closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Anyone seen these car port/shelters for sale ?

  1. #1

    Anyone seen these car port/shelters for sale ?

    My wife saw this on TikTox and sent it me, I wouldent mind looking into getting one depending on price and quality.



  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,043
    Blog Entries
    1
    A mate has something similar years ago and used to keep his 340R dry.

    other brands available

    https://www.dancovershop.com/uk/prod...4aAuP-EALw_wcB

  3. #3
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    19,095
    How windy is it where you are? Would think they are fairly susceptible.
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    A mate has something similar years ago and used to keep his 340R dry.

    other brands available

    https://www.dancovershop.com/uk/prod...4aAuP-EALw_wcB
    Thanks I will check those out.

  5. #5
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    4,067
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    How windy is it where you are? Would think they are fairly susceptible.
    My first thought also. I would want to take it down in storms which pretty much negates the point of it.

  6. #6
    My parents had a small scale one for their mobility scooter and as said above, the wind was the biggest problem, forever blowing open. I guess with some sort of ground fixing at the front to hold it down they could work well.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    My first thought also. I would want to take it down in storms which pretty much negates the point of it.
    I'd think a set of decent ratchet straps and some ground anchors would do the job, providing the cover material was decent enough quality.

    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  8. #8
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    4,067
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I'd think a set of decent ratchet straps and some ground anchors would do the job, providing the cover material was decent enough quality.

    R
    Maybe, but we had some wild storms earlier this year, I wouldn't fancy risking it.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,694
    Is a car port an option? We had one built last year when we had the drive done and it is very solid and provides quite a lot of protection.
    If needed you could also attach some tarpaulin to the sides of the weather is very bad.
    I think Clarkes do a range of car shelters as well - they will need to be anchored down in bad weather.

  10. #10
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,961
    If there is room for a car tent why not get a proper garage built?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Is a car port an option? We had one built last year when we had the drive done and it is very solid and provides quite a lot of protection.
    If needed you could also attach some tarpaulin to the sides of the weather is very bad.
    I think Clarkes do a range of car shelters as well - they will need to be anchored down in bad weather.
    I'm not sure whether we would be allowed to have a car port but its the way I think I would prefer to go, in all honesty I think a "tent" would be a eye sore on the front of the house but I thought I would look at it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    If there is room for a car tent why not get a proper garage built?
    We have a garage at the back of the bungalow (1930s build) but the drive down by the side of the bungalow is not wide enough for modern cars plus the garage is full of my "stuff" and we couldent build a garage at the front.

    I'm really only looking for a shelter for my MR2 during the winter but I did buy a hard top for it a couple of weeks back so that will help.

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,694
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I'm not sure whether we would be allowed to have a car port but its the way I think I would prefer to go, in all honesty I think a "tent" would be a eye sore on the front of the house but I thought I would look at it.
    Worth exploring for sure. Might be easier to get ‘permission’ than for a solid garage or a permanent building.

    We looked at a few of the ones you can order online made to standard sizes but in the end a wooden one made to size was cheaper and better. Ours is technically only open on 2 sides due to where it is so it gives a lot of protection.
    I didn’t like the idea of a tent type structure in the front either.

    Good luck.

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Posts
    6,075
    Not exactly the same but look at the temporary garages MachineMart sell.

  15. #15
    Craftsman T1ckT0ck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    744

    Anyone seen these car port/shelters for sale ?

    I would be worried the frame or fabric would rub against the car in even moderate weather causing damage to car paintwork.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information