closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Purchasing Baseball tickets from the UK

Journeyman

Purchasing Baseball tickets from the UK

Plea for help! We have a trip to Canada booked for this summer. We thought it would be nice to go see a baseball game at the end of the trip whilst in Toronto. I have tried booking direct on the MLB website, Ticketmaster uk and ticket master Canada but i cant get to the payment stage. We are always met with the same message 'Cant complete on this device, please try logging into your account or try later'. I have tried on mobile, laptop, Ipad and work computer with no joy. we have downloaded the app and setup both UK and Canadian Ticketmaster accounts, logged in via chrome and Firefox still no success. Does anyone have any idea where i might be going wrong?
    Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    A guess: Tried via a VPN with outlet point in Canada?

Master
    Is it an anti-fraud measure by the bank/credit card provider? I’d give them a call.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    A guess: Tried via a VPN with outlet point in Canada?
    I will have to Google what that means, not very techy I'm afraid 😳

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Is it an anti-fraud measure by the bank/credit card provider? I’d give them a call.
    Can't get as far as entering payment details.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fierbois16 View Post
    I will have to Google what that means, not very techy I'm afraid
    A VPN is a 'tunnel' through the Internet which, amongst other things, allows you to appear as if you are in a different country to your actual one. This can help with buying geographically-limited items or items with geographically-variable pricing. In this case, since you are trying to buy a Canadian product, appearing to be in Canada might help.

There are many VPN service providers who provide this for you. I won't list VPN providers but there are loads. For a job like this, the market leaders will probably be fine (assuming that using a VPN would actually help, which I can't guarantee of course).

We used https://www.stubhub.com/ with no dramas to purchase tickets for a trip to the US years ago. Got us into the NBA, NHL and some theatre. May have what you need?

Master
    Can you buy direct from the club? Admittedly more than 10 years ago but that’s what I did a couple of times.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Learner View Post
    We used https://www.stubhub.com/ with no dramas to purchase tickets for a trip to the US years ago. Got us into the NBA, NHL and some theatre. May have what you need?
    Thanks, I saw stubb hub but the reviews were mixed. I may try it if all else fails

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Can you buy direct from the club? Admittedly more than 10 years ago but that’s what I did a couple of times.
    The link takes you to ticketmaster and that's where the pop up says we can't process from this device etc. Didn't think it would be this hard. Frustrating

Drop the club an email explaining your issues and they might sort you out

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    No Joy on line and just a standard reply to my email. Hope a 20 min call to Canada isn't too expensive! 4 tickets secured to see the blue Jay's v Cleveland warriors. Just need to learn the rules now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fierbois16 View Post
    Just need to learn the rules now.
    Good luck with that!

Been twice and there seemed to be about 15 minutes of actual "onfield" action in four hours. Lots of fun people watching, etc., so definitely worth going. Enjoy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Learner View Post
    I always use stub hub for tickets in the US. Pay with a Revolut too. Just removes the pain.