closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: State of the Collection

Craftsman

State of the Collection

I've ordered this in order of purchase

1997 Rolex Submariner 14060. My first foray into Rolex was a 36mm Explorer 1. I didn't really get on with it so quickly sold it and put the money towards the Sub. Definitely wanted a no date -prefer the cleaner lines. Had it serviced at Rolex Feb 2018, crown and glass replaced. The clasp is a little loose but happy with it.

1995 Rolex GMT Master 16700. I always fancied a Pepsi, such a classic look. This piece was originally a black bezel so I took it to St James and had it replaced with a Pepsi. At some point in its past the hour and second hand were replaced with Superluminova.

2000 Rolex Daytona 116520 (white). Daytona was always on my list. I went for a white dial as I already had two black dial Rolexes. The white dial looks prettier than the black, but the black looks more sporty IMO. It's an early 2000 model. I haven't noticed any creamy patina to the dial yet :-) A pretty watch.

2016 Vacheron Constantin 4500V Blue dial. Bought second hand early 2019 before all the excitement over this model. Only ever liked the blue dial variant. I like blue dial watches in general. Build quality superior to the other models but I find it wears big. The polished bezel is prone to scratches. Weighs a ton with the bracelet on (162 grams).

1980 Omega Moonwatch 145.022 78. Came with its original paperwork and sales receipt. Originally sold in Berlin. Still on it's its original bracelet. A charming vintage-looking piece. Looking cracking on a brown leather strap. I find the watch light and wears small for 42mm which suits me.

2014 Rolex Milgauss Z blue. Was never a massive fan of the Milgauss range but liked the funky colours of the Z blue. This is the only full set Rolex i own. Originally sold in Rome late 2014.

Case is a little chunky but a comfortable fit overall.

2006 Rolex Daytona 116250 (black). As much as I liked the white dial, i still hankered after the black. I think I now prefer black to white. This one is a later thick stick hands version. Easier to read the time than the white which has thin hands :-)

2022 Tudor Pelagos FXD. Always loved the looks of the blue Snowflake. So when these were announced they were on my radar. Liked the way each one is engraved on the back with its year of manufacture. Mine is a 22. 21 is probably a better investment. Lovely watch. Very light on the wrist. Comes with two straps. The velcro one is way too long for me. The blue buckle one is better. I've a traditional green/yellow strap as shown in the photo. The only watch in the collection which was bought new/unused.
    Last edited by mhurley; 6th June 2022 at 18:47.

Master

State of the Collection

Photos added now!
    Last edited by Mj2k; 5th May 2022 at 13:26.

Craftsman
    Nice collection! Rolex heavy mind you!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by axb601 View Post
    Nice collection! Rolex heavy mind you!
    ?……

Great collection and thanks for sharing - all great but the 80's Speedmaster would be my pick of the bunch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    ?……
    I meant, the collection has a lot of Rolex watches in it. 62.5% Rolex to be precise. Rolex-heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk