closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex London Service costs for professional models (Seadweller 116600)?

Master
    Blog Entries

Rolex London Service costs for professional models (Seadweller 116600)?

Hi all,
    Anyone know how much a Sea-dweller 116600 service might be today with Rolex London. As, my AD was guessing around £750 with a new crystal and crown. Sounds a bit on the high side to but….? I left it with them and asked for an estimate from Rolex London before preceding.

Thanks,
    M

That sounds about right.

The dealer will phone you with the RSC quote, though - before commencing any works.

Why the need to know now, you'll get your estimate soon enough?!

Recent similar threads say £600 basic service on a Sub and £37 for a new crown - so £750 for a Seadweller with crystal doesn't seem out of line. The price of owning a Rolex - but factored over 10 years it's not that bad.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post

Recent similar threads say £600 basic service on a Sub and £37 for a new crown - so £750 for a Seadweller with crystal doesn't seem out of line. The price of owning a Rolex - but factored over 10 years it's not that bad.
    Timpsons want £155 to change the “glass”! On the positive side, you can do your Tesco shop while they do it.

https://www.timpson.co.uk/rolex-watch-repair

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mine was £600 base cost on a 16600

Master
    £80 for a refurb and polish from Timpsons...I wonder if anyone is brave\stupid enough. Would love to see the results!

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    £80 for a refurb and polish from Timpsons...I wonder if anyone is brave\stupid enough. Would love to see the results!
    They’ll run into trouble after they’ve opened the caseback with a rusty screwdriver, and can’t work out where to jam in the new battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Timpsons want £155 to change the “glass”! On the positive side, you can do your Tesco shop while they do it.

https://www.timpson.co.uk/rolex-watch-repair
    While it’s all very worthy that they rehabilitate ex-cons, I wonder how many customers would like to know when they were being served by one - before they hand over a £10,000 watch and their contact details.

Master
    If it’s a “classic” ( not sure that the cut off year or escapement is) then add £300.

Service with new glass for a classic is closer to £900.

Seadwellers have always had a higher service price than the other professional models. I remember various threads years ago on this forum, discussing how Rolex was the only way to go for servicing of the seadweller as at the time they were the only people with the equipment to properly pressure test them etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    While it’s all very worthy that they rehabilitate ex-cons, I wonder how many customers would like to know when they were being served by one - before they hand over a £10,000 watch and their contact details.
    A very salient point......................

I'm needing some more house-key copies - I wouldn't even give them my details for that!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    A very salient point......................

I'm needing some more house-key copies - I wouldn't even give them my details for that!
    I’ve had loads of keys cut by them and never once have they asked for my details. One of the best workers I ever had doing insurance software was an ex accountant that did ten years for armed robbery.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    I’ve had loads of keys cut by them and never once have they asked for my details. One of the best workers I ever had doing insurance software was an ex accountant that did ten years for armed robbery.

Neither said or implied that they did.

Craftsman
    My Seadweller 116600 is with Rolex as we speak
    With the exact same work being done
    Total of £794
    £630 for the service
    £127 for the Crystal
    £37 for the crown

Craftsman
    I dropped a 2003 wg daydate at st James on Monday for a service and dial swap and after reading recent posts on here I ll be honest I was a little scared opening their emailed quote. But I was pleasantly surprised no mention of replacing crystal, crown, clasp, date or day wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Total of £794
    £630 for the service
    £127 for the Crystal
    £37 for the crown

Is the Crystal replacement required for all SD services or is yours damaged? My 116600 could probably do with a service but the crystal is perfect still.

Cheers

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    the irony in that statement being how many ex-cons own and wear Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigstam View Post
    Is the Crystal replacement required for all SD services or is yours damaged? My 116600 could probably do with a service but the crystal is perfect still.

Cheers

Ross

I thought mine was perfect, having closely inspected and ran a creditcard along the edge - immediately before sending for service………….

”It requires a new crystal, Sir - the existing one is chipped.”

Are you familiar with the term: “over a barrel”?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigstam View Post

Cheers

Ross
    My Crystal was actually chipped slightly so i was expecting this. Mine didn’t really need a service. But needed the Crystal !

Rolex London Service costs for professional models (Seadweller 116600)?

No extras required for my SD service a few years ago, base price charged.

Master
    I paid £670 about six months ago for a full movement service and new crown.

My Crystal was actually chipped slightly so i was expecting this. Mine didn’t really need a service. But needed the Crystal !

I thought mine was perfect, having closely inspected and ran a creditcard along the edge - immediately before sending for service………….

”It requires a new crystal, Sir - the existing one is chipped.”

Are you familiar with the term: “over a barrel”?
    Thanks guys, guess I will find out if its damaged when it goes in.

Cheers

Ross

Master
    Stupid question maybe but are you not allowed to decline certain things on the service (e.g replacement crystal) or will they refuse to service the watch unless you get it all done as they prescribe?

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Stupid question maybe but are you not allowed to decline certain things on the service (e.g replacement crystal) or will they refuse to service the watch unless you get it all done as they prescribe?
    I have had ‘light chipping’ - I turned it down, and ‘chip requiring renewal for pressure-testing’ which I accepted.

TBH- neither was apparent to me

Craftsman
    I've recently sent 2 subs in. Both to my eyes had perfect crystals. But Rolex thought otherwise

11040m service, crown and crystal

The following work is deemed necessary:
    A complete service £630.00
    A replacement crown - existing is dented £40.00
    A new sapphire crystal - existing is chipped £110.00
    The following work is deemed optional:
    For an overall total of £752.00

11613 service and crystal:-
    A new sapphire glass - existing is chipped and no longer providing the necessary seal to protect your watch against moisture ingress £110.00
    N/A
    For an overall total of £740.00

My SD40k is due a service and Im happy to pay for any necessary part replacements - but Im very curious to hear feedback from owners with regard to case refinishing.

Its a massive thing on forums about not getting a watch - usually a rolex - "polished", yet rolex themselves seem geared toward returning their watches as they were supposed to look (see the website).

Im all for good as new, but do rolex laser weld? Because otherwise should I get mine laser welded to repair any dents and then send it to rolex for service?

I ask this because I wear mine as a watch is intended to be worn, but feel that, at service price, I expect great things.

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    I've recently sent 2 subs in. Both to my eyes had perfect crystals. But Rolex thought otherwise

11040m service, crown and crystal

A replacement crown - existing is dented £40.00
    A new sapphire crystal - existing is chipped £110.00
    For an overall total of £752.00

11613 service and crystal:-
    A new sapphire glass - existing is chipped and no longer providing the necessary seal to protect your watch against moisture ingress £110.00
    N/A
    For an overall total of £740.00
    A cynic might form the opinion that they will hit you for either a crown or a crystal.............. or both.

There was a time when once you bought a Rolex - they looked after you. That changed (perhaps) 10-15yrs ago.

Blog Entries
    A cynic might form the opinion that they will hit you for either a crown or a crystal.............. or both.

There was a time when once you bought a Rolex - they looked after you. That changed (perhaps) 10-15yrs ago.
    I am reminded of this comment by Haywood Milton: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5338005

Master

£127 for the Crystal
    So less than Timpsons? You couldn't make it up!

Tosh. I've never been charged extra. Seems like a case of people not looking after their watches.
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 16th May 2022 at 21:22.

Master
    Tosh. I've never been charged extra. Seems like a case of people not looking after their watches.
    Its been a decade since I had mine serviced, but they suggested things to do (including a chipped crystal) and I turned those down- no problem, they continued with the main service.

My sd4k service is 600 plus vat at st james that's basic service excluding any parts

Last edited by taz11; 18th May 2022 at 14:58.

Master
    Just out of interest do Rolex do minor repairs like crown or crystal or bezel replacement or do they insist on a service at the same time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Just out of interest do Rolex do minor repairs like crown or crystal or bezel replacement or do they insist on a service at the same time?

My understanding is that if the glass gets cracked it’s a full service because of the potential moisture ingress. Chips I’m not sure about.

Mine is quoted with crown replacement as part of service. The won't replace on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    My SD40k is due a service and Im happy to pay for any necessary part replacements - but Im very curious to hear feedback from owners with regard to case refinishing.

Its a massive thing on forums about not getting a watch - usually a rolex - "polished", yet rolex themselves seem geared toward returning their watches as they were supposed to look (see the website).

Im all for good as new, but do rolex laser weld? Because otherwise should I get mine laser welded to repair any dents and then send it to rolex for service?

I ask this because I wear mine as a watch is intended to be worn, but feel that, at service price, I expect great things.
    Got my SD4K back from a service in Nov 2021 and had been daily wearing it for 3+ years so it had a good number of scratches and dents.

Total cost was £730 and I the finishing they did looks good to me. They don’t laser weld and I can still just see a very small ding where they’ve polished out the worst damage. Nice to get an almost new looking watch back but I’ve gone and added more songs/dents already