closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quick release straps on panerai

Quick release straps on panerai

Having recently purchased the wife a 38mm panerai,she’s wanting some other strap’s,has these models are relatively new there isn’t any rubber straps available for them.
    So I’ve been looking and there’s a few around with a quick release spring bar system,now this would mean removing the existing bars,which are screw in.
    Now the question is ,what’s the chances of the spring bar damaging the threads inside the lung,she’ll probably only wear it once a month.
    This model uses a quick release strap,with a system like on a garmin fenix 5,anyone know if these fenix straps will fit .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Having recently purchased the wife a 38mm panerai,she’s wanting some other strap’s,has these models are relatively new there isn’t any rubber straps available for them.
    So I’ve been looking and there’s a few around with a quick release spring bar system,now this would mean removing the existing bars,which are screw in.
    Now the question is ,what’s the chances of the spring bar damaging the threads inside the lung,she’ll probably only wear it once a month.
    This model uses a quick release strap,with a system like on a garmin fenix 5,anyone know if these fenix straps will fit .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I believe the only change is to the strap end itself, the screwbars are the same design/diameter as non quick change, so can be used with standard panerai straps (conversely, you can add quick change to a regular panerai if the straps exist in your case size).
    So risk of damage should be minimal

Only thing you might need depending on strap, are the correct size tubes, 20mm iirc for a 38,

At least that’s what my OH was told when she was looking at a Due recently, and mentioned i had a pile of pam straps that would fit (think she wants my pink pam strap lol)

Craftsman
    My wife has the same watch
    And i recently bought an iwc 41mm chrono which has quick release straps
    The iwc and the panerai straps are interchangeable
    I use panerai straps in size xl on my iwc
    Iwc do a rubber strap im not sure if they do a smaller size but that is your option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I would stick to the screw in bars personally, Spring bars were added to Panerai as a cheaper alternative
    RIAC

I wouldn’t personally - I’d imagine there’s a good chance the spring bar would damage the threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    now this would mean removing the existing bars,which are screw in.
    No, it wouldn't.

You can use the Panerai screw bars in straps that have been made for quick release spring bars.

A strap for quick release spring bars is just a strap with a notch cut into the back of the strap for the spring bar "catch", so if you remove the spring bar you'll be left with a strap that can be fitted to the watch using the Panerai screw bars.

Or am I missing something?

Correct about the notch ,I may buy it and cut the bar out .
    I’ll probably get a canvas off you ,she’s not into leather .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk