closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Ford dealership people on here?

Blog Entries

Any Ford dealership people on here?

Reason I ask is because something is a bit odd about a car we're buying for the better half. Was ordered at the beginning of the year middle of January deposit paid etc. Told it would be June-ish for delivery. Anyway got an e-mail from them a week ago asking if we still wanted the car, as they'd been trying to ring us since February when the car came into stock! They did have the wrong number by one digit on the paperwork they showed us.

So we went over to sort it out and look at the car. The dealership is in Cambridgeshire. Had a look at the car and it already has a 22 plate reg on it, with 7.5 miles on the clock. Also has roof rails which are an option we didn't order. It's an AF reg which comes up as a Truro reg no. Salesman says they are coming through with roof rails as it's near the end of the production run when I question why it has them.(?) I knew they are a paid option because they have one in the showroom I was looking at which lists them as an option!

Anyway today tried to do the Ford 3 day driveway insurance and it doesn't recognise the reg no on the car! Can't phone them until tomorrow now.

Am I missing something here? Something doesn't seem quite right, but I cant figure out what.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

If the car is not registered the number plate won't work on insurance sites, sounds like they fitted the plates in anticipation.

Master
    Its not "your" car??? it was ordered by someone else who was unable to proceed and happens to nearly match your order?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    Its not "your" car??? it was ordered by someone else who was unable to proceed and happens to nearly match your order?
    The car was originally ordered by a customer in or around Truro, it was prepared, plated and PDI'd though the deal didn't complete, the dealer then put the car on the internal Ford dealer network, you may end up being the second owner.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

AF is 100% a Cambridgeshire number plate, as in AF22 CAR. The Truro AF is the old style, as in A123 AAF.

The plate won’t be recognised by the insurance company as it is not yet in use, it’s been reserved and then put onto the car in preparation for registration. Use the chassis number instead to arrange insurance.

7.5 miles, as in seven and a half…normal delivery mileage.

As for the roof rails, manufacturers sometimes do add paid options as a freebie, either as a mis-build or as a conscious choice to use up items they will likely not use again. If you haven’t paid for the option, then it’s a freebie. If they charge you, politely decline and point to your order form.

Quote Originally Posted by the.admiral View Post
    AF is 100% a Cambridgeshire number plate, as in AF22 CAR. The Truro AF is the old style, as in A123 AAF.

The plate won’t be recognised by the insurance company as it is not yet in use, it’s been reserved and then put onto the car in preparation for registration. Use the chassis number instead to arrange insurance.

As for the roof rails, manufacturers sometimes do add paid options as a freebie, either as a mis-build or as a conscious choice to use up items they will likely not use again. If you haven’t paid for the option, then it’s a freebie. If they charge you, politely decline and point to your order form.
    This makes far more sense than my comment,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries

Just seemed odd as my Jag plate was recognised for their drive away insurance. There was no option to use the chassis no. so will have to manually enter all the car details.
    Perhaps I’m being too suspicious if the AF plate is a local one, must admit was only going on a quick online search for AF plates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Probably not every time!

Craftsman
    Yeah all seems normal to me

Master
    AF is a Cambridgeshire reg pre fix in the modern era. Can’t the dealer organise the driveway insurance on your behalf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Just seemed odd as my Jag plate was recognised for their drive away insurance. There was no option to use the chassis no. so will have to manually enter all the car details.
    Perhaps I’m being too suspicious if the AF plate is a local one, must admit was only going on a quick online search for AF plates.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not every time!
    The registration number lookup is an issue. Just give them the full exact details of the car after explaining (probably more than once) that is a new and unregistered vehicle.

Dealer cannot do it, or should not do it, as you need to provide all the details re car and, more importantly, personal details.

Until the car is registered there is zero record of the actual registration number.

Blog Entries
    The registration number lookup is an issue. Just give them the full exact details of the car after explaining (probably more than once) that is a new and unregistered vehicle.

Dealer cannot do it, or should not do it, as you need to provide all the details re car and, more importantly, personal details.

Until the car is registered there is zero record of the actual registration number.
    I was assuming since it had registration plates on it it had been registered.

Craftsman
    Even if it has it takes time for databases to update etc

Ford and other insurers will be able to get it sorted over the phone

Just had a new motor. Insured on day of delivery but registration not recognised (too new), just entered the model, model and variant online as mid policy change (LV). Sorted easily.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the advice guys as usual. Much appreciated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Some things never change