closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ikos hotels

Ikos hotels

Hi all. Anyone been to an ikos all inclusive resort ?
    Been looking into going end of august. Very expensive though.
    Highly rated on trip advisor

Really good places, Olivia in particular is good for families with young ones.

We were planning to go back in August, but dates were very limited when I looked. And the cheapest trip for a family of 5 was working out around £29k for 7 nights.

Will be giving it a miss this year, and possibly heading to one of the Zafiro Palace resorts instead - which are similar in a lot of ways, but not quite as good (although still outstanding!)

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Really good places, Olivia in particular is good for families with young ones.

We were planning to go back in August, but dates were very limited when I looked. And the cheapest trip for a family of 5 was working out around £29k for 7 nights.

Will be giving it a miss this year, and possibly heading to one of the Zafiro Palace resorts instead - which are similar in a lot of ways, but not quite as good (although still outstanding!)
    Cheers. The palma nova zafiro looks good

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Haven’t been to that one yet - but we have been to the one in Alcudia 7 times since it opened. We have young kids (2, 4 and 7) and it’s perfect. It’s about 50 mins in a taxi from PMI.

Decent themed restaurants, and the buffet restaurant is good too. All the all inclusive drinks are branded and premium.

Pools are great, kids club is great and general facilities are brilliant. We have tried all the rooms, the owners suite is nice and roomy. But the swim up rooms are better and our kids love them.

Evening entertainment is a bit meh, but you can just go out or drink in the bar. The staff are what make the place truly great, they’re all great with the kids especially.

We like the Alcudia location as there’s some nice walks you can do from the hotel - as well as some restaurants, a beach etc within a few hundred yards too.

Haven’t been to that one yet - but we have been to the one in Alcudia 7 times since it opened. We have young kids (2, 4 and 7) and it’s perfect. It’s about 50 mins in a taxi from PMI.

Decent themed restaurants, and the buffet restaurant is good too. All the all inclusive drinks are branded and premium.

Pools are great, kids club is great and general facilities are brilliant. We have tried all the rooms, the owners suite is nice and roomy. But the swim up rooms are better and our kids love them.

Evening entertainment is a bit meh, but you can just go out or drink in the bar. The staff are what make the place truly great, they’re all great with the kids especially.

We like the Alcudia location as there’s some nice walks you can do from the hotel - as well as some restaurants, a beach etc within a few hundred yards too.
    Thanks. This week away is just me and the mrs. Kids are staying at grandmas
    We want something special but 3h flight or less

Thanks. This week away is just me and the mrs. Kids are staying at grandmas
    We want something special but 3h flight or less
    Ah, would avoid Zafiro Palace in that case! Kid central.

Some of the Ikos resorts aside from Olivia are a bit less kid friendly too so may be worth a look.

Enjoy your week, I’m very jealous!

Ah, would avoid Zafiro Palace in that case! Kid central.

Some of the Ikos resorts aside from Olivia are a bit less kid friendly too so may be worth a look.

Enjoy your week, I’m very jealous!
    Had a quote for Ikos dassia in corfu.
    £1900 per person 7 nights

Went to the Ikos in Nea Moudania, Halkadiki. That was lovely.

Master
    We have been and it is brilliant. Luxury all inclusive they call it I think. And it is. First time we have been all inclusive and look forward to trying again one day. We went out of holidays last time which saved us. We got a quote for this summer and it was just too much so maybe another time.

We went to Ikos Dassia in Corfu last year. Very large hotels, very busy - lots of people. Service is excellent, food is a mixed bag - some good, some not so. rooms are underwhelming certainly not ‘luxury’ level. Probably suited more for families with kids. Whilst enjoyable, wouldn’t go back as prefer smaller more exclusive venues.

Master
    stayed in one a few years ago as GF knew the chain and despite being a little bit pricey it was a very nice place to stay.

We were there during term time so possibly better value than peak.

food, drink & service all very good. Found out another friend has been to some of the others and speak equally highly of them.

Master

I had to read that a couple of times and was hoping it was a typo -
    Last edited by lewie; 18th May 2022 at 09:53.

We went to Ikos Olivia when they first opened in 2015. Was nice but looked as it was built in a field. Beach was definitely man made with chunks of bricks and concrete coming up from underneath the sand when I dug a hole with my daughter.

Haven’t been to that one yet - but we have been to the one in Alcudia 7 times since it opened...
    I'd need to be very sure before booking that the hotels/resorts mentioned aren't affected by (or are going to be affected by) the drinks limit regulations introduced in the Balearics.

Thread about it here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-All-Inclusive
    ______

​Jim.

Journeyman

Pools are great, kids club is great and general facilities are brilliant. We have tried all the rooms, the owners suite is nice and roomy. But the swim up rooms are better and our kids love them. If you are looking for a beautiful yet affordable resort, there are plenty of places to stay in Gatlinburg. This is a great place where you can relax with your family or alone. But even if you're on your own, you'll find plenty of activities to suit all tastes and budgets. A huge number of excursions, hiking in the mountains, or spa, and this is not all the fun that can wait for you in this wonderful place. You should just visit it and you'll be surprised at how great it is.

Last year I was there without children, a very decent place, you can really relax.
    Last edited by bobocat; 7th February 2023 at 16:46.

We’ve booked the Andalusia one for later on in the year, really looking forward to it. My wife’s colleague has stayed at a couple and says they are superb.