closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VAG cheat device payout

Blog Entries

VAG cheat device payout

So, anyone else in line for a payout?

I think through a thread on here I joined the class action some time back and all claimants are in line for £1700

I’m sure Slater and Gordon are taking a fat lump, but, I can’t say I’m overly bothered…!

Anyway…. Better than a kick in the plums!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

I think through a thread on here I joined the class action some time back and all claimants are in line for £1700

I’m sure Slater and Gordon are taking a fat lump, but, I can’t say I’m overly bothered…!

As you say,better than a kick in the squishy bits.

I’m getting the payment too for my 2013 Skoda Superb diesel I’ve had since 2014.

Boohoo

Why did I miss this. 2011 touran owner. Owned since 2014

Master
    Only £350 coming my way according to the Slater Gordon email I received earlier.
    Last edited by Mr_Mac; 25th May 2022 at 21:25.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Boohoo

Why did I miss this. 2011 touran owner. Owned since 2014
    Can you not still claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Only £350 coming my way according to the Slater Gordon email I received earlier.
    How come? Does it vary on length of ownership?

Master
    How come? Does it vary on length of ownership?
    Not sure to be honest, I owned the car in question over 2 years.

Master

Did they charge you an ‘ATE Premium’. Check the paperwork and if they did, head over to https://www.checkmylegalfees.com/ as they have S&G in their sights over the level of commission they take and shouldn’t.

Craftsman
    Is this something thats now closed for potential claims, if not then maybe worth me pursuing as I've had numerous new VW commercial vans over the last few years

Master
    I’ve read elsewhere that S&Gs fees are capped at 30%, but 30% of £193m still sounds like a nice little earner.

I claimed through clean air claims. They sent me an email this evening saying they are not part of the group claim so no payout at the Mo
    But will eventually get something

S&G's own settlement guide says their stake is capped at 30%. Good news for the claimants. [For whatever reason, the Scottish case is separate and ongoing.]

Lots of useful info here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tr...-legal-claims/

BREAKING (5.30pm, Wednesday 25 May 2022): England & Wales Volkswagen Group claim settled out of court

The original England & Wales claim against Volkswagen Group (VW), involving some vehicles fitted with the EA189 engine, has today been settled out of court and will now NOT be going ahead to a full trial.
    According to the law firms leading the claim, VW will make a payment of £193m to the 91,000 claimants (with a separate contribution being made by VW towards the claimants' legal costs and other fees).
    We're looking into the details of the settlement and what it means for consumers, and will update this guide when we know more.

I don't understand these claims, have VAG put the cars right? what losses have the owners suffered?

Surely what should have happened is the Manufacturers that lied should pay to put right the environmental or health damage that this caused.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I don't understand these claims, have VAG put the cars right? what losses have the owners suffered?

Surely what should have happened is the Manufacturers that lied should pay to put right the environmental or health damage that this caused.
    I'm in same place.

We have a diesel VW, it was recalled and mended. Complimentary service and warranty was extended.

I think it's bad form chasing them for money. The car has not suffered residual value and the car has been supremely reliable.

Any fines claims should have been ring fenced for environmental purposes, not personal profit.

Blog Entries
    ^^^

Hard to disagree…. But, I’m just trying hard to calculate which part of the £1700 I don’t want!

Equally I did buy the car with half an eye on its environmental impact (Bluemotion model) as well as transporting;

3 x kids
    2 x dogs
    1 x wife

^^^

Hard to disagree…. But, I’m just trying hard to calculate which part of the £1700 I don’t want!

Equally I did buy the car with half an eye on its environmental impact (Bluemotion model) as well as transporting;

3 x kids
    2 x dogs
    1 x wife
    I will take it if you don't want it.

I have grazing fields, so happy to plant a few more trees to offset your impact....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I will take it if you don't want it.

I have grazing fields, so happy to plant a few more trees to offset your impact....
    DM and I’ll get the £1700 across to you immediately…!

Either that or I’ll convert my diesel tank to run on cheese and wine like Charlie !

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I’m sure Volkswagen won’t put their prices up to cover their end.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post

This. Those that are rubbing their hands with glee at this are presumably those who put in multiple PPI claims, and always seem to get whiplash in car accidents...

Either that or I’ll convert my diesel tank to run on cheese and wine like Charlie !
    That is pretty much how I fuel myself nowadays...!