Master
    My ex wife wears hers on a different finger. She preferred the ring to me. She may have a point.

I find the ball and chain enough without wearing a ring :)

Master
    Found mine felt unusual for a few weeks, but then became accustomed to it. Now it feels strange if I'm not wearing it.

Might just need some time to become accustomed?

27 years wed last month, haven't had/worn one the whole time, maybe that's partly why.

Master
    I got married in June 1971 and the ring has never been off my hand for even one second. We are still going strong after nearly 51 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I got married in June 1971 and the ring has never been off my hand for even one second. We are still going strong after nearly 51 years.
    She is a Hero!

Blog Entries
    Good man Mick and congratulations!

Master
    Talk to her and listen to the bits she doesn’t say as well, she might say it’s OK but is really seething . Never had one for my first wedding, second one she hid it before I left, third one hopefully will stay on a finger. Personally I wouldn’t wear it on a chain.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Been married for donkey's years but never had a wedding ring.

My Mrs lost hers years ago and bashed the stone out of her engagement ring so it went for scrap and she just wears a couple of others out of her jewellery box.

We are so romantic!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Got mine caught on the side board of a truck as I jumped off, bending it and also bruising my finger in the process. Took me ages to get it off and it was so badly damaged that I weighed it in for scrap (helped to pay for daughters wedding!). I bought a stainless thingy which I wear if going out on a do, but "Dos'" are thin on the ground these days. We've been together over 50 years, so that is what is important! Sorry to all jewellers on the forum! Mrs T wears hers (and all the others I have bought her!).

Grand Master
    Definitely wouldn’t put the ring on a chain around my neck!

I prefer to wear a wedding ring but always remove it when doing DIY work or gym-ing. It pays to ensure that the ring isn’t too tight. Also think its wise to avoid broad rings or anything with a pattern, the pattern will eventually wear so a smooth ring (easy to re- polish) makes more sense.

Fingers generally get fatter with age (god knows why) so it might be necessary to have a ring made larger as the years tick by, a ring that’s too tight could be hard to remove in a hurry, I got a wasp sting on my finger and had the presence of mind to get the ring off immediately before the finger swelled.

Get it resized. I don't even notice I'm wearing mine, so something seems amiss with yours if it's causing you grief.

Thanks for all the suggestions
    Last edited by M1011; 8th September 2023 at 02:33.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Married in September 2020, so it's not a new thing. I guess I'm noticing it more now things are mostly back to normal, as I don't wear it in the house.
    Maybe wear it all the time and you'll get used to it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    My ex wife wears hers on a different finger. She preferred the ring to me. She may have a point.
    Mine had the (like huge) stone from her engagement ring made into a pendant.
    Here's hoping that she doesn't choke on the chain. Ever.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    That's a good stretch. My parents will be married 60 years in October. I admire my mother's staying power.

Craftsman
    I don’t wear mine. Only put it on for special occasions. So far wifey hasn’t complained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped wearing mine for a few years, but recently had it re-sized for our 25th anniversary. I take mine off a fair bit as I’m left handed and don’t want to damage it - it does get in the way if I’m using tools. Before having it resized I thought about putting it on a chain but tbh chains aren’t really my thing. I do suspect that you’d need the same hardness to f gold for the ring and the chain otherwise one would wear the other I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Just don't wear it.
    This!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    That's a good stretch. My parents will be married 60 years in October. I admire my mother's staying power.

Then they are a very special couple.

I read something somewhere on google that 5% of married couples get to the 50th anniversary. However the figure plummets to 0.6% for a 60th.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    ... I thought similar and have bought two cheaper non-precious rings in different sizes. A Tungsten one a size up and a Silver one two sizes up. To be fair the size up is a more comfortable fit, but they all bother me soon enough, so I think I'm the problem not the ring!
    You're way ahead of me. (o; Could it be the shape (some dig into fingers more than others)? Maybe I got lucky with mine. I don't see an issue with wearing it around your neck (just need to open your shirt at the bar when ladies start chatting you up...). I reckon I'd opt for a non-metal chain, but can't say I've thought about it much. Good luck!

I read something somewhere on google that 5% of married couples get to the 50th anniversary. However the figure plummets to 0.6% for a 60th.
    I'd wager more likely death than divorce for that post-Golden drop.

I don’t need a ring to know I’m married 😂

Bunch of lightweights
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Thank you Mick, they are, and of course extremely special to me. My father has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and has been generally unwell recently, so I pray that they will reach 60 years wed this October.
    I hope that you and your bride reach this same significant milestone.

Master
    I’ve been married 37 yrs, got fed up with the ring about 25 yrs ago and stopped wearing it then cashed it in when gold prices were good. Doesn’t seem to have affected the marriage, I still do as I’m told

Rarely wear mine, I t’s usually in a drawer somewhere. Only really wear it for occasions a few times per year but I have once or twice deliberately asked my wife where it is and say I might start wearing to work for a few week or two as I’m not sure if one of the girls is just being friendly or flirting. Usually gets the desired reaction for a week or two. How she falls for it I’ll never know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Talk to her and listen to the bits she doesn’t say as well, she might say it’s OK but is really seething .
    "Fine. It's fine, really".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Rarely wear mine, I t’s usually in a drawer somewhere. Only really wear it for occasions a few times per year but I have once or twice deliberately asked my wife where it is and say I might start wearing to work for a few week or two as I’m not sure if one of the girls is just being friendly or flirting. Usually gets the desired reaction for a week or two. How she falls for it I’ll never know.
    Haha. Always worn mine only for social occasions as I've never forgotten watching a mate pull his finger out at the knuckle when catching a ring on a goal frame net hook. My wife would prefer I wore it more often, which is lovely but not happening.

Master
    Blog Entries

Same here ... although were are only at 23 years ... I'm not even sure how easy is would be to get off now as it was very tight over the finger joint (knuckle?)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    I don’t wear mine. Only put it on for special occasions. So far wifey hasn’t complained

I don’t wear mine but never even considered it for special occasions. To be honest, my watches hardly come out for special occasions either.

Each to their own of course but what’s the point of having one if never worn.
    As for special occasions, usually just a simple band of gold - not like nice jewellery or a watch that adds to the occasion.
    As for someone who part-funded a wedding with one - must have been a very large ring or an inexpensive wedding! Was going to weigh mine to check value of the gold but can’t get it off…

Master
    Took mine off when hand sanitizer became a thing, can’t see it ever going back on to be honest

This arrived today, will give it a try.
    I must remember to keep a careful eye out for cloaked riders