closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2022 all sailing races

Hybrid View

2022 all sailing races

There are several of us with an interest in sailing and following the various races, both ocean and ones like the SailGP competition. Over the past few years these have cropped up in threads for things like the America's Cup. This year I thought we could try a single thread to cover them all, and only have parallel threads for a major competitions like the America's Cup...and there is already a thread for the next one of those.

To start the ball rolling...the first weekend's racing for season 3 of SailGP is this weekend in Bermuda.

Blog Entries
    I'll follow this with a lot of attention. Thanks for the heads-up.

I follow the prep for the new Ocean Race (Volvo is no longer sponsor) with interest. Dutch boat 'Childhood 1' has a crew list with names on it of young men and women I know: they were one 'generation' ahead of my son in the Optimist and Laser.
    Last edited by thieuster; 13th May 2022 at 20:43.

SailGP will have two more boats this season...once Japan get their new boat. That should be for event 4. Tthere was too much building work to supply everyone in time as there was so many many repairs needed after the last season. So, 9 and then 10 boats on the same sized race course and 11 events overall.

Not sure which I enjoyed most, SailGP Race 1 in Plymouth (see YouTube) or the final lap of World Superbikes Race 1 in Most, CZ...mind you the earlier laps also had some exciting racing: link.
    Last edited by PickleB; 30th July 2022 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Not sure which I enjoyed most, SailGP Race 1 in Plymouth (see YouTube) or the final lap of World Superbikes Race 1 in Most, CZ...mind you the earlier laps also had some exciting racing: link.
    I tried to watch the Superbikes, but your link defeats me, it just sends me round and round in a subscription circle. Bloody digital disaster area!