closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: At last! A G-Shock I like!

At last! A G-Shock I like!

As per title really!

Ive never had a g-shock which I "liked". Ive bought a few over the years (all on rubber straps)..but didn't really like any of them.

I saw a lovely red G Shock in the sale corner the other day. I didn't get it (it was very keenly priced and went fast!) but commented on the post, asking if they are "easy to read". The answer seemed to be a resounding yes! I had a p.m. from a kind member, informing me where they could be had for a decent price.

Fast forward to today. I now have the watch below..I'm quite surprised how much I actually like it! Easy to read for my 62 year old eyes, Quite comfy too..bonus was..i could even adjust the bracelet myself! Saved me a fiver and a trip to the local jewellers!

Ive always thought, Id never have a g-shock I would like....I was wrong!

(Hmmn I don't think I will be converted to N.A.T.O. straps though! lol).

Master
    I had one and sold it but have been looking again to buy another.

Sometimes they have been on offer with 50% off which makes them a steal but more recently 25% seems the norm.

Just a great watch, at the right price. Also, I only like square G shocks, as they remind me of the original project tough watches.
    It's just a matter of time...

When I was a young man, I did actually buy a digital watch.

It was in 1978, I (I was 18 ) I was working in a hotel , near the alps. On my day off, would sometimes go to Munich. On one such trip, I did actually buy a digital watch (well it was 1978! And it was like? Modern/futuristic blah blah blah!). I seem to remember it costing me something like 100 odd marks!

I bought it from a little booth in Munich train station if all places! I cant remember what happened to it..At the time, it was quite a bit of money (well it was to me then!!).

How times change! I also remember, on the way to the pub/village, from the hotel, there was a Ford dealers. They had a brown Mark 4 Cortina on proud display there...I remember vividly! , every time I walked past, thinking would I ever be able to afford a car like that!! Times certainly (thank god!) do change. The 70s though, weren't the best of times financially for many many people!

I partly sold the red one because my 53 year old eyes aren’t great at reading negative displays! - my son has the steel positive one you have just bought and I find it a lot better. If I’m honest I’ve never got on with negative ones and my eyesight is still pretty good - I hoped the all metal squares - which have a clearer STN lcd apparently - would be a big improvement but contrary to many posters on various fora I still found it far inferior to a positive display. Enjoy your new G!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's decent.

I have one of these as my holiday watch. I absolutely adore it, and it’s so comfy on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app