closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ozark. WITH SPOILERS

Master

Ozark. WITH SPOILERS

Opened a new thread so as not to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet.
    So what did you think of the ending?
    Last edited by jaytip; 5th May 2022 at 21:36.

Wonderful to see just without clicking in the thread and scrolling through that Ruth has died. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please amend your original comments OP so it doesn't ruin it for other people :).
    Thanks.

Master

Ozark. WITH SPOILERS

My apologies. I wrote it via the normal TZ page which only sees the headline.
    I didn’t realise you could see it via Tapatalk.
    I’m trying to edit it but it’s still showing.

Don't worry! I'll try to forget or unread this before watching ;)!!
    Should have started watching it earlier I guess.

I wrote on the other thread, prior to watching it all…

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    I watched series one seemingly years ago, and gave up. Unlikeable characters, preposterous plotting, and… Laura Linney. An actress who brightens any scene just by leaving it.

On the basis of this thread, I decided to give it another shot. Just finished series two. It wants to be, but isn’t, Breaking Bad. But what is? Well, Better Call Saul. But I've finished that.

So onwards to series three and I suspect I will now see it through to the end. Without caring how it ends, nor how it gets there. I think I'm just watching it for Julia Garner and Charlie Tahan.
    I've now watched it all and, having avoided posting this as it’s a kind of spoiler, my opinion hasn’t changed.

Blog Entries
    Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed by series 4; IMHO the whole drug cartel thing was way OTT and overplayed. Also it seemed to be a huge jump from owning a few businesses, to creating a Foundation that would "own the Mid-West" - Marty and Wendy are hardly Bill and Melinda, are they? Or perhaps I've missed something.....

Intrigued to know whether Jonah shoots the PI (I don't doubt he would or could) or aims for the cookie jar; he's a very smart kid, without the cookie jar/evidence the PI has only circumstantial evidence, if that. (Though at that distance, with a shotgun, it's going to be hard to hit the jar without taking out half of the PI too!)

It’s a few days since I saw it but it looked more like a rifle than a shotgun.

Thumbs up

I really wanted Wendy and Marty to get their come-uppance. :(

Not happy with that ending really.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed by series 4; IMHO the whole drug cartel thing was way OTT and overplayed. Also it seemed to be a huge jump from owning a few businesses, to creating a Foundation that would "own the Mid-West" - Marty and Wendy are hardly Bill and Melinda, are they? Or perhaps I've missed something.....

Intrigued to know whether Jonah shoots the PI (I don't doubt he would or could) or aims for the cookie jar; he's a very smart kid, without the cookie jar/evidence the PI has only circumstantial evidence, if that. (Though at that distance, with a shotgun, it's going to be hard to hit the jar without taking out half of the PI too!)
    Showrunner has confirmed Jonah shot Mel

https://screenrant.com/ozark-season-...ist-explained/

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    I really wanted Wendy and Marty to get their come-uppance. :(

Not happy with that ending really.
    Agree. Really wanted Ruth to come out on top of the whole thing, but I suppose it was inevitable given she was a langmore

The ending was just too quickly reached in the final episode for me, and then left unanswered as to whether they came away alive

Really was a meh ending to a great program

Red face

So I suppose the Cartel Boss lady continues supplying heroin to the Pharma Boss lady, who continues donating funds to Wendy & Marty's now 'legitimate' foundation?

Feel really sorry for Ruth - but I suppose a 'fairy tale' ending would have been a bit cheesy.

To be fair, she could never have got away with killing a cartel boss!

Red face

...'spose. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    To be fair, she could never have got away with killing a cartel boss!