closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Scarcity of the Tudor BB Chrono and a graduation

Scarcity of the Tudor BB Chrono and a graduation

I've been into every Tudor dealer I can find recently to try and find a new Tudor Black Bay Chronograph. No joy anywhere. Last one I went in (DM in Manchester yesterday) hadn't seen one in nine months. So, I was really grateful to pick up this one (as new) from a member here recently. I've taken it off the leather bund (if anyone would like that please make me an offer; I think it is lightly worn) and put it on a new RubberB strap (black/red). I like the look, especially as I'm giving it to my 21 year old son for his graduation next month. I think it will suit a young man rather well.

Has anyone else noticed the scarcity of this watch at the moment? Any other pics of the watch dressed up or down?

Last edited by jpjsavage; 2nd June 2022 at 17:20.

Master
    What a beautiful gift. Get a nice black vintage looking rally strap for it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Tudor.

I think these have been scarce since launch - no idea why this model in particular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I asked about Tudor supply when I was in my local AD the other day and they said it had been slow over the last year or two, especially the white chrono on bracelet (as many have experienced I’m sure). They were however very optimistic about future supply towards the end of this year and said they were confident to start to catch up with demand. The obvious response to that would have been to ask why they were so positive but I was too distracted drooling over the Grand Seiko display to engage my brain!

Master

Scarcity of the Tudor BB Chrono and a graduation

I was offered both black or white versions two weeks again and went for the white version. I returned it last week as the fingers did not line up. When researching I found several references to other owners having same issues. Need to check the chrono resets to zero and the date change is crisp.

Last edited by joe narvey; 2nd June 2022 at 21:30.

Just got mine this evening from a friend at a decent saving off of list!
    So far over the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I was offered both black or white versions two weeks again and went for the white version. I returned it last week as the fingers did not line up. When researching I found several references to other owners having same issues. Need to check the chrono resets to zero and the date change is crisp.

That's poor QC without doubt.

How long has this model been out...2-years? Never seen it in a store. Considering many other Tudor models are abundant, Tudor have got to be restricting supply of particular models. I'd bet it's not produced in the same numbers that say a BB41 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Just got mine this evening from a friend at a decent saving off of list!
    So far over the moon!

Looks great! Many congratulations. I've not got a bracelet for my son's one but I think the rubber strap will be perfect for what he wants. We can pick up a bracelet later if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Looks great! Many congratulations. I've not got a bracelet for my son's one but I think the rubber strap will be perfect for what he wants. We can pick up a bracelet later if needed.
    The rubber strap looks great..I’m keen to get one. Initial thoughts are it’s a superb daily beater and great looking. I hope your son is as pleased as me!

Could it be due to a restriction in supply of the Breitling movement? (Which I'm really not a fan of btw)

Craftsman
    Took around 7 months to arrive for me.
    Like it on the Rubber B

Journeyman
    I waited 12 months for a Black face from a WoS branch and they had only had 2 Black face Chrono on a bracelet since launch they told me.

These came up in conversation when I was in Mallory in Bath yesterday, and they quoted a 2 year wait which really surprised me.

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    These came up in conversation when I was in Mallory in Bath yesterday, and they quoted a 2 year wait which really surprised me.

Sent using Tapatalk
    That's crazy. There must a supply restriction with specifically this model. I guess it could be the movement issue as described above, or it could purposely be restricted to maintain it as a desireable model.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post

Sent using Tapatalk
    My local AD has indicated they will be receiving these in greater numbers very shortly as per someone else has also mentioned above. I think it was something to do with a new factory from Tudor.

I have to say I became a bit (meh) with watches over the last year and then about three weeks ago I saw this on a YouTube video, I have to say Tudor have smashed it with these. I’ve asked my local dealer about them and he said it’s a waiting game but they have taken my details.

Only thing is do you go black or white, the Panda is the one catching my eye but also the more I look at the black dial I think that’s equally as nice…

Thinking one of these and the BB58 is a perfect two watch collection…

I got a black dial a couple of days after release. Lovely watch but ultimately had to move it on as it wore a bit too big for me plus I couldn't get the bracelet to fit properly.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    I got a black dial a couple of days after release. Lovely watch but ultimately had to move it on as it wore a bit too big for me plus I couldn't get the bracelet to fit properly.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    I'm surprised at how long it is taking Tudor to update their watches with the T-fit bracelet. I certainly wouldn't be happy buying one of their models without it at the moment.

I don’t get the fuss about the new T-fit bracelets. I did have a Rolex with a comfort link a few years ago, but it wasn’t a game changer. I’ve managed with normal bracelets for years now so I’m not all that bothered. I did read a review of the Tudor Ranger moaning that the bracelet was either too loose or too tight whatever the reviewer did with the clasp!

Quite a few on the bay atm some selling for less than RRP, so tempted to get one but think I’d like to try one on first which is easier said than done in any stockists my way.

Craftsman
    I’ve been offered 3 so far from various ADs, So don’t think they’re as hard to come by as once was.

I have a panda and really enjoy it.