closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fratello comment on Rolex v Laurent Ferrier

Fratello comment on Rolex v Laurent Ferrier

Somehow sensible and daft at the same time:

“Any 40mm Laurent Ferrier with a svelte 11.5mm thickness wears like a dream, and it is simply very good value. At €50,000, really? Think about it. Buy a Rolex or Patek for double or quadruple its retail price and look exactly like the man next to you in Business Class. Was that your dream?”

Not sure I agree with a comparison of a 50k watch - there are plenty of more affordable brands and models which would be a better comparison eg Czapek - but I get the point about Business Class and aspiration.

LF are also not exactly transparent on what is done in house and what is outsourced....

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Stupid comment. Not everyone buys ( I am sure very few here if any) at get dealer prices.
    Neither does everyone give a flying f*ck who they look like or don’t look like.

Journeyman
    I do, big time, I want to wear a watch that talks about me and my taste of watches. I do not buy a watch that adds me to the crowd of people who don't give a toss about the watch itself and only care about the status and value proposition.

At the end of the day, here is why we are here discussing watches, not how deep our pockets are.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    LF are also not exactly transparent on what is done in house and what is outsourced....

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    This… amazing how many watches their handful assemblers churn out.

Sorry i mean watchmakers 😂

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Stupid comment. Not everyone buys ( I am sure very few here if any) at get dealer prices.
    Neither does everyone give a flying f*ck who they look like or don’t look like.
    I agree, but unfortunately society is moving more and more into caring. Just look at TickTok, Instagram etc. Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of self-absorbed and vain people posing for the camera. The internet has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by NikP View Post
    I do, big time, I want to wear a watch that talks about me and my taste of watches. I do not buy a watch that adds me to the crowd of people who don't give a toss about the watch itself and only care about the status and value proposition.

At the end of the day, here is why we are here discussing watches, not how deep our pockets are.
    If a watch you like today becomes popular with the status/value crowds tomorrow, would you no longer like it?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikP;[URL="tel:5989479"
    5989479[/URL]]I do, big time, I want to wear a watch that talks about me and my taste of watches. I do not buy a watch that adds me to the crowd of people who don't give a toss about the watch itself and only care about the status and value proposition.

Agree 100%. I find it embarrassing that a huge swathe of people are only interested in Rolex SS, PP Nautali and AP RO. I too bought in to the Rolex fan club but now see the as slightly vulgar collection at the mo.

Expanding one’s watch horizon is very healthy for the individual, the Dealers and the manufacturers me thinks.

BTW. Laurent Ferrier. Stunning watches, would be my preference over Jaune and PP (unless it was a minty 5124G-011)

good evening

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    If a watch you like today becomes popular with the status/value crowds tomorrow, would you no longer like it?
    I would sell it and move on to something under-appreciated and "hidden".