closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water resistance ratings vs reality

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post

This video was an eye opener for a humble gshock.
    Incredible! Thanks for sharing that.

How often do you read about watches that have failed under water? I don’t recall seeing anything on here for a couple of years, maybe more. So either nobody is taking theirs into the pool or plenty do and have no issues. Or maybe I’m missing the threads!

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    How often do you read about watches that have failed under water? I don’t recall seeing anything on here for a couple of years, maybe more. So either nobody is taking theirs into the pool or plenty do and have no issues. Or maybe I’m missing the threads!
    It does happen, my 100m Luminox failed a month or two ago. I'd swam with it on many times, no idea why it suddenly leaked. I did a quick wrist glance to see how long I had been in and realised it had stopped and was literally full of water.
    When I got home, I removed the battery and the movement and placed it all under a warm lamp for an hour or two. Popped the battery and stem back in and it started ticking merrily away. Amazed, I assumed it was dead. Still running today, gained a couple of seconds over the intervening several weeks. It won't be worn in the pool again obviously.
    This tale prevents me from ever punting it out on sc lol.