closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Decent quality nato - Hamilton?

Decent quality nato - Hamilton?

I'm giving my speedy one last chance with a decent nato strap before I bite the bullet on a custom D9 strap.

It needs to be blue, not shiny, and excellent quality. Ideally I'd like a single pass, as nato's tend to annoy me with the amount of material on show.

I've seen a Hamilton one I like the look of, but no reviews: https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-gb/...trap-20mm.html

Any other suggestions? I've had a look on watchgecko and watchobsession but nothing really jumps out at me.

Thanks

That Hamilton strap looks very nice, and a big saving over the Omega ones.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 23rd May 2022 at 14:47.

Master
    Silvermans are the go to people for NATO's.

I've pretty much abandoned NATO straps after getting an Erika's Original MN. I have about half a dozen of them now. They are pricey but worth it to me, they fit perfectly and keep the watch head in place on top of my wrist while working. I've also tried generic MN straps and have been unimpressed, when doing something physical they are too stretchy and the watch head rotates around my wrist.

They have a navy blue (Trident) that is so dark it looks black most of the time. They have a lighter Denim blue that might work for you.

https://erikasoriginals.com/mn-straps/denim.php

This Denim color strap was custom made for fixed bars at no extra charge.

Trident blue looks black except in bright sunlight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I've pretty much abandoned NATO straps after getting an Erika's Original MN. I have about half a dozen of them now. They are pricey but worth it to me, they fit perfectly and keep the watch head in place on top of my wrist while working. I've also tried generic MN straps and have been unimpressed, when doing something physical they are too stretchy and the watch head rotates around my wrist.

They have a navy blue (Trident) that is so dark it looks black most of the time. They have a lighter Denim blue that might work for you.

Trident blue looks black except in bright sunlight.

Agree 100 percent, including about the generic “cheap” MN straps. Erika’s are by far my favourite strap. Haven’t found a tool/sports watch yet that they don’t go hand in hand with.

Master

Can you request that at checkout?

Can you take a picture from the back (and loosen it up a bit) so I can see how that works.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Can you request that at checkout?
    After checkout I sent an email stating the order number and that I needed it configured as "old style for fixed bars". There is a newer fixed bar version that uses a detachable rivet.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Can you take a picture from the back (and loosen it up a bit) so I can see how that works.
    Here you go. Note that in the second photo there is a sliding bracket that isn't in the first photo. It came polished and I did not install it originally. I put it on after I rubbed it down with a Scotchbrite pad to better match the patina finish on the buckle (it's not exact but is close). The strap holds well in either configuration.

Decent quality nato - Hamilton?

No affiliation with them but I’d definitely recommend ordering a nick mankey.
    Super comfortable, easy to adjust, no extra layer under the case…
    Picture stolen from the net

After checkout I sent an email stating the order number and that I needed it configured as "old style for fixed bars". There is a newer fixed bar version that uses a detachable rivet......
    I only saw the one with the rivet, and it looks nuff. Yours is a lot more tidy.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I've ordered the Hamilton as they offer free returns and as luck would have it, I've also got an Omega nato on its way to me.

I have had a couple of nick mankey straps and although I started off really liking them they soon annoyed me because of the hook/clasp, so I just used to take the watch off without undoing the strap.
    From what I can see, the Erika straps have a much simpler hook which is one I'll probably try in the future.

I never undo my hook straps, never seen the need and don't see it as being a problem. They've easily my favourite fabric strap.

Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    ...so I just used to take the watch off without undoing the strap.
    From what I can see, the Erika straps have a much simpler hook which is one I'll probably try in the future.
    Oh, sure - I always just slip Nick Mankey straps off my wrist without unhooking them, the elastic is "loose" enough. Can't do that with an EO, in my experience.