closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Heritage Advisor -- gone

Blog Entries

Tudor Heritage Advisor -- gone

Not that this is likely to bother many people but I've just noticed that the Tudor Heritage Advisor has been memory holed on the Tudor website. I'm pretty sure it was still there a month or two ago.

It's a watch that has rather appealed to me. I like that sort of complication, the touch of colour and the general aesthetics of the watch. Oh well. There's always Chrono24 in due course.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    You could always scratch the itch with a Bellmatic, and save a few grand to boot.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    You could always scratch the itch with a Bellmatic, and save a few grand to boot.
    I have several Bell-Matics. And a Poljot manual alarm watch. :-)

But I still fancy the (relatively) posh Tudor equivalent.

P.S. I like the fiddly complications on the dial of the Tudor. Which I will regrettably now need glasses to see.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 11th May 2022 at 12:13.

Always liked - or probably more accurately, admired - the Advisor, even though it’s unlikely I’d ever buy one.

Emblematic of the interesting & varied initial re-launch of Tudor, with some oddities, complications & bright colours that very much differentiated the brand from Rolex, before they decided to make 3,000 varieties of the Black Bay (much as I love the BB).

I can see imagine why it (presumably) wasn’t a massive seller, but as a fan of the company I liked that Tudor took a chance on doing that sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I can see imagine why it (presumably) wasn’t a massive seller, but as a fan of the company I liked that Tudor took a chance on doing that sort of thing.
    Yup, agreed.

The particular model pictured in the thread is a classic example of ‘I’ve just glanced at my silver dialled watch with various dials and silver hands. Looks lovely. No idea what time it is’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The smaller cased vintage model has a far less busy dial.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    The particular model pictured in the thread is a classic example of ‘I’ve just glanced at my silver dialled watch with various dials and silver hands. Looks lovely. No idea what time it is’!
    Definitely! Nice looking but not necessarily fit for purpose!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Definitely! Nice looking but not necessarily fit for purpose!
    I don't really think that any mechanical alarm is honestly fit for purpose. I can neither feel nor hear any of my Bell-Matics or the Poljot alarm if I am asleep or engaged in any normal day to day activity.

They are curiosities.

Which is, let's be honest, true for all mechanical watches. We don't buy them just to tell the time or even primarily to tell the time.

In this vein, I enjoy watches with functional (if not practical) complications and the Tudor Advisor qualifies. :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    The smaller cased vintage model has a far less busy dial.
    Indeed. Rather desirable in its own right I think.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 12th May 2022 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I don't really think that any mechanical alarm is honestly fit for purpose. I can neither feel nor hear any of my Bell-Matics or the Poljot alarm if I am asleep or engaged in any normal day to day activity.

They are curiosities.

Which is, let's be honest, true for all mechanical watches. We don't buy them just to tell the time or even primarily to tell the time.

In this vein, I enjoy watches with functional (if not practical) complications and the Tudor Advisor qualifies. :-)
    Totally agree - No-one NEEDS a watch in this day and age and if you REALLY do (OK, I can think of a handful of situations where you might), you can just buy a Casio F71 and have everything you'll ever need.

While I yawn at the never-ending parade of wannabe-Subs from Tudor, this watch is really interesting.

I've never seen one before, even in watch forum photos!

Sadly, the masses just want cut-price Subs...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?