closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What to add next?

What to add next?

I currently have a three-watch collection and I'd like to keep it under 5, so I'm considering what to add next. My current collection comprises:

1. Rolex Airking 116900 (I'll never sell this as I bought it when my son was born and I'll eventually give it to him)
    2. Rolex SD43 126600
    3. Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time 7900v

I am generally a pretty casual guy and do not need a dress watch, and for those more formal occasions my VC can cover that quite well. I'm looking to add something to add a bit more interest to the black dials I currently have (I'm also see if I can trade my VC for the silver dial one) and have narrowed it down to the following:

1. AP diver blue dial
    2. AP ROO 43mm
    3. Submariner bluesy 126613LB (although possibly too "loud" for what I'd feel comfortable with)
    4. GO Seaq blue dial
    5. BP Fifty Fathoms, although I much prefer the black dial and that doesn't help add some variety or colour!
    6. Rolex Yacht Master 42mm falcon's eye (need to see in person though)

I'm open to other suggestions and the AP's are almost impossible for me (with no spend history) to get at retail. Ideally with a budget of around £20k, although I'd break that for the AP. Am I missing anything else that could fit into a casual/sporty but a little different category?

Last edited by Courboy; 3rd May 2022 at 13:20.

Master
    Rolex Deep Sea "James Cameron" - the dial is amazing,
    Zenith El Primero?

Craftsman
    I think out of the option I would add the YM, as it would also give you a precious metal option. I would personally also consider a Breguet Type XXI in rose gold which will be £11-14k and is stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've already got simple, diver and GMT covered so I'd probably go for a chrono of some sort. El primero is a good call and plenty of options on dial colour.

Blog Entries
    Out of that lot: AP ROO 43mm would be my choice.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I’m going to be slightly contrary and say that if I was choosing from the options you have outlined, my money would go to the Fifty Fathoms in a heartbeat - but the blue dial Ti model rather than the black dial.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Rolex Deep Sea "James Cameron" - the dial is amazing,
    Zenith El Primero?
    I do love it and I was going to get one a few months ago before I tried it on. It actually wore a lot better than I had initially thought but the thickness was a bit off-putting. It would also be quite similar-ish to my SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    I think out of the option I would add the YM, as it would also give you a precious metal option. I would personally also consider a Breguet Type XXI in rose gold which will be £11-14k and is stunning.
    The Breguet is a great shout - must try one on! The 126655 is also calling me.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Out of that lot: AP ROO 43mm would be my choice.
    If only I could get hold of one or be one of the chosen few.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I’m going to be slightly contrary and say that if I was choosing from the options you have outlined, my money would go to the Fifty Fathoms in a heartbeat - but the blue dial Ti model rather than the black dial.

Simon
    Perhaps I need to look at the blue FF again. I love the dial but I preferred the black because the bezel on the blue felt a bit washed out, and the lume was glowing quite green in the daylight. It’s a lovely watch though and one I do keep coming back to.