closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone from here work in IT at The Marsden?

Anyone from here work in IT at The Marsden?

I know its a very long shot, but hey it’s worth a try.

My young nephew is going through it at the moment, so I bought him a new xbox to cheer him up. It worked. After having it for two days he was stable enough to be transferred from George’s to The Marsden, I’m not crediting that to the Xbox purchase. Unfortunately the Marsden’s network doesn’t like Xboxs, the one that belongs to the ward won’t connect either. Phones etc connect just fine.

He has followed all of the online advice that I have sent him apart from resetting the router. His mum did ask the ward if that was possible but they understandably said no. He used a phone hotspot to set it as his primary ‘Home’ Xbox and it worked fine. Using the phone is not a long term solution. He’s going to be there a while.

He has changed Nat type and done everything else we can see to do, so I think it would really take someone with onsite network access to resolve, we do seem to have exhausted all other avenues. Please PM if you can help.

Cheers

Matt

They probably (definitely) have an IT dept with a ticket system, and whist this is usually for staff IT probs, see if you can email them
    IT support inside the NHS is often quite helpful and they manage big intranets.

Even once connected may well need specific ports open for different games which are closed by default.

Master
    How old is he Matt?
    I'm sure I've a few games I can send him with decent 1-player campaigns that will occupy him while the X-Box Live isn't connecting (unless it's an xbox X, I've a feeling they need a wi-fi connection and regular system updates even if you're just playing off the disk.

I definitely feel your frustration. This is why I've gone back a generation to my 360 and the PS2... a live connection shouldn't be necessary just to bash a few buttons and switch your brain off for a couple of hours.

Master
    Have they tried calling the switchboard and asking to be put through to IT?

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    How old is he Matt?
    I'm sure I've a few games I can send him with decent 1-player campaigns that will occupy him while the X-Box Live isn't connecting (unless it's an xbox X, I've a feeling they need a wi-fi connection and regular system updates even if you're just playing off the disk.

I definitely feel your frustration. This is why I've gone back a generation to my 360 and the PS2... a live connection shouldn't be necessary just to bash a few buttons and switch your brain off for a couple of hours.
    Thank you so much for the very kind offer. I bought him the game pass so he has lots of games to play at the moment. He downloaded them at George’s. Now that he has managed to set it as his ‘Home’ console he can play offline. He can’t play his beloved FIFA.

Thanks for all of the other replies. I will try to get in touch with the IT dept.

It turns out that they have blocked access for games consoles because of ‘safeguarding concerns’.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The required ports and URLs are blocked by default on our proxy (NHS quango)

We'd not open them as a matter of policy as there is no legitimate business requirement - internet bandwidth is prioritised for business use. We actually had to block iPlayer during Wimbledon as internet access at lunchtimes (especially during Andy Murray matches) would slow down to unacceptable levels.