closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Genuinely considering a Dacia Jogger

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    For those of you following along at home, I've just paid the deposit on a top-spec EXTREME SE (lol) Jogger in "Glacier White" - all the other colours were a £600 extra. (£600? I've bought cars for less than that!) I'll update the thread now and then when I get news, or ETAs.
    Paintwise that's pretty much the norm these days, certainly at the budget end. We bought a new Suzuki last year, red only was no extra cost, all other colours plus £500.
    The last time we bought a Ford, again red was the no cost option, white plus £200, metallic plus £500, and pearlescent plus £700 or £800.

OK, so took my kids out this afternoon for a test drive in the Jogger. I also took my FIL, because why not? and he's a nosy old fella.

I was pleasantly surprised by the car. It was far nippier than I expected it to be - 200NM of torque isn't to be sniffed at - despite being five up (including the salesperson.) Lots of room - silly, ridiculous amount of room. My ten-year-old daughter was in the third row and was very happy there.

I think I've just missed a price increase (of course) and all colours other than white (on the range-topper) are a £600 premium. Will sleep on it, but I think I'm going to try one.

Not half bad looking in that spec either. I say go for it

Master
    Skoda have been clever buggers for a few years now with charging for solid colour. I’ve bought a few white Skoda’s to run as taxis and candy white used to be a free colour, now it’s classed as “special” and you are charged accordingly.
    I’m convinced it’s due to the amount of them bought in that colour to be run as taxis.

Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    Not half bad looking in that spec either. I say go for it
    Already gone for it, mate! Deposit paid. Will update the thread as and when.

Already gone for it, mate! Deposit paid. Will update the thread as and when.
    Well done, glad you pulled the trigger! Let us know how the ownership experience goes

Craftsman
    Does the price of replacement parts come into this? Don't know about this model or make, but something to check out.

I'll be honest - I don't know, and I didn't research! This will be the first new car I've ever bought in the UK - I bought three in Qatar! - so I'm a babe in arms.
    Last edited by Qatar-wol; 13th May 2022 at 09:14.

Enjoy the new motor.
    A mate saved a lot by buying his VW transporter in white, and then spent a small fraction of the saving on getting the lower half wrapped (in a vintage VW orange). It looks pretty good and is surprisimgly robust. You could do that if you wanted to avoid total whiteness?

I’ve been looking at the Duster, I like the idea of the dual-fuel, but not sure how viable it would be, anyone run an LPG motor? We’d only be running it as a run around, and an occasional longer journey, since lock down and home working my mileage has dropped to next to nothing and I like the cheap fuel option… Or is it just better to get a plain petrol?

Craftsman
    Not looking for help, more admitting my problems!

Current garage is a C63 Merc wagon……… The Merc is a lovely beast - it's white, and we call it Moby Dick…….. The Merc makes me feel cool, and is fast enough

Basic Joggers are just over £15k, top out at under £18k. No options apart from spare tyre and a tow bar.
    When Dacias were introduced into the UK I could sort of understand paying £5995 for a very basic car, but £18k seems a lot of money.

I really can’t understand replacing a C63 for a Dacia though because the cars are so different. And if the Mercedes’ is “fast enough” with a 0-60mph of 4.5 seconds - or less depending on the model - I’m not sure how you’ll get on with the Dacia.

That said, you know your circumstances and reason to change and I hope whatever you choose works well for you.

P.S. If you want an estate that’s cheaper to run than the v8 Merc but is as quick I recommend test driving a Golf R estate. You might struggle to find one for £18k, but if there’s just one car that you’ll ever need then this is it.
    Last edited by YCymro; 19th May 2022 at 01:37.

Has it really been six months?

I picked up the new Jogger yesterday. It must be one of the first ones commercially available in the UK, as I've only seen one other. Today I'm going to have a play, but so far, pleased with it! Will report other observations as they occur.

The Mazda and this feels like a pretty good two-car garage.

Blog Entries
    Well, it looks good on the pic.

I spend a lot of time in Spain, and Dacia are dominating there. Loaaaaaads of them on the road. Mostly the Duster.

I love the idea, and could get one to leave at the in-laws place out there - but am always concerned about the hard work such a small engine needs to do.

Let us know how you get on with this, will follow with interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has it really been six months?

I picked up the new Jogger yesterday. It must be one of the first ones commercially available in the UK, as I've only seen one other. Today I'm going to have a play, but so far, pleased with it! Will report other observations as they occur.

The Mazda and this feels like a pretty good two-car garage.

For a family that looks perfect and have to say it looks great too.

The U.K. reeks of car badge snobbery, so plenty will fork out double the cost for a car that has the same functionality and similar quality.

I would happily put that on my driveway, if I had one

Craftsman
    I saw a dark grey one yesterday on the road looked impressive, I'm trying to convince the other half to go for a Duster

Interested to hear how you get on with it

Saw a taxi Jogger local to me a few weeks ago, looked good. There is a Dacia dealership in my town, so already loads of Dusters etc knocking about, plus many of the taxi drivers currently drive Logan estates, so I guess these will take over from them.

The fact you’ve only seen one other is scant evidence it’s one of the first in the UK. Looks great though. I see you prefer white - lots of seagulls? Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Driving back from Le Mans in June through the Normandy countryside what struck me was every French-registered car I passed was a Duster. It's the latest in a line of cheap and basic French* cars (think 2CV, R4, R5, 205, AX, Clio and so on) and does just what it needs to do with no pomp or circumstance.

I've been considering a Jogger. I dislike SUVs, but mainly because they're unnecessarily heavy and pointless and wasteful having to lug around so much weight when a smaller engine could be powering a lighter car. This Jogger fits my needs perfectly. I don't do massive journeys but any excess noise doesn't bother me (I still miss my two stripped-out track cars I used on the road) and I often need to have five people in the car. Current wheels (apart from the two-seaters) is a 2004 Skoda Fabia and while I love it (and it was given to me, so pretty good cost per mile so far) it is slightly too small. We'll see. 1,205kg. Very limited amounts of technology, your phone plugs in to provide music and satnav, big knobs to fondle to adjust the airflow and so on. And I can take my son and two of his friends and their dads to football on Saturday mornings.

*Dacia is owned by Renault/Nissan.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Driving back from Le Mans in June through the Normandy countryside what struck me was every French-registered car I passed was a Duster. It's the latest in a line of cheap and basic French* cars (think 2CV, R4, R5, 205, AX, Clio and so on) and does just what it needs to do with no pomp or circumstance.
    This is one of the reasons that I like it so, and why I ooh and ahh when I see a Renault 4/5 on the roads, or an older Twingo.

Slight wrinkle - three days in and I'm very happy with it - the little 1.0 3-cylinder turbo is fun and a bit boosty, and the car is comfortable. But I stumped up for the top-spec in order to get wireless Android Auto (as well as the alloys and the other tickets) and my car doesn't have it.

I spoke to the sales person I dealt with about this, and she told me that "after looking into this it seems that in early June Dacia completely removed this feature from all of their cars." It's a consequence of the worldwide chip shortage, I know, but I'm still annoyed. I can still get Android Auto, but my phone needs to be wired in.

I should be getting a call from the dealer manager and will report back. There's nothing he can do about the spec, but I'll be interested to see how they deal with the situation, especially as this change in the spec wasn't communicated to me before I picked up the car.

Master
    This is one of the reasons that I like it so, and why I ooh and ahh when I see a Renault 4/5 on the roads, or an older Twingo.

Slight wrinkle - three days in and I'm very happy with it - the little 1.0 3-cylinder turbo is fun and a bit boosty, and the car is comfortable. But I stumped up for the top-spec in order to get wireless Android Auto (as well as the alloys and the other tickets) and my car doesn't have it.

I spoke to the sales person I dealt with about this, and she told me that "after looking into this it seems that in early June Dacia completely removed this feature from all of their cars." It's a consequence of the worldwide chip shortage, I know, but I'm still annoyed. I can still get Android Auto, but my phone needs to be wired in.

I should be getting a call from the dealer manager and will report back. There's nothing he can do about the spec, but I'll be interested to see how they deal with the situation, especially as this change in the spec wasn't communicated to me before I picked up the car.
    Just in case you didn’t know there are 3rd party options for the wireless connection, perhaps a contribution from them towards one.

I’ve never used one so do your own due diligence https://uk.pcmag.com/mobile-phone-ac...d-auto-in-2022

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Saw a taxi Jogger local to me a few weeks ago, looked good. There is a Dacia dealership in my town, so already loads of Dusters etc knocking about, plus many of the taxi drivers currently drive Logan estates, so I guess these will take over from them.
    There is a bunch of them around town now run by a few of the companies.

Master
    £15k to £18k buys you some seriously nice, slightly used wheels. I'd never spend that money on a new Dacia; or a Kia or a Hyundai, or any of that type of vehicle. Value sinks faster than a mobster in concrete boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    £15k to £18k buys you some seriously nice, slightly used wheels. I'd never spend that money on a new Dacia; or a Kia or a Hyundai, or any of that type of vehicle. Value sinks faster than a mobster in concrete boots.
    What, like something rooted to the bottom of the reliability surveys like BMW, JLR and Audi?

Funny you mention depreciation like you have no idea what you are talking about

https://glass.co.uk/news/uk/the-new-...al-value-hero/

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Judging by the asking prices (and I know - asking prices) on Autotrader, my Dacia would get me at least £1500 more than list now, especially as I bought it at the list price 6 months ago.

About the missing wireless Android Auto - the dealer manager called me this morning and explained that the feature had been removed. He offered to pay for a new wireless adapter, but I think I'll just stick to the wires, rather than have a dongle hanging from the dash!

Master
    Me and the family went to look at the Jogger just over 3 weeks ago after our diesel CR-V started playing up (probably not helped by all the short runs it does). We were all pleasantly surprised with it, so much so that we placed a deposit on a cancelled order that was due in soon saving a good few months wait for a fresh order. Obviously we didn’t get to choose the spec or colour but it was the one we would have probably chosen anyway (top spec extreme in terracotta).

I was pleasantly surprised with how well it drove 4 up, felt very solid and competent on the road. It is everything we want in a family car and I’m pretty certain that the interior space per £ ratio can’t be beat. I’m certainly no badge snob, I would just worry with a premium motor on the drive what attention it might attract. I asked a question on a Jogger group about a suitable faraday pouch for the keyless key and the first response was ‘that’s why I chose a Jogger as no one will want to nick it!’

I’ve had a fair few Skodas which I’ve loved but the equivalent Kodiaq would be at least £30k. Plus I’m sure I’ve seen that the Joggers predicted residual value is 61% so up there with the best I think. I really couldn’t justify spending more money on an older, potentially smaller car, in this crazy second hand market but each to their own.

After a slight delay in delivery to the dealer due to driver shortages I got the call today to say I can collect it Sunday just 4 weeks after placing my deposit. I’m actually a bit more excited than I probably should be!

Master
    Judging by the asking prices (and I know - asking prices) on Autotrader, my Dacia would get me at least £1500 more than list now, especially as I bought it at the list price 6 months ago.

About the missing wireless Android Auto - the dealer manager called me this morning and explained that the feature had been removed. He offered to pay for a new wireless adapter, but I think I'll just stick to the wires, rather than have a dongle hanging from the dash!
    Hope you’re enjoying your Jogger, it looks really well in white with the contrasting black trim.

The missing wireless connectivity is slightly annoying, I’m lucky to have been let down more gently with reading about the omission before actually taking delivery. I don’t think it will affect my day to day enjoyment of the car though, when I had android auto previously I only really used it on longer runs for Google maps anyway. I’m sure other aspects of the car will make up for it (For one I’ve never had heated seats before!)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Hope you’re enjoying your Jogger, it looks really well in white with the contrasting black trim.

The missing wireless connectivity is slightly annoying, I’m lucky to have been let down more gently with reading about the omission before actually taking delivery. I don’t think it will affect my day to day enjoyment of the car though, when I had android auto previously I only really used it on longer runs for Google maps anyway. I’m sure other aspects of the car will make up for it (For one I’ve never had heated seats before!)
    Ha, heated seats are a treat! My other car is an MX-5, and the combo of heated seats and a good heater means that I can roof-down all year round!

Taking the Dacia up to Manchester this weekend - will report back after the first long trip!

Master
    Ha, heated seats are a treat! My other car is an MX-5, and the combo of heated seats and a good heater means that I can roof-down all year round!

Taking the Dacia up to Manchester this weekend - will report back after the first long trip!
    Hmm I wonder if I can get away with spending what we ‘saved’ on the Dacia on getting a fun car as well! I’m interested to hear how you get on with a long trip in the Jogger, will be a while before ours gets a proper run out.

OK, so.

Warwick to Poynton, my parents, my two kids and me. Two big foam mattresses, four pillows, two overnight bags and sundry bits and bobs.

I removed one of the third-row seats, my daughter had the other and could lean against the foam to snooze. My mum and son were in the middle row, so there was room between them, and my dad in the front with me. 2:45 there (rain, bits of rush hour), 1:58 back this morning, and the Jogger behaved very well. It pulled well enough, despite being laden - the engine is q little turbo, and it comes on boost at 2000rpm with a little rush - it likes being kept spooled up if you want to make progress. Never faster than an indicated 80mph, and cruise control for much of the return journey today.

Waze all the way, through Android Auto, and it was comfortable, too - some reviewers have complained that the headrest pushes their heads too far forward but I've not felt that.

I was very happy. It's a remarkably good car.

Master
    What fuel return did you get if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Don't mind at all. I expect the engine's still a bit tight, as we left Warwick with the ODO showing only 80 miles (and all of that had been urban.) The onboard MPG reading kept slowly improving as we sat on the motorway and was at 42mpg when we returned home.

I'll keep an eye on it when I next put fuel in it - do the calculations - but 40mpg, five up with luggage at 80mpg feels reasonable.

Master
    That’s good to here, thanks for the update. Picking mine up in an hour!

Excellent! Let us know how you get on!

Master
    Picked up today, done around 70 miles on a mix of A roads and a bit of motorway. Certainly held its own with 4 of us in, hard to believe it’s a 1.0 engine! Feels solid and well put together.
    I feel like I somehow beat the system getting this for under 20k when it’s closest competition is 30k+ and comes with less kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^very nice and great colour.

Looking sharp! I've very happy with mine.

I had an electric Hormann garage door fitted a couple of weeks ago, and the owner of the installation company came by to look at a couple of things that needed to fixed. He drove up in a newish RangeRover and was fascinated by the Jogger. Couldn't stop muttering to himself, "Eighteen grand?"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    ^^^very nice and great colour.
    Cheers, Dacia call it Terracotta, but the logbook says brown. I’d not seen one in the metal before ordering so I’m relieved it’s more red/orange than brown!

Master
    Looking sharp! I've very happy with mine.

I had an electric Hormann garage door fitted a couple of weeks ago, and the owner of the installation company came by to look at a couple of things that needed to fixed. He drove up in a newish RangeRover and was fascinated by the Jogger. Couldn't stop muttering to himself, "Eighteen grand?"

Haha love it! I’m muttering the same to be honest! I nearly bought a Kodiaq earlier in the year for over double the cost of the Jogger. I doubt it would have been twice the car.

Master
    Make sure that you change before the warranty runs out. I had to get a similar Renault wheelchair vehicle for dad and everything seemed to be timed to fail in year 4 (out of warranty then). Up to then it was brilliant!

Genuinely considering a Dacia Jogger

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Make sure that you change before the warranty runs out. I had to get a similar Renault wheelchair vehicle for dad and everything seemed to be timed to fail in year 4 (out of warranty then). Up to then it was brilliant!
    Nonsense. You are using a single experience different car under the same parent group, probably built in a different country with different parts to make that recommendation.

No information on the Jogger yet, but the Sandero is more reliable than small Audi A1, VW Polo, Skoda Fabia and Ford Fiesta to name but four.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2022-wh...-survey/n23397

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Nonsense. You are using a single experience different car under the same parent group, probably built in a different country with different parts to make that recommendation.

No information on the Jogger yet, but the Sandero is more reliable than small Audi A1, VW Polo, Skoda Fabia and Ford Fiesta to name but four.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2022-wh...-survey/n23397
    Nonsense? No! Experience of the breed and many other "modern" cars, with built in obsolescense, using brittle plastics, unstable "rubber" and lots of temperamental "sensors". They are that cheap, for many reasons, all of which result in a low warranty period.

Nonsense? No! Experience of the breed and many other "modern" cars, with built in obsolescense, using brittle plastics, unstable "rubber" and lots of temperamental "sensors". They are that cheap, for many reasons, all of which result in a low warranty period.
    That's BMWs for you.

Master
    There are a lot of Dacia Logan’s around my way being run as taxis and that’s about the hardest use you are going to see for a car.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    There are a lot of Dacia Logan’s around my way being run as taxis and that’s about the hardest use you are going to see for a car.
    Of course.

Cheap to buy, cheap to run. Allowable against tax and ultimately 'disposable'.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Just going to drop this here -

Also, just brimmed the tank for the second time, and 37.66 litres of E10 gave me 313 miles of entirely urban use, so nearly 38mpg. That makes the trip computer's 40mpg feel a little optimistic.

^ Exactly. And that's one reason I do a 4-5yr lease on BMWs.

I can see the attraction, I really can, although it's not for me.

Here - arty. Thank goodness for the heated seats, although you can tell it's a small engine, the way that it cools down so quickly when it's turned off.

Genuinely considering a Dacia Jogger

the way that it cools down so quickly when it's turned off.
    The advantage of a big diesel engine like on my Volvo V70 D5.

Drive it in cold weather and then leave it for a few hours at work. It still got some heat when you crank it to go home.

Just going to drop this here -

Also, just brimmed the tank for the second time, and 37.66 litres of E10 gave me 313 miles of entirely urban use, so nearly 38mpg. That makes the trip computer's 40mpg feel a little optimistic.
    Land Rover not on there? I assume they are in a league of there own with costs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been following this thread quite closely. My golf estate lease finishes next year and I’ve been seriously tempted by a Jogger despite my brother trying to talk me out of it.

Stock seems thin on the ground and that’s the only reason I’ve not pulled the trigger. I’ve spoken to a few dealers and they’re trying to sell pre-ref cars for more than list, not for me.

As an aside, I managed to find a lease deal for a seat Ateca at a ridiculously low price compared to what lease deals seem to have been going for in the past 18 months.

No deposit, 258 a month on a 2 year lease with excess miles charged at 3.6p. I’m now leaning toward that rather than the jogger. Shame really, but I just don’t fancy the 6 month wait.