closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Some Land Rover Freelander help needed

Master

Some Land Rover Freelander help needed

Hi

Hoping to tap into the wisdom of the TZ crowd when it comes to fixing or diagnosing issues with cars.

We have an ‘08 Freelander 2 and the drivers seat has packed up - we can no longer move it back/forward; up/down etc.

The passenger one still works fine.

I’ve checked the fuses and they are all ok. Had a look around under the seat in case there was a connection that had come loose etc and couldn’t see anything obvious. Can’t move the seat up to get a good look as it’s at or near the lowest setting.

Any ideas as to what it might be or what else I could check before I just take it in to get it looked at?

Cheers

First thing id do is a hard battery reset….simply disconnect both battery terminals from the battery, with both battery clamps pulled up touch them both together, you may find it wont reach and so use a screwdriver or something metallic to touch them both together. Leave them connected for about 5 minutes and then reconnect to the battery

EDIT: Obviously im not talking about touching the battery posts together but the clamps / power and earth cables that come off of them!!
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 17th May 2022 at 19:52.

Master
    Thanks. I will give that a try. What is that designed to do overall?

Freelander 2s have an awful habit of getting their cocks in a knot without doing very little. Doing a battery hard reset is a little like rebooting your computer at home, your main fuse box is filled with smart FETS which can normal be only reset by removing the power to them….on a FL2 anyway. Its quite common for a FL2 to come in with a faulty tail light, bulb is ok but no power to the bulbs….quick battery reset and it fixes the issue. We see them with a whole host of weird electric faults and in most cases it fixes the issue. Not saying it will in this instance but it’s where I’d start
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 17th May 2022 at 20:31.

Master
    Thank you. I will give that a try tomorrow morning. Thanks for the background to it, good to know why I’m trying a procedure.

Master
    Ok, tried the hard reset and no luck.
    Is it worth trying to remove the seat to lift it up so I can check the plugs are all connected?
    I’ve also tried starting the car with the seat button pressed but that didn’t work either.
    Anything else worth trying?
    Thanks

Master
    Assuming you have tried all the fuses as per the link?

https://www.freel2.com/forum/post65602.html

That is a fair few fuses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

EDIT: Obviously im not talking about touching the battery posts together but the clamps / power and earth cables that come off of them!!
    That made me smile!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Assuming you have tried all the fuses as per the link?

https://www.freel2.com/forum/post65602.html

That is a fair few fuses!

Yes, though we have a HSE model with memory seats so not all the fuses apply. But, I’ve pulled each one and had a look and even swapped the passenger and driver seat fuses. Passenger seat still works and drivers is still stuck.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Yes, though we have a HSE model with memory seats so not all the fuses apply. But, I’ve pulled each one and had a look and even swapped the passenger and driver seat fuses. Passenger seat still works and drivers is still stuck.
    Bugger. Hope you can find it is a common fault but I fear not. Fingers crossed.

My car this year has managed 2 rare faults that has caused much merriment and my local mechanic who is not a fan of forums having to trust my research and diagnosis. My second fault due to be cured next month as I have no heating, no leaks, no airlocks lol.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Bugger. Hope you can find it is a common fault but I fear not. Fingers crossed.

My car this year has managed 2 rare faults that has caused much merriment and my local mechanic who is not a fan of forums having to trust my research and diagnosis. My second fault due to be cured next month as I have no heating, no leaks, no airlocks lol.
    Thanks. I’m wondering if the switch has packed up. Thing is, I can’t really get under the seat to check anything as it is in its lowest setting.

Thinking of seeing if I can unbolt it and lift it enough to check connections.

Or, I might just admit defeat and take it in to my mechanic!

Hope you get your car sorted too!!
    Last edited by bambam; 18th May 2022 at 17:07.