So I recently had a few days away since COVID struck and wanted a watch to suit a variety of environments.

As some of you will know, I’ve been hit by the CWC bug recently, specifically the Fatboy reissue, which is now my favourite watch, it’s just missing one thing - some serious water resistance.

After a tip off that CWC can do customised builds I enquired about a GS sapphire with a Tritium dial. That little circled T vs and L makes a big difference in a dial, giving it a balanced look to my eyes. Well sure enough, they were able to fulfil my request, I found them to be a pleasure to deal with and very helpful.

So, my thoughts. Well, without the acrylic crystal it’s missing that extra element that makes the Fatboy so special, but it has its own charm, and a few days as my only watch certainly has cemented its place as my go anywhere, do anything watch. It is slim but has enough wrist presence, especially on a NATO and feels very solid. It’s subtle enough for any environment, and the Tritium dial makes it just a little bit special compared to the standard offering. Fixed bars are off putting for lots of people I know, but I much prefer them - especially in a situation like this, when it’s good to be able to change straps with no fuss or tools, and in seconds. So on that theme I took with me:
A 20mm CWC Natostretch in green and yellow
A 20mm CWC single pass ribbed in Airforce blue
A 20mm Phoenix NATO in Admiralty Grey
A superb Yellow Dog 19mm black rubber NATO (custom made).

The mix of weather and scenery was a good backdrop for some photos, hope they are enjoyable/useful to anyone considering the watch or straps!