closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Arnie Bezel Query

Hybrid View

Seiko Arnie Bezel Query

Wondering if some of the forums watch repairs or Seiko models can assist.

My vintage Seiko Arnie has a really 'stiff' bezel, now I've managed to remove the original shroud, (carefully i may add) and strap and I can move the bezel with some force.

Any recommendations on how to improve this, clean it up? Do I need to remove the bezel at all or just a nice clean iunder water with a soft brush?

Thanks

Master
    Have you tried running a piece of tooth floss around the gap in the bezel and case or even a bit of washing up liquid.

Managed to remove the bezel and have a clean up, any idea how to push this back on? Looking online people use a press tool, can this be done without one? Or am I incredible weak?

Master
    I’m sure it can be done by hand
    Lightly grease the bezel gasket - try inverting it on a micro fibre cloth and press down on the back
    Be super careful when replacing the shroud - maybe just warm it a little on a hot water bottle or something- there super brittle and those extra plastic bits under the lugs (I removed mine) cause you to stretch it
    Btw due to the design of the gaps in the shroud they are quite difficult to turn easly

Thanks Lewie, was extra careful when removing the shroud. Will be fun putting back on. Managed to pop the bezel back on (wooden chopping block and rolling pin worked). But bezel still really stiff. Removed again & noticed the gasket split.

New one ordered from EBay. Will see how it goes when here.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I apply just a very light smear if silicon grease
    You’ve prompted me to pop mine on today - forgot what a great watch it is
    Edit just noticed the cracked AM shroud ��
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
    Last edited by lewie; 14th May 2022 at 11:33.

Bezel gasket help now!

Finally received some silicone gasket grease pads, as had trouble keeping the replacement bezel gasket in place.

This gasket is a b!tch to stay in place, any pointers?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Finally received some silicone gasket grease pads, as had trouble keeping the replacement bezel gasket in place.

This gasket is a b!tch to stay in place, any pointers?
    It shouldn’t be trouble it should almost ‘seem’ too big for the groove

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    It shouldn’t be trouble it should almost ‘seem’ too big for the groove
    Turns out it's the wrong one, another H558 bezel, seller from eBay is sending me know the correct one.

Did fit the broken one back on and with the silicone grease bezel its turning.