Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
None of this surprises me frankly. Where I am it seems that so many people are vastly overweight that a slim and fit person is a rarity.

I park on a small trading estate occasionally and there's a Farm Foods there. People go in and out, trolleys full of junk and crap, most so round and podgy I'm surprised they have the strength to get in and out of their cars. It does make one wonder just why they get like that.

I eat very carefullly, do at least four hard gym sessions a week, walk when I can, stand when I can and monitor my calories carefully on my Apple Watch. I often get mistaken for someone in their late 20s, and I'm actually 46.

I'm not saying it's easy, in fact it's very hard. But it's soooo worth the effort! I feel like a million dollars and believe it or not, I actually find that women look at me, and even smile occasionally. That NEVER happened before I got into shape. Never!

It can become a touch obsessive if one isn't careful, but my PT taught me how to carefully focus whilst still maintaining general fitness, and also not burn out; which is easy at the start.

I know it ain't for everyone, but it does dishearten me somewhat when someone who says I look fit/healthy/slim etc asks how I do it, and then when I tell them they immediately say "oh, I could never do that!"

Well, you can, but you just don't want to.
Really good to hear and well done as you said it is not easy being fit and healthy but its so worth it