closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ooo, that's nice! Watches you didn't expect to like

Master

Ooo, that's nice! Watches you didn't expect to like

I bumped into a previous boss at work today, he likes watches and I knew he'd been after one, so glancing at his wrist the 'hello!' became, ' what did you get?' and 'ooooii, nice!'. A two Tone yacht master, steel and rose gold. My my, a two Tone watch isn't something I'd expect to like but, ... Gorgeous!' I want one now!

Apparently it took 6 weeks to get, no previous spend, London ad. Bloody tempted!

So what watches have you not given a second thought until seeing for real?

Craftsman
    He was quick to get that in only 6 weeks. I’ve been on my local Laings list for about a year waiting for an Explorer and there’s no sign of anything yet.

Regarding the thread, since being on the waiting list I’ve bought a Smiths Jubilee 25 and await delivery of a White Dial, and I’m wondering if the Explorer will disappoint me when comparing them. So perhaps my thoughts will be “watches I expected to like but didn’t!”

Hublot not a brand I considered but tried a fusion chrono in the shop and ended up loving it and buying it

Bell & Ross BR 03-92 absolutely love wearing mine and it looks a lot smaller on my wrist than you would think. It’s a cracking watch!

Master
    The new Rolex explorer 2, I have never liked the steel fixed bezel..now it's my main watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    He was quick to get that in only 6 weeks. I’ve been on my local Laings list for about a year waiting for an Explorer and there’s no sign of anything yet.

Regarding the thread, since being on the waiting list I’ve bought a Smiths Jubilee 25 and await delivery of a White Dial, and I’m wondering if the Explorer will disappoint me when comparing them. So perhaps my thoughts will be “watches I expected to like but didn’t!”
    Without wanting to turn this into another Rolex thread, he must have been a very very lucky man!
    I'm sure the explorer would be worth the wait now I've seen the yachtie!

Quote Originally Posted by barty9 View Post
    Bell & Ross BR 03-92 absolutely love wearing mine and it looks a lot smaller on my wrist than you would think. It’s a cracking watch!
    I remember trying one of these on years ago, and really being on the fence - I think I ended up with a Breitling B1, but I keep reminiscing about it. It’s one of those I’m probably just going to have to get, just to scratch the itch some time. I seem to remember it being really quite comfy despite my it’s looks.

Had one a few years ago , wish I hadn’t sold it now. I think I’ll get another. It wore really well .

The first time I saw one I almost threw up. Anyway, it’s charms grew on me, and now I wouldn’t part with my black matte ceramic. It’s not what you would call versatile, but it’s thin, easy to wear, and I always feel great when I’m wearing it.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panerai and doxa in general… Spent years hating both brands, not seeing the appeal, now I can’t see myself without it!

Master
    I know what you mean about panerai. I used to think they were ridiculous but now I like quite a few. My wife is still in the 'ridiculous' camp though so I won't be getting one anytime soon 😆

I spent a lot of my watch collecting career being rather ambivalent about Rolex watches. In fact I have a friend with 1016 Explorer, which I always thought was one of the most boring watches I'd ever seen. Scroll forward a decade, and I'm in the happy position of being able to buy a Rolex (2nd hand obvs.) My original choice was an Explorer II (black face). However I saw a Yacht-master (16622) in the shop I was planing to buy an Explorer II from, and as soon as I put it on my wrist, thought exactly "ooo, that's nice". And I bought it dear reader, and have not, for a minute, regretted my choice. It's very comfortable to wear, and looks great IMHO.

A
    Last edited by aamaci; 21st May 2022 at 21:47. Reason: I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I know what you mean about panerai. I used to think they were ridiculous but now I like quite a few. My wife is still in the 'ridiculous' camp though so I won't be getting one anytime soon 😆
    People we are living with that are not afflicted by the watch disease have the ability to see things the way they are, and as a result, find pretty much all the time panerai watches to look ridiculous. My secret to counter that: don’t ask her whether she thinks it looks good or not!

Journeyman
    Grand Seiko SBGA413. I handled it in an AD about a week ago and it really blew me away. I read that they look better in the flesh and I couldn’t agree more. Grand Seiko wasn’t really a brand that I was drawn to but having seen one I totally get it now. That’s another watch added to the want list!