closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More Rolex in SC recently?

Master

More Rolex in SC recently?

Is it just me noticing this?

It seemed that a sports Rolex was a rare phenomenon in SC the last couple of years.
    The last couple of weeks I have seen a flurry of desirable models being offered?

Has the bubble burst? Are people looking to capitalise on over list prices while they still can?

Please discuss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Think this might explain it...Screenshot_20220520-082453.jpg

Master
    Blog Entries
    I guess some people are anticipating tougher times ahead and fancy a cash buffer.

Master
    If that’s the case I’m looking out for a cheap one

Buy the dip!

Grand Master
    Got a Patek 5168G anniversary model that according to C24 is worth £101k + and have got one solid offer at £75k. The PP, AP & Rolex are on a similar slope
    RIAC

Quite a few recently, bit surprising. Could be that people saw a few drama-free sales and it gave them the confidence to use SC instead of other routes? Could also be twitching or life getting in the way of the hobby.

In my case I’m putting the money straight into a different Rolex as 5 digits aren’t for me. Would have traded if I could.

More Rolex in SC recently?

It has been discussed for a few days in the BP.

Two biggest markets in the world are USA and China. One has had up to 30% of its stock market wiped out, and the second is in permanent lockdown.

Just Rolex seller’s trying to get out at the top. But, unfortunately that top was a few months ago.

Master
    Definitely noticed this.

Some sellers have had to reduce their steel sports Rolex in SC which was unheard of a few months ago!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    It has been discussed for a few days in the BP.

Two biggest markets in the world are USA and China. One has had up to 30% of its stock market wiped out, and the second is in permanent lockdown.

Just Rolex seller’s trying to get out at the top. But, unfortunately that top was a few months ago.
    There was always going to be some sort of correction coming.
    I'd estimate 20-25% but I don't see a collapse as the demand in the far east will remain and they won't be able to satisfy that demand for a while yet.
    The greys have tried hard to hold the line but I think they are going to have to accept a bit of a correction.

Master
    Trying to resist schadenfreude where I sit, seeing a little panic at the sillier end of things. Would-be dealers neck-deep in big watches trying to off-load them in my stores. This week one wanting £18,500 for a GMT 126711CHNR and another with two Day-Dates including a rose gold 40nm olive dial, waving a Mappin & Webb valuation for £70,000. RRP is £32,250.
    It will be different from model to model, but the Bitcoin-style hysteria is failing and some models like these are very vulnerable.
    I expect to be helping insurers with a growing number of negotiations for spurious loss / theft claims over the next year or two, as they can be the last resort of the desperate who caught the falling knife.
    I expect the steel professionals to be well insulated from the worst of it.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 22nd May 2022 at 00:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Trying to resist schadenfreude where I sit, seeing a little panic at the sillier end of things. Would-be dealers neck-deep in big watches trying to off-load them in my stores. This week one wanting £18,500 for a GMT 126711CHNR and another with two Day-Dates including a rose gold 40nm olive dial, waving a Mappin & Webb valuation for £70,000. RRP is £32,250.
    It will be different from model to model, but the Bitcoin-style hysteria is failing and some models like these are very vulnerable.
    I expect to be helping insurers with a growing number of negotiations for spurious loss / theft claims over the next year or two, as they can be the last resort of the desperate who caught the falling knife.
    Lol
    How cynical of you.
    To be honest rather than a fraudulent claim I'm expecting the limited businesses to be wound up(bankrupt) with the banks taking the remaining stock and the speculators walking away fairly unscathed as is always the case.
    If I was anyone with a watch on a commission sale I'd be getting it back.
    Just my take on things.

Master
    Why all the fuss? Surely it will be the time to buy so happy days I say.

Time to buy for a few, definitely.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Good to hear.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Similar to stock market and Crypto. The only difference is people still try and sell their watches at yesterday's price.

And still the Rolex keep coming.

I was one of the sellers - shifted 3 Rolex in the last three weeks at decent prices (while I still could) - the three that I paid most over list for. Cash now in the bank and watching the market with interest… but what do I know - I have only ever made a profit on two watches… I almost exclusively sell at a loss… 😀 maybe it’s just a speed bump. I just don’t want to be selling to change when the whole world might be selling if they need cash…

Master
    It’s worth noting the prices are still a LOT higher than they were around 6 months ago. The prices shot up hugely in between and the last 6-8 weeks have seen a slight adjustment.

Still strong prices and the trend line is still up rather than down.

The demand is still there as can be seen from those models that have sold for well over list on this forum recently.

These uncertain times will sort the speculators from the collectors/genuine owners, lot of borrowed money and watches sitting with owners who cannot afford the watch on their wrist but it's all okay when the values keep rising.

Now there is a genuine downturn in living costs those owners cannot get out quick enough, the trend of gold and bi-metal DD/DJ/OP pushed on by Instagram will be the first to implode, lot of wannabe influencers now realising they have to get a real job..

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    It’s worth noting the prices are still a LOT higher than they were around 6 months ago. The prices shot up hugely in between and the last 6-8 weeks have seen a slight adjustment.

Still strong prices and the trend line is still up rather than down.

The demand is still there as can be seen from those models that have sold for well over list on this forum recently.
    I disagree. People are just listing them at higher prices. Not seeing too many selling at these prices.

I think some of these new Instagram based dealers will start to panic a bit soon. They made easy money last year and will have ploughed a lot of that back into stock hoping to make even more. Another 10% drop might leave anyone who spent heavily on stock earlier this year dropping into loss territory just as demand goes down.

On the other hand I don’t expect anyone who bought one watch for their personal use will care that much.

Master
    Might affect those recently speculating but overall as good as you will get across the brands. Anyone with one in their pocket at retail has no worries.