closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Flight numbers

Flight numbers

We were due to fly to Venice but, as the flight was cancelled, we had to cancel the complete break.

Looking at an airline app I can see our fight number being used at exactly the same time from Paris to Nice.

This would suggest that the airline stating they were short on staff was not exactly true.

Does anyone know if a flight number refers to a specific aircraft, a route or something else ? I had always thought it was a route but this can't be correct.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    We were due to fly to Venice but, as the flight was cancelled, we had to cancel the complete break.

Looking at an airline app I can see our fight number being used at exactly the same time from Paris to Nice.

This would suggest that the airline stating they were short on staff was not exactly true.

Does anyone know if a flight number refers to a specific aircraft, a route or something else ? I had always thought it was a route but this can't be correct.
    It’s never related to a specific aircraft and the airline can do what they want with flight numbers, although I agree it’s normally a particular route.
    Most airlines are short on staff at the moment and I’m presuming they haven’t flown your route on the day they said they would?

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    It’s never related to a specific aircraft and the airline can do what they want with flight numbers, although I agree it’s normally a particular route.
    Most airlines are short on staff at the moment and I’m presuming they haven’t flown your route on the day they said they would?
    That's why I'm interested. It didn't fly from Manchester to Venice but went from Paris to Nice.

If that Paris to Nice flight is regular, surely it will have it's own (different) flight number?

Generally, flight numbers are route specific. I'd doubt there is any hidden reason for the cancellation...the airlines are very short of both cabin crew and pilots at the moment.

Master
    I think the old EU flight delay/cancellation rules are in Uk law now so worth looking into that, if you haven’t already.