closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New watch advice please!

Master

New watch advice please!

Unfortunately due to sudden hearing issues my no.1 hobby of Hi-Fi will be no more so after I’ve flogged some high end kit I thought I’d rekindle my off and on timepiece interest.
    I have a Grand Seiko Snowflake + a Glassutte Senator Date Moonphase but fancy something easy to read in the dark. So far I’ve come up with a Longines Spirit Zulu Time, an Oris Aquis 400 or maybe a Rolex Explorer white faced. Don’t want a black dial so not a Tudor I guess. Other options and thought much appreciated. Wouldn’t exceed the Explorer on price. Don’t want used.

Easy to read in the dark,

Seiko then, their lume is superb and they have so many models.

If you want crazy lume, I’d personally go for a blue dialled Pelagos, then you’d have enough change left over for the Longines if you fancied it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your budget affords you lots of options if you’re talking explorer II money, particularly at market value.

If you’re looking for super lume, the easy answer is some sort of dive watch if you’re up for that (your two other watches are a bit more dressy). At the budget, I’d be looking at an SMP300. Pelagos is a good shout too.

If dive watches are out, then a field watch / pilot’s watch? Maybe something from IWC/ Sinn / Damasko?

Journeyman
    Hey if you don't want a black dial but want great lume then a fully lumed dial might interest you. Could look at a yema maxi fully lumed dial, or the well known flieger brands tend to make full lume options.

There is the nomos autobahn aswell, not so much a full lume dial but it does have unique lume application!

Master
    Good shouts here - thanks a lot!

How about a Tudor Pelagos fxd

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

There’s also the omega ploproff which is a great unusual watch

White dial seamaster would be a good option

Craftsman
    They're not really my cup of tea, but Panerai Luminor has got to be about the best you can do when it comes to being legible in the dark surely?

I know Ball watches sell themselves on their lume as well I think.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    They're not really my cup of tea, but Panerai Luminor has got to be about the best you can do when it comes to being legible in the dark surely?

I know Ball watches sell themselves on their lume as well I think.
    I was looking at Panerai but research seems to show that they’ve altered their movements in a way that suggests they’re more interested in profit than quality.

Journeyman
    Latest Omega SMP 300 white dial. Amazing lume and a quality watch.

New watch advice please!

Panerai are very legible in the dark but if you a’re not after a black dial it ’does not help…
    For a white dial I’ would say one of the full lume damasko, extremely legible, well made…
    Something like a da37/da47

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Unfortunately due to sudden hearing issues my no.1 hobby of Hi-Fi will be no more so after I’ve flogged some high end kit I thought I’d rekindle my off and on timepiece interest.
    I have a Grand Seiko Snowflake + a Glassutte Senator Date Moonphase but fancy something easy to read in the dark. So far I’ve come up with a Longines Spirit Zulu Time, an Oris Aquis 400 or maybe a Rolex Explorer white faced. Don’t want a black dial so not a Tudor I guess. Other options and thought much appreciated. Wouldn’t exceed the Explorer on price. Don’t want used.
    Sit down friend, I have some bad news to tell you...