closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: UPS lost parcel - likelihood of it being found?

UPS lost parcel - likelihood of it being found?

I've bought something quite rare and expensive (expensive for what it is, not comparative to the expensive watches we buy!). It's clear it's been 'lost' by UPS. I've raised a claim and will get a refund as paid correctly by PayPal etc.

This has never happened to me before - they've said they'll look into it, but realistically what are my chances that it'll be found? It's such a rare thing and I can't find another one (reasonably priced).

This is the audit log:

18 May 2022 11:53am Delivered CASTLE DONNINGTON, DE742DL (this is not my postcode, but this is a postcode for a UPS depot)

18 May 2022 11:04am The package is being held for a future delivery date. We'll attempt to deliver on the date requested

18 May 2022 9:48am We received a request from the receiver to reschedule the delivery

16 May 2022 8:50am This package is being held for a future delivery date

16 May 2022 4:02am Out For Delivery

16 May 2022 4:02am Processing at UPS Facility

13 May 2022 10:45pm Arrived at Facility Preston

13 May 2022 7:30pm Departed from Facility Gateshead

13 May 2022 5:50pm Origin Scan Gateshead

13 May 2022 3:32pm Pickup Scan Gateshead

13 May 2022 3:25pm Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet

13 May 2022 3:30pm Tracking number provided

Obviously they can't provide a signature, nor photo evidence of delivery...

Master
    Incorrectly scanned, probably still at their depot so I’d say there is a slim chance. It happened me before (with DHL) and it appeared about 10 days later, pretty bashed up

Master
    Can you go and visit the Depot? Speak to someone in person ? If so, I highly recommend it.

I was in a similar situation and it was clear that speaking to people in the call centre was no use as they were just reading the same website I was.

I was able to visit the (Royal Mail) depot and spoke to a very helpful person who was able to determine the package had been mislabelled by RM when it arrived into the country. This meant that although the package was being sent out for delivery every morning, it was never being delivered so just kept going round in circles back to the depot, then back out the next day only for the same thing to happen again.

Good luck.

Journeyman
    Ive sent many thousands of shipments via UPS over the past years and not a single one has gone missing. They are the best out there.
    Give it some time, to me it looks like its been ‘delivered’ back to the depot, waiting collection or re delivery. Their CS is also very helpful, if you need it.

They are the best out there.
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ups.com%2Fgb

Although, to be fair, most of the large UK delivery firms aren't well rated on trustpilot.
    Last edited by Christian; 19th May 2022 at 21:29.

UPS lost parcel - likelihood of it being found?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
    Ive sent many thousands of shipments via UPS over the past years and not a single one has gone missing. They are the best out there.
    Give it some time, to me it looks like its been ‘delivered’ back to the depot, waiting collection or re delivery. Their CS is also very helpful, if you need it.
    Well I have had 2 packages shipped from Spain to my home here in the UK in the last 18 months that have been lost.
    I get similar tracking details, it reaches the local depot to me in the uk, then tells me it had been delivered - but has not been.

Most recently, 2 weeks ago.
    Matter is still not resolved as I was not the one who paid for shipping - so they won’t discuss with me.
    My father in law sent (both) but only speaks Spanish, so is stuck dealing with it on the Spanish side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Can you not pretend to be your father?

That’s annoying OP, MyHermes lost an item of mine years ago and it still grates me to what happened to it…

I’m going to send a tube around 100cm to Canada soon and the recipient said to only use Royal Mail as couriers add taxes and sometimes charge the receiving address, unfortunately RM don’t ship tubes this long so was going to use UPS, anyone know if UPS add charges to international parcels? Value will be less than £100 but it’s a rare item..

If they have delivered it to the wrong place then in all likelihood it is lost I am afraid to say.

If you make enough of a fuss you may persuade them to interview the driver who may recall where he left it. Also ask them to do a depot sweep.

Things do turn up but you are relying on the receiver to bother contacting you/UPS.

The smaller the parcel the less the likelihood of recovery in our experience. I am still hoping DPD will turn up my missing (boxed) car wheel and tyre but after 2 months I am thinking not. I hope you have insurance as the carrier insurance is a tiny amount per kg.

If it is valuable/not insured accuse them of theft and get security involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
    That may be your experience, but it has certainly NOT been mine.

UPS are the only courier who NEVER deliver to our actual house and always dump the parcel in our bin box at the end of our drive, half a mile away from our actual house.

Every chain is only as good as its weakest link - in our case the actual delivery driver.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    I've bought something quite rare and expensive (expensive for what it is, not comparative to the expensive watches we buy!). It's clear it's been 'lost' by UPS. I've raised a claim and will get a refund as paid correctly by PayPal etc.

This has never happened to me before - they've said they'll look into it, but realistically what are my chances that it'll be found? It's such a rare thing and I can't find another one (reasonably priced).

This is the audit log:

18 May 2022 11:53am Delivered CASTLE DONNINGTON, DE742DL (this is not my postcode, but this is a postcode for a UPS depot)

18 May 2022 11:04am The package is being held for a future delivery date. We'll attempt to deliver on the date requested

18 May 2022 9:48am We received a request from the receiver to reschedule the delivery

16 May 2022 8:50am This package is being held for a future delivery date

16 May 2022 4:02am Out For Delivery

16 May 2022 4:02am Processing at UPS Facility

13 May 2022 10:45pm Arrived at Facility Preston

13 May 2022 7:30pm Departed from Facility Gateshead

13 May 2022 5:50pm Origin Scan Gateshead

13 May 2022 3:32pm Pickup Scan Gateshead

13 May 2022 3:25pm Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet

13 May 2022 3:30pm Tracking number provided

Obviously they can't provide a signature, nor photo evidence of delivery...
    In a previous work life, an important shipment was lost in transit by UPS though it did eventually turn up after a lot of chasing, time and escalation. Fingers crossed for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m quite intrigued by a 4am ‘out for delivery’. Wonder what the driver is doing between 4am and 8am/9am when it’s likely the first deliveries can occur?
    In my experience UPS are one of the better couriers but everything is dependent on the local drivers involved.
    I suspect this parcel is lost in their system and will turn up one day…..