closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont jaguar type C

Master
    Blog Entries

Bremont jaguar type C

Nice looking thing that, if only a little smaller.

https://www.bremont.com/products/jaguar-c-type
    Last edited by Middo; 18th May 2022 at 11:17.

I got the email too and thought the same. I like the look of that.

Probably the best Jaguar Bremont i've seen. Really like the detail on the crown.

Bremont jaguar type C

I find the looks a bit challenging - ok at a glance, but the weird hands that look like a car dashboard are peculiar, and the tyre tread pattern on the crown - well, it’s all a bit Franklin Mint?!?
    I have grown to like some Bremont designs but the mish mash of car dial and wristwatch is a bit daft looking imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobDad; 18th May 2022 at 20:14.

That's fine as an opinion, but unusual. The watch world is full of aircraft themed Sinns and Bell & Ross watches (to name but two) that are based on cockpit instruments, so an automotive watch dial based on a car dial is a logical step (and not an unusual either).
    I like the new Jag watch, it takes a design they gave used for years a little further with a white dial.
    One detail that puzzles me is the grip edge of the fixed tachy bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    That's fine as an opinion, but unusual. The watch world is full of aircraft themed Sinns and Bell & Ross watches (to name but two) that are based on cockpit instruments, so an automotive watch dial based on a car dial is a logical step (and not an unusual either).
    I like the new Jag watch, it takes a design they gave used for years a little further with a white dial.
    I think it’s the centre pinion that I dislike the most. I will add I like to see something a bit different even though it’s not my personal cup of tea. Beats yet another sub-a-like or explorer clone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    The bezel rotates bi-directionally. I can’t figure out what use that would be, but apparently it’s a thing.

I commented on the Bremont Fans Facebook that it looked lazy. Just another much of alike Bremont Jaguar 43mm.

This would have been the ideal opportunity to add a 40mm into the Jaguar tie in range . With both british engineering companies, to slip in the new movement too.

Opportunity missed.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post

This would have been the ideal opportunity to add a 40mm into the Jaguar tie in range . With both british engineering companies, to slip in the new movement too.

Opportunity missed.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Realistically, it wouldn't. You'd have to develop an entire new case to fit the chrono movement (the only other case small enough to fit a 7750 base movement is the Arrow case, which is for MOD based watches and isn't a trip-tick design) and account for design, tooling etc. along with other new components.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    to slip in the new movement too
    I agree with you for the most part but I think including the new movement would have been a stretch. I don’t think that Bremont are ready for that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    You'd have to develop an entire new case to fit the chrono movement
    It doesn’t need the chrono movement. The Mk1 and Mk3 Jag watches aren’t chronos. The chrono movement is probably what has made them too similar. Why not have a 40mm manual wind, a reduced sized version of the Supersonic for example?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    It doesn’t need the chrono movement. The Mk1 and Mk3 Jag watches aren’t chronos. The chrono movement is probably what has made them too similar. Why not have a 40mm manual wind, a reduced sized version of the Supersonic for example?
    I was commenting on the size and why they couldn't do the same watch in a smaller case.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I was commenting on the size and why they couldn't do the same watch in a smaller case.
    Indeed you were. However, the post you were quoting never referred to the same watch, it actually suggested something different in a smaller case