closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do Omega have an official service centre in the UK?

Apprentice

Do Omega have an official service centre in the UK?

Hi all,

I’ve been told my seamaster will be sent to the UK for a repair, I was told there is an official Omega service centre to carry out a repair under warranty.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Yep in Southampton

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Yep in Southampton
    Thanks.

Next question, does anyone know roughly how quickly they turn around a repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_Ireland View Post
    Thanks.

Next question, does anyone know roughly how quickly they turn around a repair?
    They usually prioritise warranty repairs. Mine took less than two weeks.

I have a watch in for service and it’s 12 weeks. Not sure about repair time but I would expect them to say repair work needs an accompanying service

Apprentice
    Thanks all :)

Craftsman
    I thought Swiss Time Services were where most got sent to? In Essex.

Craftsman
    Recent seamaster service, 12 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    They quoted me exactly the same price as omega. It might have been quicker but I was also looking to get my watch validated and I thought an Omega service would carry a bit more cache in case I move it on.

Craftsman
    My Speedmaster was sent to Southampton for service late December 2020 and was back 7 weeks later mid February 2021. It had to go back to Southampton as it suddenly ran very fast last summer. Turns out it was magnetised and they had it only one week. I think the Omega servicing is excellent and the app very clear for tracking progress.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    I only got a chance to drop my watch off for repair on the 25th of August, I was informed it was going to Southampton.
    I was also told the repair could take 6 months

I'll call the end of this month to see if it's even on the swatch tracking system.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    I thought STS tended to do vintage Omega watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    5 weeks and counting, watch has been received and is being assessed.
    Slow going

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I thought STS tended to do vintage Omega watches.

My father's vintage Seamaster went to Southampton but was then sent off to Switzerland for its service.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Omega service centre in Southampton are excellent. They took around 8 weeks for a warranty repair on my Planet Ocean. Actually it was out of warranty by a few months but they did it foc as a gesture of goodwill.

STS are an official service centre and have an excellent reputation for also doing sympathetic repairs / restoration / service of vintage Omega watches.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Omega service centre in Southampton are excellent. They took around 8 weeks for a warranty repair on my Planet Ocean. Actually it was out of warranty by a few months but they did it foc as a gesture of goodwill.

STS are an official service centre and have an excellent reputation for also doing sympathetic repairs / restoration / service of vintage Omega watches.

Appreciate the feedback, I’m hoping I get the watch back before I go on holiday…I really miss wearing it.

I have a Rio Olympics Speedmaster that had to go back under warranty because it packed up.

I know someone else with one - which also had to go back because it packed up.

My Ploprof had to go back under warranty.

I know 2 folk with new Moonwatches that have gone back- with one the chrono pusher fell out and the other
    stopped working.

Either terrible bad luck or Omega are really not great build quality

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    I know 2 folk with new Moonwatches that have gone back- with one the chrono pusher fell out and the other
    stopped working.
    Same happened to my Moonwatch after 26 months which was 2 months outside of warranty back then, around 3-4 years ago. In a 2-3 watch rotation back then so not a lot of wear.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Same happened to my Moonwatch after 26 months which was 2 months outside of warranty back then, around 3-4 years ago. In a 2-3 watch rotation back then so not a lot of wear.

A friend of mine bought a new co axial Moonwatch and within 2 months it had stopped working.
    Imho the quality of new Omega is utter pants compared to Rolex…..

Gave a Speedmaster MKII coaxial in for a service in July. Currently being looked at in Southampton.

Expected back to me in mid November…long time without a watch!

Dropped mine off at the Royal Exchange in June, got it back last week.

For what it’s worth, I made this post when I got my Omega ‘Great White’ back after a service at the OSC in Southampton. Seven years ago now mind. Maybe I should have worn it in the meantime

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...re-Southampton

Apprentice
    7 weeks now, still under technical assessment, no estimate of when it will be done

Master
    I've got an Omega in with the service centre at the moment. 7 Sept it went into the system. Now showing service in progress as of 23 Sept (waiting for parts initially). Estimated completion 28 December.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I've got an Omega in with the service centre at the moment. 7 Sept it went into the system. Now showing service in progress as of 23 Sept (waiting for parts initially). Estimated completion 28 December.
    At that rate I’m going to have to buy another watch lol, I was hoping to have mine back before my holiday next month.

Craftsman
    Dropped mine in for service on June 8th, now I'm being told November 22nd for completion. :-(

Apprentice
    I phoned last week and was told it’s repaired and on the way back, hopefully I’ll have it in the next few days.

Apprentice
    14 weeks total, finally got it back last week.

Can you walk in at Southampton and book a repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_Ireland View Post
    14 weeks total, finally got it back last week.
    Pictures? We need pictures of the finished piece.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    Pictures? We need pictures of the finished piece.
    Not really anything to see, it was a movement repair under warranty on a mint condition seamaster.

Quite right. I can ever understand folks who post photos of their identical watch in reply to a thread (e.g. "mine says Hi") - it looks the f-ing same the others, you knob?!

Glad you got it back safely (and I assume repaired). Was it back in time for your holiday?

SydR

Do Omega have an official service centre in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    stopped working.

Either terrible bad luck or Omega are really not great build quality
    My son sent his Moonwatch in for service a few years ago. Three weeks after coming back one of the pushers fell out. Not isolated to new watches.
    Last edited by SydR; 15th December 2022 at 20:37.

SydR
    As a guide I dropped my Speedmaster Racing off at the Edinburgh AD for service on July 15th and got it back on October 25th.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post

Glad you got it back safely (and I assume repaired). Was it back in time for your holiday?
    No unfortunately it wasn’t back in time, I ended up buying a pelagos 42mm and wore that.
    I’m kinda liking the pelagos more then the seamaster, so I may move on the seamaster and buy something different.

Master
    As an update to this in case anyone was looking to send their watch back to Omega. My service time has now been pushed to early March. That'll make it 6 months from it entering the system. The only explanation being volume of work, which was entered into the service notes you can access online.

We all know prices are increasing as well. Basic service price has increased from £450 to £590 now.

Master
    My Seamaster is due it’s 5 year service and I spoke to OSC this morning accordingly.

They confirm 24- 26 weeks and have advised sending my watch in this month as service prices will be increasing in the near future. Last time it was serviced, I think service time was 6-8 weeks. Given the estimated time I wouldn’t be surprised to have to pay the increased price.

I have requested a service pack and will send my watch off when this is received. Can’t say I’m looking forward to the wait!

Master
    Geez that's a crazy wait time for a service that takes less than a day but I suppose while customers supply the demand and pay the prices there's no compelling reason for them to improve.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sent my 2015 Moonwatch to Genesis who are approved Omega service agents. Turnaround was 3 weeks.