closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not so All Inclusive.

Hybrid View

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think they are fed up with the piss head tourists...............finally.

I suspect we’ll see a language change soon, from ‘all inclusive’ to things like ‘included food and drinks package’.

Even if you put aside the drunken tourists and ‘Brits abroad’ problems, the costs must be difficult to deal with which brings a need to control things differently.

Likely an attempt to save the local independent bars and restaurants whose business have suffered from the proliferation of all-inclusive hotels. I think one or two of the UK's largest package holiday providers (First Choice?) literally only offer all inclusive.
    We did one once, and it served a purpose for the kids (snacks, soft drinks and ice cream on tap) but never again. There was a crowd waiting for the poolside bar to open at 10am and appeared hell-bent on getting their money's worth!

The version that I have experienced (never again) is a buffet at every meal time (not great) and the drinks are local, short measure. Clearly, the fall out from people 'maxing out' has done it's journey - not as if the drinks are that expensive when they are paid for.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I know in Mallorca pre Covid the Guardia Civil and Policia Local had gotten to the end of their tether with British yob behaviour and were determined to sort it out, they know most get tanked up on the all inclusive then spill out to the bars after 10 and get fully slaughtered.

The All inclusives have as others said had a massive impact on trade of restaurants within the vicinity of the these hotels.

When the Spanish Authorities get serious they really do which is refreshing, they have previously used British police to work in Magaluf to keep order such was the extent of the problem.

Ironically lots of the “All inclusives” have had false claims from Brits for food poisoning etc once they return home seeking to recover the cost of their jollies, the hotels have scoured the bogus claimants social media finding no sign of illness and then counter sued for damages with erroneous claimants having to appear in Spanish courts to defend themselves “Bravo”.

https://english.elpais.com/elpais/20...32_097733.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-claims.html
    Last edited by TKH; 1st May 2022 at 21:24.

May also be to prevent any claims from 3rd parties for serving the tw4ts with too much booze, and any resultant damage/actions

Master
    About time too. Having had to put up with "tanked up" tourists I shall be delighted. Far too much drinking (and eating) to excess in all parts of society in recent years!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Though I'm sure the knock on effects tot he resort are worse due to the destination being slightly cheaper, All Inclusive downside is not exclusive to British tourists in Spain. We spent 3 days at an AI in Mexico as part of a trip which was no better, full of people of all nationalities abusing the drinks policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    We did one once, and it served a purpose for the kids (snacks, soft drinks and ice cream on tap) but never again. There was a crowd waiting for the poolside bar to open at 10am and appeared hell-bent on getting their money's worth!
    We only did it once, in Cuba, and it was good for the teenage at the time kids - They could drink and eat when/what they liked (not alcohol) without asking us.

It was also great as I dived a few days and missed lunch, but I could get a great, freshly made pizza when I got back mid-afternoon.

We usually stayed on the beach, while the hard-core 'all-inclusivers' (mostly Puerto Ricans as I recall being told - They weren't popular with the staff) never ventured from the pool. I never saw anyone getting rowdy though, the buffet for food was less well ordered, though, and we usually ate dinner in the included a la carte restaurants (officially we could only eat in each of the 3 once per week, but we just asked and they let us do so whenever we wanted).

Staff would regularly come along the beach and offer us drinks or we could walk the few dozen yards to the bar to get a drink.

I can imagine, though, that in some places, unlimited free drink is a very bad idea.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?