closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recent experience at Pragnell in London

Craftsman

Recent experience at Pragnell in London

I thought I’d write a post about my recent experience with Pragnell, in short: they were brilliant.

London Rolex ADs have given me many laughs of late over the different ways in which they deal with customers during these “trying times”. I’m sure my experiences of rude staff slamming doors in faces are not unique to most people on the forum but nevertheless we persevere. So I decided to fill out the enquiry form on Pragnell’s website assuming I’d never hear back, but to my amazement I received a call less than 15 minutes later from a very friendly sales associate named Claire. She was extremely helpful and made me feel very welcome as a new customer, she even invited me to exhibitions at their Stratford upon Avon showroom.

We arranged for me to pop into their Mayfair showroom the following day to meet with Mike and I must say it was by far the most enjoyable and pleasant experience I’ve had with an AD in years. He of course explained the current situation as we all know it, and made no promises, but just having an AD who not only doesn’t laugh in your face when you say the word Rolex but also takes a genuine interest and spends time with you is very refreshing! We spent time chatting about watches and he was very happy to get anything they had on display out to let me have a play. All in all I can highly recommend them if any one is interested.

Bravo Pragnell for maintaining good customer service when all other London ADs appear to have given up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had equally fantastic dealings with the Stratford upon Avon branch, in particular with Robert.

Master
    It's still a load of old cobblers though, this 'forming a relationship' with a dealer. I'm glad you had a nice time though.

What did you express an interest for?
    Last edited by rico; 3rd May 2022 at 13:03. Reason: Content

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    It's still a load of old cobblers though, this 'forming a relationship' with a dealer. I'm glad you had a nice time though.

What did you express an interest for?
    The Explorer 1 in steel.

You could say that, but given the lack of availability AND the lack of just basic customer service or general manners elsewhere, I thought it was worth singing Pragnell's praises a little.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by axb601 View Post
    The Explorer 1 in steel.

You could say that, but given the lack of availability AND the lack of just basic customer service or general manners elsewhere, I thought it was worth singing Pragnell's praises a little.
    Yes, understood. I can't imagine the working day for a Rolex dealer at the moment is particularly stimulating, given they don't have and Rolex to sell!

Craftsman
    Everybody on the shop floor at the Stratford branch get my vote

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Makes me shudder just thinking about spending time in any showroom, let alone one where I know there's nothing for sale. Polite salesman or otherwise, I'd still rather stick pins in my eyes.

But glad you enjoyed 'the experience'.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Makes me shudder just thinking about spending time in any showroom, let alone one where I know there's nothing for sale.
    There are items for sale just not always what you want!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Makes me shudder just thinking about spending time in any showroom, let alone one where I know there's nothing for sale. Polite salesman or otherwise, I'd still rather stick pins in my eyes.

But glad you enjoyed 'the experience'.
    Yes I fully agree. That’s why I found this last experience so refreshing because the urge to stick pins in my eyes didn’t occur!

Also, they do actually have some items for sale (including Rolex - just doubtfully what most of us on the forum want to buy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole perosnally. Paid them a deposit for a Patek once a few years ago. They kept my money for around 18 months from memory and then told me they couldn't supply it to me, not before asking me if I would like to buy any jewelerry for my wife. True story, I still have the emails.

Put me off this company and also sadly Patek too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    On their mailing list from years ago - keep getting fancy ads now and then for the new Rolex / Patek models with an enquire link. Seems rather pointless

Master
    I’ve had good service from the Leicester branch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I’ve had good service from the Leicester branch
    Good to know!