closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wireless in ear headphones recommendations?

Wireless in ear headphones recommendations?

Looking for a decent pair mainly for audio books and you tube etc for an upcoming holiday.
    Ideally quick delivery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of pixel buds and they've been great

If you want true wireless I'd go Lypertek Z5's.

https://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/pro...c5c42de5&_ss=r

Fabulous little things - you won't regret it. I use mine on the tube and the noise cancelling is more than good enough on everything bar the loudest parts of the Jubilee line, which is so loud even my huge over-ear active noice cancellers are no match for. On that basis I've forgiven these for that shortcoming.

Don't wear headphones if you're driving (unless it's a Corsa and you pair them with a baseball cap).

Sadly RHA are no more. If I was buying now the choice would be Sony of Jabra.
    F.T.F.A.

I have a pair of these and they're brilliant.

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-gb/v...85-000871.html

Master
    Take a look at Jabra, I've an older pair of 65t's which get used in the gym and at work constantly. Still going strong, great sound and great sound cancelling (which can be altered or switched off all together).

Master
    Sony WF-1000XM4 have been easily the best ones I’ve ever had.
    The noise cancelling is better than anything else out there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Take a look at Jabra, I've an older pair of 65t's which get used in the gym and at work constantly. Still going strong, great sound and great sound cancelling (which can be altered or switched off all together).
    Never could get the fit perfect with Jabras.
    While in gym or doing sports one of them might just fall out at any time.
    Found out that Bose QuietComfort Earbuds were excellent for gym for me.

Jabra here.

Master
    If you’re connecting to an Apple device, I’d just go for AirPods. They work seamlessly with the iPhone/iPad and sound great. I don’t like noise cancelling earbuds with the rubber bungs, they make me feel odd. Plus the AirPods are easily available in Argos, Amazon, etc for around £109.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Sony WF-1000XM4 have been easily the best ones I’ve ever had.
    The noise cancelling is better than anything else out there.
    I have these and they are fantastic….

Craftsman

Wireless in ear headphones recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    Another vote for these from me.

As an aside, I trawled and tried the market for a pair that I could use to deaden the night noises made by my wife whilst sleeping, and specifically buds that would provide noise cancelling independently, and without music, and be used singly, ie just one ear at a time.

These do exactly that, meaning I can use each on its own, or both as a pair.

Hope this helps!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    Another vote for these from me.

As an aside, I trawled and tried the market for a pair that I could use to deaden the night noises made by my wife whilst sleeping, and specifically buds that would provide noise cancelling independently, and without music, and be used singly, ie just one ear at a time.

These do exactly that, meaning I can use each on its own, or both as a pair.

Hope this helps!
    This is great point.
    Jabra or bose can only do the right earbud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    Me too. Quite astonishingly good NC, near as good as Bose over the ears h/phones.

Another vote for Sony, I have the XM3s and the sound quality is great.

Master
    Shure

TW2 wireless adaptors

Plus your choice of SE headphones . I use 535s but the 235 or aionic equivalents are also pretty good for less .

Craftsman
    Anker Dot 2. Use them everyday for dog walk audiobooks and podcasts and Spotify music on runs. Won't win any prizes but very decent and reasonably priced at less than £50.

What phone do you use or what are you connecting them to . I use galaxy bud pros for my Samsung phone as they just work . My kids use the air pods pros as they are all apple fans.

I have Bose NC earbuds. They are bulky but very light and very comfortable. Makes my commute considerably quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester View Post
    What phone do you use or what are you connecting them to . I use galaxy bud pros for my Samsung phone as they just work . My kids use the air pods pros as they are all apple fans.
    I’m on an Iphone. never been a fan of air pods. wanting something different.

Blog Entries
    If you’re after a deal…. I just got some used like new Beats Pro for £85 (RRP £219)

I figured - they’d just work as Apple products…. Was hugely surprised how good they were…. Still some left too

Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones - Apple H1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, 9 Hours Of Listening Time, Sweat Resistant Earbuds, Built-in Microphone - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RB7YH...6100XJE4BBM0W5

Master
    I have Bowers and Wilkins PI4 noise cancelling
    I prefer connected in ear buds so I don't lose them and the battery seems better.

https://www.bowerswilkins.com/en-gb/headphones/pi4

After many attempts at other brands, I continuously come back to apple airpods for all-around quality (and I'm a lifelong android/Google pixel user fwiw)

I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2...https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/momentumtruewireless-2

Can't beat the quality, but I find myself using a pair of Galaxy Buds 2 in preferrence as they wear more comfortably and the case is smaller.

I have some of these soundpeats from Amazon Really impressed with the noise cancelling and easy pairing to my iPhone, and use them for gym, trains , buses and planes. And the great advantage of knowing I won’t feel dreadful if I lose them, as they’re not expensive. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B09...haWwp13NParams
    Last edited by oristyke; 24th May 2022 at 22:07.

Thank you are all the recommendations, had it not been an emergency time wise purchase I may of tried many more, but due to time and the recent amounts of money i’ve spent I ended up with a pair of Air Pods series 3.
    They seem very good so far!
    But given more time I may well opt for a new pair of the Beats Pro they seem awesome but wasn’t too happy butting second and the £220 new was a touch steep atm!

Master
    I prefer true wireless earbuds but do t feel safe with just sticking them in my lug holes, so I usually get something similar to this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GPKX5...T9TC7R75E9Q9XN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Thank you are all the recommendations, had it not been an emergency time wise purchase I may of tried many more, but due to time and the recent amounts of money i’ve spent I ended up with a pair of Air Pods series 3.
    They seem very good so far!
    But given more time I may well opt for a new pair of the Beats Pro they seem awesome but wasn’t too happy butting second and the £220 new was a touch steep atm!

The beats pro were used like new…. The definition is that the box maybe a little scruffy…. The earphones themselves were absolutely untouched

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I prefer true wireless earbuds but do t feel safe with just sticking them in my lug holes, so I usually get something similar to this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GPKX5...T9TC7R75E9Q9XN
    The only true wireless I've had a problem with are airpods (original shape), they would always need constantly pushing back in whilst walking. Never had a problem with anything else - Airpod Pro, Anker, Sennheiser, Galaxy Buds...all absolutely solid in the ear and wouldn't fall out even when running.

Master
    Just picked up a set of these - the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3 - and they are absolutely brilliant! Sound quality is superb, the ANC and Transparency hearthrough works really well, and the microphone pickup for Zoom calls as good/even better than my previous Jabra Elite75Ts. Comfort and security in the ear feel better too.

I am pretty tough on my earphones and they are often in my ears at least 4+ hours a day for running and the gym. The fit and comfort are better than I expected and the Sennheisers are also more diminutive than the equivalent Sony WF-1000MX4s which I found too big. What swayed me to these was also the provision of button control of volume on the earphones themselves, without having to use the phone/computer itself.

If you are in the market for new ANC wireless earphones, I can recommend these. I even like the case they come in - it certainly feels more premium than the Sony or Jabra offerings.

https://www.sennheiser-hearing.com/e...YaAs0NEALw_wcB