closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to source Omega Bezel insert?

Journeyman

Where to source Omega Bezel insert?

Hey all,

I have an Omega 2535.80.00 Seamaster GMT that needs a new insert.
    Have had a look around and I see lots of spurious "guaranteed to fit" parts available.

But, where can I lay hands on a genuine article?

Any tips much appreciated.

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Cousins I would guess, always been good service.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Not sure cousins sell the OEM anymore
    They can only be sourced from Omega or a service centre

Also, you can’t just buy the insert. It’s my understanding that you have to buy the bezel as well.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Not cheap unfortunately. Send the watch to OSC Southampton or STS in Essex and reckon on a bill North of £200. As noted above, there are no genuine new bezels to be had outside of the authorised repair network, and the part has doubled in price in the past 3 years. As above, there is no insert, just a full bezel assembly. You might get lucky and find a genuine one in decent nick on ebay, I sold one there myself in fact, but ignore anything that isn't in the steel bezel shell as that is guaranteed to be fake.

Grand Master
    I`ll echo what Padders has said, don`t bother with the after-market ones because they're not the same quality. Getting the bezel off isn't easy and it's not a job for the enthusiastic owner, I have a special tool that gets them off but even using that they can be stubborn. The insert can be separated from the bezel with care and I don`t understand why Omega never offered the inserts as a separate part.

I would be very wary of second-hand items, the inserts can easily get damaged to the chances of finding a genuine on ein excellent condition are virtually nil. I had a near-perfect 2254.50 bezel but I sold that last year for a repair job I was doing.

Omega service centre or an Omega accredited repairer is your best bet, spend the money required to get it right, there are no cheap alternatives that'll give an acceptable result.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the input everyone.
    Much appreciated and will just be another item added to the service list then.

Master
    There was a thread on the forum recently (a couple of months ago) suggesting that Omega were now routinely fitting a new, complete bezel to the ‘Bond’ Seamasters, FOC, as part of a service. If this is true and your watch is due a service it may be worth going down the official route and getting a new bezel as part of the deal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    There was a thread on the forum recently (a couple of months ago) suggesting that Omega were now routinely fitting a new, complete bezel to the ‘Bond’ Seamasters, FOC, as part of a service. If this is true and your watch is due a service it may be worth going down the official route and getting a new bezel as part of the deal.
    I recently had my SMP 300 serviced by Omega and they fitted a new bezel (no additional cost) as they said the original was marked. I must admit that I hadn’t noticed any marks and I am ultra careful with my watches.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    Thanks for this info, would certainly push me into getting Omega to service it then.
    Turn around time from the OSC still in and around 12 weeks?